Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Babylon 5 fans - Charity Event

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-02, 08:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Babylon 5 fans - Charity Event

Mods - well, it is about a tv show, so I'd think it would go in TV Talk. I'm passing along the info ...

10 cast members from Babylon 5, Crusade, and Enterprise, have come together with a charity event that may interest you. Please visit either www.thegalacticgateway.com or my own page for more details. My page is http://www.isnanchordesk.com/charity and has information on the cast members involved.

They are offering a larger than normal picture, autographed by all 10 people, for $100. All of the proceeds from the amount go to charity. If you collect autographs, especially of the guests, you know how much they can charge and how difficult it can be to track them all down.

This can be looked at positively in at least two ways.

1 - You're helping kids (Penny Lane) and the various 9/11 victim funds.

2 - You're getting autographs of 10 people on a collective limited edition large (11x14) photograph really cheap (Beata Pozniak alone charges $50, and the others aren't exactly cheap).
Old 05-01-02, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, most of those people are your proverbial con-whores, but having spent quite a bit of time with all of them (except Beata), I can say that they are some of the nicest, most well-intentioned con guests I've ever been exposed to. And God, Carrie gives me the HOT. (So does Pat, but she's too damn_tall )

Anyway, though I have all their autographs already, I have no problem supporting these wonderful people. They truly are what makes going to conventions a worthwhile experience. I just placed my order. Thanks for the link. I would think they could sell more than 1,000 copies at that price. Perhaps they will, and they'll do more charity auctions like this one.

das
Old 05-06-02, 06:00 PM

das - if you haven't read it already, I've just posted a message on that board regarding this photo. Any comments on the idea?

http://thegalacticgateway.com/wwwboa...sages/1603.htm
Old 05-07-02, 06:20 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by ThunderChild
das - if you haven't read it already, I've just posted a message on that board regarding this photo. Any comments on the idea?

http://thegalacticgateway.com/wwwboa...sages/1603.htm
Fine by me. Honestly, I would imagine the only reason they wouldn't sell all of the charity photos almost immediately would be lack of publicity. I don't have any passionate opinion one way or the other, but I'd be happy to register my photo if it will help others.

das
Old 05-07-02, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Thanks for the info. I'll check it out in depth when I get a chance.
Old 05-22-02, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Well, mine arrived today, and surprisingly, I'm #20/1000. I hope I just got lucky, and they're not having trouble selling. They did an excellent job with the packaging and included the Dennis Madalone single "America, We Stand as One." OmahaStar, thanks again for bringing this to our attention.

das