TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Survivor 5 Details...

Old 05-03-02, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Survivor 5 Details...

S5 will take place on an island off of Thailand called Tarutao Island:

'Survivor' Gets Green Light
The Film Board and other relevant agencies have given their approval to CBS to film its fifth season of "Survivor" on Tarutao Island National Reserve. The production team will stay in the Forestry Department's lodgings on Tarutao Island. Only the show's 16 competitors will be allowed to stay in the island's forest area, Film Board director Sidhichai Jayant said. Filming is loosely set for July.

Old 05-03-02, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
Good. It looks like they're not going to start showing Survivor 5 right away after Survivor 4, like they did with 4 after 3.

If I were CBS, I'd wait to start showing 5 until after the Superbowl or so, like they did with Survivor 2. That worked well in terms of ending in sweeps week and it would keep it a little fresher than if they started in September.
Old 05-05-02, 06:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by juiio
Good. It looks like they're not going to start showing Survivor 5 right away after Survivor 4, like they did with 4 after 3.

If I were CBS, I'd wait to start showing 5 until after the Superbowl or so, like they did with Survivor 2. That worked well in terms of ending in sweeps week and it would keep it a little fresher than if they started in September.
If you were CBS you'd want to make the most money and showing it twice a year is the way to do it.
Old 05-06-02, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
Originally posted by juiio

I think it will probably start in the Novemeber sweeps and end in the February sweeps.
Old 05-06-02, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally posted by CarlosTheDwarf

If you were CBS you'd want to make the most money and showing it twice a year is the way to do it.
No, if I was CBS, the way I'd make the most money is not by showing it twice a year. In the short run that would get the most money, but not over the long run.