TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Tough Enough 4/18

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-02, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tough Enough 4/18

Way to be supportive MOM ... odd. That bf must be SOMETHING special. geezzzzzz

and to send her a two paragraph letter of lyrics....crazyness.

though the show shouldve been an hour long cause it was good.

Spoiler:
Next week is Maven and Nidia. How cool is that?

Last edited by IdgIe49; 04-19-02 at 12:49 PM.
Old 04-19-02, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
First, lay off the preview spoilers please.

This show should have been 60 minutes from day one and still should. I figured they'd get it right this time, but MTV has to make room for all the crap they show the rest of the time.

Jackie's mom is whack. That would piss me off. She says she called her mom because she's her best friend, and that's how she's treated? I don't support what Jackie did and don't have a problem with her boyfriend ditching her over it, but still ... if you can't count on your mother, what else is there?

I hope they start focusing more on the wrestling again instead of all this drama stuff. I watch the show for the real life drama of people achieving their dreams, not silly couple stuff.

das
Old 04-19-02, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

happy now?
Old 04-19-02, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by IdgIe49
happy now?
Very much so. Thank you. You may also want to qualify what the SPOILER tag is for, like:

Next week's episode should be great:
Spoiler:
das Monkey gets mauled to death by wild boars.

das
Old 04-19-02, 03:42 PM
My Generosity Is Legendary

Re: Tough Enough 4/18

Way to be supportive MOM ... odd. That bf must be SOMETHING special. geezzzzzz

That was strange! My girlfriend wondered if maybe Jason's family had money or were powerful, and the mother wanted Jackie to marry into that. (Yeah, she watches daytimes soaps.)
I'm glad they showed how the relationship was effecting their work as opposed to just the boyfriend/Pete/Jackie drama that was in the house.
Old 04-19-02, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: Re: Tough Enough 4/18

Originally posted by Pac-Rat
That was strange! My girlfriend wondered if maybe Jason's family had money or were powerful, and the mother wanted Jackie to marry into that. (Yeah, she watches daytimes soaps.)
I'm glad they showed how the relationship was effecting their work as opposed to just the boyfriend/Pete/Jackie drama that was in the house.
I thought the same thing. She must have a strange situation at home for her mom to think that her best chance at happiness is marrying this guy. Her mom also seemed pretty pissed about the whole wrestling thing in general.

das
Old 04-19-02, 04:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Pete is a snake in the grass, gloating over the havoc he wreaked on her relationship. I enjoyed seeing him totally bummed out when he overheard her saying what a mistake it was.

I'm still undecided as to whom I'm hoping will win. There seems to be a concensus that Jake has the edge, but just because he has a hatchet face and a wacky haircut, that shouldn't mean a thing. It was shown last night that he's kind of stiff in the ring.

Honk!
Old 04-19-02, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

And she only kissed him! I thought they did the "dirty" if you will. I didn't think kissing could count as cheating!
Old 04-19-02, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 511 Likes on 301 Posts
Kissing is cheating, PLUS she lied. She said that they ONLY kissed lips. My god they were almost having sex. Doesn't she realize eventually he will see the show? Why even bother lying there?
I agree that mom seemed psycho, and Pete is a huge dick.
Old 04-19-02, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by das Monkey

Very much so. Thank you. You may also want to qualify what the SPOILER tag is for, like:

Next week's episode should be great:
Spoiler:
das Monkey gets mauled to death by wild boars.

das
okay

Are you ever happy?
Old 04-20-02, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by spainlinx0
Kissing is cheating, PLUS she lied. She said that they ONLY kissed lips. My god they were almost having sex. Doesn't she realize eventually he will see the show? Why even bother lying there?
I agree that mom seemed psycho, and Pete is a huge dick.
While I agree that it's cheating, why be mad at Pete? He's not friends with her boyfriend. If he knew the boyfriend or whatever, he'd be way out of line, but who knows what kind if any relationship they have. The fault all lies in Jackie. She wanted it. She flirted with him on the dance floor, she intentionally set up situations to be alone with him. It's no wonder he responded to that. Sure, a better person would probably have backed off, but really, it's not his responsibility to keep Jackie and Jason's relationship together. If they had anything worth keeping, Jackie should never have even entertained the notion of having clothed sex with with Pete. What I don't like is Jackie blaming it on alcohol. She wanted Pete long before she started drinking. Using alcohol as an excuse to justify doing something you wanted to do but knew was wrong always pissed me off.

das
Old 04-20-02, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Are you ever happy?
Just trying to help you utilize the spoiler tag as per the TV Talk rules.

das
Old 04-20-02, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by das Monkey

Just trying to help you utilize the spoiler tag as per the TV Talk rules.

das
point taken.

but just to be silly, why is it to be such a surprise as to who the superstars are that are appearing next?

like that english? haha
Old 04-20-02, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally posted by spainlinx0
Yeah, they were going at it hot and heavy. Pete was grabbing all over her ass in the hot tub, quite a bit more than the quick kiss on the lips that she told her boyfriend about. I thought they had sex too.

Honk!
Old 04-20-02, 02:23 PM

Originally posted by Charlie Goose
There seems to be a concensus that Jake has the edge, but just because he has a hatchet face and a wacky haircut, that shouldn't mean a thing. It was shown last night that he's kind of stiff in the ring.

Honk!
It seems like they'll go with Hawk this time around. They are placing an importance on personality and Jake just doesn't seem to have any.

It seems like a good idea that they made it so they can pick the best two competitors regardless of sex this season. Last season the female side was kind of limited due to the dropouts but they still had to pick a female winner anyway.
Old 04-22-02, 07:50 AM
DVD Talk Hero

but just to be silly, why is it to be such a surprise as to who the superstars are that are appearing next?

like that english? haha
To most people, it probably doesn't. However with the problems we've had in the past and the long discussions/arguments on the subject, I figure it's better to be safe than sorry. Personally, I don't want to know anything about future episodes. I'm going to watch the show no matter what, so hearing anything about it in advance may or may not ruin something for me. It's difficult to know who cares about which shows and what may end up ruining something for someone, so it's just safe to spoiler tag the previews for those who intentionally avoid watching them ...

... you asked

das