TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Shield 4/30/02

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-02, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,659 Likes on 1,035 Posts
The Shield 4/30/02

Might as well get this going.

Another strong episode, IMHO. How freaky was it when the burn victim opened his eyes. I really didn't see that coming, I would have been as freaked as the cops.

I really liked the "re-partnering," especially Mackey with CCH (can't remember her character's name). It was fun to see them doing things the other person's way.

I like how Dutch has grown a lot of confidence, especially now that he seems to be showing the Strike Force that he isn't a complete waste.

I think they are handling Julien's storyline really well too. I like that Mackey wasn't out to "get" him or ruin just because he could, but saying "hey, help me out and I'll help you out."

I realize that it's wrong for him to be stealing drugs in the first place, but at least they are attempting to show him as having some shades of gray, that he's not just a bad cop.

I HATE their captain (can't remember his name either...do you notice they don't seem to say each other's names very much?). His attitude of cleaning up the department, but his willingness to leak and jepordize an investigation just for his own political aspirations, in my opinion makes him no better than Mackey.

I liked the montage at the end showing all the characters. I thought Dutch's hook-up was going to kill herself with his gun. That would have been bad. Not sure why they showed her picking it up, unless it was to give us that very impression.

And we still have an assassin and a serial killer running around. All in all, I'm really enjoying this show.
Old 05-01-02, 09:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Funny enough, I was expecting the burn victim to start gasping like the 'Sloth' victim in Se7en.

The montages at the end of the episode were really great.
The Shield is rapidly becoming my favorite show on television.
Old 05-01-02, 12:11 PM
Banned

Now as far as the Captain goes.
I wouldn't want to work for him unless I was a useless cop and I had to kiss ass to get promotions. I like him on the show for that reason he's kind of a "Jag Political Correct Captain".
I'm sure he must not be liked by most watchers on the show.
I fear the way the last episode went they may want to write him off the show. He's good for the show because he's like a "jag".
And it's not because he's hispanic like me that I want him to stay!
Old 05-01-02, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
If you didn't see the montage, you would've missed
Spoiler:
the big white girl and one of her black boyfriends dead on the floor at the hands of the other bf

It was funny to see Dutch carefully setting up the guy who killed his partner and having him confess in two seconds after Shane yelled at him.

What is Mackie going to do now that he doesn't have protection from above?

Honk!
Old 05-01-02, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Charlie Goose

What is Mackie going to do now that he doesn't have protection from above?

I don't think Mackie needs his protection. I never noticed a situation that he pulled the strike team out of.

Is it just me or is that chick with Dutch going to be a big problem for him later?

BTW, i hate that there are only 13 episodes per season, this show is the best on right now IMO.
Old 05-01-02, 05:33 PM
My Generosity Is Legendary

I was amused when during the montage, they showed the loved ones of the various characters-Mackey with his wife and kids, Dutch boy with his new "love", Aceveda with his wife, Julien alone... and then there's Shane in front of a mirror.
Old 05-01-02, 05:40 PM
My Generosity Is Legendary

Originally posted by vapoRware

Is it just me or is that chick with Dutch going to be a big problem for him later?
She seemed to be acting oddly when Dutchboy was in the shower, especially the way she picked up the gun.
I'm wondering if she won't be able to deal with loving someone when there's a possibility of him being killed too. (Or there's more to the story of her husband being killed). Then again, it might turn out to be a one night stand and we never see her again.
Old 05-01-02, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I found this to be a very strong episode. They did a great job mixing the humor of the new partnerships with the drama of the various cases, and I was glued to the TV for the entire thing. Very good stuff.

das
Old 05-01-02, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
I found the way she picked up the suit jacket and hung it up more odd than the way she looked at the gun
Old 05-03-02, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by mikehunt
I found the way she picked up the suit jacket and hung it up more odd than the way she looked at the gun
Ditto, whats up with the suit jacket, was it a souvenir (one of many) or was she just thinking of her late husband. I also liked the part when Mackey told the gay cop ( don't know his name) he was there for him.

Side Note; last week Mackey was on the Bill O'Reilly show. Bill said the Shield was only 1 of 3 shows he watches. It was pretty surprising to me. Mackey also was very positive about how FX was handling the show.
Old 05-03-02, 02:45 PM
Banned

THE FACTOR with Bill O'Reilly is just like THE SHEILD they tell it like it is and certain people in the U.S. can't stand when things get done by cutting out the B.S.