Survivor 4/18/02

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-02, 07:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Survivor 4/18/02

It doesn't look all that good for

Spoiler:
Sean, but the immunity challenge did indicate the pecking order to the non-Rotu 4. Neleh was really pissed about how they chopped up Paschal so fast. Kudos to the producers for making the players show their cards, in order to perhaps get the weak ones to use their numbers to kick out the strong Rotu-4. But it's down to Paschal to decide which way it's going to go.
Old 04-18-02, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And the next person voted off of Survivor is...

Spoiler:
John
Old 04-18-02, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Woo hoo! This will be close....

Spoiler:
John is gone!

YES!!!!
Old 04-18-02, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Patman
Woo hoo! This will be close....

Spoiler:
John is gone!

YES!!!!
I'll say that I agree 100% with this assesment. The last 8 should be interesting.

Edit:
Spoiler:
Is it just me, or was he crying there in the closing video?
Old 04-18-02, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Hahahaha!
Spoiler:
Poor John was about to bust out crying during his "Last word from the loser of the week" segment
Old 04-18-02, 07:59 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
That's what I'm talking about! Game on!

I was beginning to get bored with the show after Rob got the boot last week, but now I think it's going to get interesting.
Old 04-18-02, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts
Was it just me or at the end did it look like
Spoiler:
Zoe
voted for
Spoiler:
John
?
Old 04-18-02, 08:02 PM

Wow...great episode. I thought after Rob got voted off I'd hate the rest of this series, but watching them break down that rock solid alliance was great to see.

I sure as hell wouldn't want to hang out with Sean because he annoys the piss out of me, but he gets a big from me for spear heading tonights maneuver.
Old 04-18-02, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I have renewed hope in Survivor, damn I'm glad that the loser **** is gone. Completely changes the game! And to see him cry......................................PRICELESS!!!!!

Check mate bro- Sean HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Old 04-18-02, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah baby! And there was much rejoicing in the world of Survivor viewers!

The show would've slipped tremendously in ratings if Sean would have been voted out this week showing a pagonging clearer than any other before.

Sean is still the target next week, but he may have impressed Pappy with the honesty speech at the TC. If so... we're in for a totally different F5 than most predicted. I won't post in this thread the spoilers about the winners and the course of the game. Check the survivordeadpool thread if you're curious.
Old 04-18-02, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
Well the Immunity challenge really helped Sean out

I think I'm one of the few, actually maybe the only one whose always liked Sean. I think he's hilarious. He's got charisma and I would love to see him win it all.
Old 04-18-02, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

You have to admit, the turnaround happened because the Robfather instilled so much doubt in the non-Rotu-4, which made them coalesce into a larger voting block as they saw the pecking order emerge from the immunity challenge. The Rotu-4 totally f-ed up themselves with their oneupsmanship tactic in sending Sean and V out first. Thank goodness Neleh was able to get Paschal to see the light before tribal council.
Old 04-18-02, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Timber
Was it just me or at the end did it look like
Spoiler:
Zoe
voted for
Spoiler:
John
?
That's what I thought I saw, too, but I wasn't able to confirm it before it was off the screen. I went to the official website to see, but they won't update until midnight eastern. We'll have to wait and see.

Man, I did not see this coming tonight. During the whole immunity challenge, I was saying to my wife how unfair it was because obviously the alliance would just hack out whoever they wanted. I kept saying that they should have made it where those who got the answer right could not have their rope cut for that round. In fact, I said, "The producers didn't think this one out."

Funny thing is, I now think the producers knew EXACTLY what they were doing. They were setting it up so that the alliance would show how they planned to vote, and I'll be damned if they didn't fall right into the trap. Beautiful. That was some smart maneuvering on the producers' part.

This show just got much more interesting.
Old 04-18-02, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Goat3001
Well the Immunity challenge really helped Sean out

I think I'm one of the few, actually maybe the only one whose always liked Sean. I think he's hilarious. He's got charisma and I would love to see him win it all.
I don't think there's any way in hell Sean could win it all. The jury will never give him the prize because they wouldn't feel he earned it.
Old 04-18-02, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Alright I recorded the show, and just got done watching it.

Great episode, and funny to see how stupid the "alliance 4" did their pecking order at the cutoff, fell right into the producers trap. Did they not realize it didn't matter who had the imunity this week really. They could have kept Neleh/Paschal clueless for one more vote, then it'd be too late!

Glad to see the tides turn!

However the biggest ? mark is Zoe's VOTE!?

I just did a rewind a few times and I'm confirming she voted for:
JOHN!

Makes you wonder? Did she know, from Kathy already? Or did she think they had "plenty" of votes against shawn, to try and set a "plant" into the minds of Shawn and everyone with "who was the Third person that voted me?!?!" type scenario ala Lex last season?

Could get interesting.
Old 04-18-02, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Patman
Thank goodness Neleh was able to get Paschal to see the light before tribal council.
I thought this was the key and, even if she doesn't win, I think she became a true Survivor legend with what she did. Colleen, in S1, saw the writing on the wall but couldn't get the stupid people who were next to go to do something before it was too late. This has happened a few times. People have been too timid to take a chance and Neleh saw her future ahead of her and changed the whole game by also getting Paschal to start playing the damned game. Way to go, Neleh. She really made this a game, aided in large part by the way that John's group tipped their hand in the immunity challenge. This is going to be good and, finally, I have someone to root for. Neleh.
Old 04-18-02, 11:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

There is no doubt that Zoe voted for John. Both from the tape and from the fact that in case of a 5/4 vote, the show will be edited to look as if it was 4/4 and then announce the final vote. They have used this technique in every single case so far.

I don't think Zoe was trying to think ahead as someone suggested. It's just that Kathy told her what was going to happen and she was given a chance to show her loyalties.
Note that Sean knew for sure what the outcome of the vote was check-mate he said when casting the vote against John.

Unfortunately, although she was my favourite of the 9 remaining, Tammy will probably go next unless she wins immunity again. Sean is a target as well while Kathy looks surprisingly safe. Right now the wheel has turned and K/Z/N/P look to go for F4 with N having a serious chance of winning it all. Now, my only question is: if F2 will be N/P, how on earth can you vote one against the other? I mean they will both be just as nice and have just as little (or as much) merit for getting until there.

Neleh is indeed to be applauded for the smart reasoning. Paschal as well, but he seemed much more stubborn before the IC, refusing to see the truth. However, if this episode turns to be the turning point, all of N/P/K and even S/V have to thank Rob for making it possible. Finally, even with Rob's intervention, it is ultimately the alliance of 4 (J/R/T/Z) that were too confident and played as if they were already F4, without realizing the risk they are at if they show their alliance too early. They should have butchered each other in the IC and leave the immunity to Neleh or Pappy. This would have not aroused their suspicions and they would have gotten the "free passes" that John was talking about. Smart move on the producers to let them commit group suicide.
Old 04-19-02, 06:14 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I think Survivor can be fun when the politics of the weak are able to propel the physically unexceptionals into the driver's seat. Does everyone really want to see the alpha males/females just plow over everyone? Survivor is designed so that the socio-politcal element of the game allows physically weaker players to stay in the game if they are smart about their alliances every 3rd day.

This season is doing a great job in providing a subtext to the manueverings within tribe to find out who can outplay/outwit/outlast all of the rest, even if you aren't physically the fastest/strongest.

BTW, anyone see Gina on the E! Howard Stern show last night? She looked pretty nice in a bikini (and allowed Stuttering John to tickle her for a couple of grand. Gina's sister was also a cutie (but young at 19).
Old 04-19-02, 06:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Sweet. What I felt when Jerri (SII) was booted off was what I felt last night. And would have been the feeling if Richard (SI) had been booted out. This show just got much more interesting. Can't wait to hear what Tammy, Zoe and the General have to say next week.

I still hope Sean goes next.
Old 04-19-02, 07:53 AM
Banned

I'd also love to see Sean go next.
Old 04-19-02, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by icondude
I'd also love to see Sean go next.
I doubt he will. Didn't he get V, Kathy, Pascal and Nelia(sp) to join in with him? By those idiots obviously going for those four with a vengance in the challenge.

I SOOOOO Hope Tammy or the General goes next!
Old 04-19-02, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts
The voting still doesn't make sense. I'm assuming it went this way.

Sean
V
Kathy
Neleh
Pascal
That would be 5

John
Tammy
General(why of why is he the general)
Zoe
That would be 4

I though it was a 5-4 vote but if Zoe voted for John then who was the fourth that voted for Sean?
Old 04-19-02, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
So about 40 minutes in I'm watching and saying to myself that this is the lamest episode of Survivor I have ever seen. I see the setup of the immunity challenge and I say this is the most poorly thought-out challenge that they have ever come up with. After-all, it basically is going to be the same thing as a tribal council. Plus even if you get every question right, you can still lose quickly. The larger alliance is going to pick off the smaller alliance. Then I think to myself, I hope that John and his alliance are not stupid enough to ax them in the order that they would vote them off. Noboby could be that stupid. Well folks, we have just found the 4 dumbest people to participate in Survivor. Then they go back to camp and actually gloat about it - like they actually had done something challenging.

Then we get to the vote, and my opinion of the episode came full circle. Best episode ever. Sean's "chicken & waffles" comments had me . He is definitely my favorite character, although I know he has zero chance of winning. I just hope that he is on most of the remaining episodes. Then John's blubbering at the end - priceless. I was laughing even harder at that. DING DONG THE BITCH IS DEAD!

Back to the immunity challenge, next time they do it, they should do it where if you get a question right, nobody can cut your rope in that round (sort of mini-immunity).

Oh and Patman, you're right, Gina looked awesome in that tiny bikini on Howard Stern last night.

Last edited by Red Dog; 04-19-02 at 08:53 AM.
Old 04-19-02, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by Timber
I though it was a 5-4 vote but if Zoe voted for John then who was the fourth that voted for Sean?
It was a 6-3 vote. It was at 5-3 when he stopped and the last vote was for John too.

Now normally I don't say stuff like this but DAMN, doesn't Neleh really need a nose-job???????
Old 04-19-02, 11:03 AM
Suave Member

Originally posted by Red Dog
Oh and Patman, you're right, Gina looked awesome in that tiny bikini on Howard Stern last night.
Pics?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.