Old 08-26-08, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 499 Likes on 294 Posts
That's a big bump.
Old 08-26-08, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by lukerd
I really wanna see the second Dudez-A-Plenti. The music video where they sing Awesome Girl. Does anyone on the entire internet have it anymore?
Hang on, I'll ask them.

Originally Posted by luked
I don't want it just for me, it's for everyone. yay! Let me know.
Wait, you already know everyone? Just send a mass text or something.
Old 08-26-08, 11:37 AM

Received 2,041 Likes on 1,200 Posts
I like the state quarters. In the Year 2000 is superb. Hooray for the Walker: Texas Ranger Lever.

*sigh*

I miss Pimpbot.
Old 08-26-08, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm liking the ones in which Conan goes to a bar and gets verbally abused by the bartender and the other barfly.
Old 08-27-08, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I voted for Actual Items, but I really loved Andy Blitz's "Awful Sports Chanter"...

Last edited by whaaat; 08-27-08 at 01:13 PM.
Old 08-27-08, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by lukerd
I really wanna see the second Dudez-A-Plenti. The music video where they sing Awesome Girl. Does anyone on the entire internet have it anymore? Please? I don't want it just for me, it's for everyone. yay! Let me know.
Bizarre, I was just thinking about this skit this morning and trying to remember the name of the band. That helps.

Neither was a recurring skit, but I loved both the Old Timey Baseball one as well as the one with Former Secretary of Labor Robert Reich ("You've got the right to be my bitch").
Old 08-28-08, 07:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 772 Likes on 630 Posts
I think that was Amy Poehler who played Andys sister.

I like the ones he does where he has made up quotes from famous celebrities next to their photos and he ends with somebody like larry king or dick cheney saying something silly.
Old 08-28-08, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I find it funny that in this very thread, before YouTube, people were posting links to RM and ASF files.
Old 08-28-08, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I like the Desk Rides.
Old 08-28-08, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca
I think that was Amy Poehler who played Andys sister.

I like the ones he does where he has made up quotes from famous celebrities next to their photos and he ends with somebody like larry king or dick cheney saying something silly.
My favorite one of those was in response to the question "Where did you go on your last vacation?"

Dick Cheney "I went down to Georgia, I was looking for some souls to steal, I was in a bind, I was way behind and willing to make a deal... (new screen) I saw a young boy sawing on a fiddle and playing it high, I jumped up on a hickory stump and said 'Boy, let me tell you why.'"

It was just such an awesome combination of random Charlie Daniels and Conan deadpanning through the entire thing.
Old 08-29-08, 03:13 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by the narrator
I like most of what is on the show, but my favorite is definately the secrets skits. I laugh out loud everytime those are on

One of my favourites was when Harrison Ford was on a couple years ago:

"It's not easy being a celebrity. Once this little kid, this cute little kid asked me for an autograph. I gave it to him. He said, 'Thanks Mr. Hanks!' I took it away from him, tore it up, and told him Tom Hanks was dead."

"In the movie Witness, I played a policeman who went undercover and pretended to be Amish. I could never be Amish. For one thing they're never allowed to touch themselves down there."

"One day I called George Lucas up at three o'clock in the morning and I pretended to be Mark Hamill. He said, 'Harrison?' I said 'No, it's me Mark Hamill.' He said, 'Harrison, I know it's you.' I said, 'Well then you know wrong because it's Mark Hamill.' He sighed and said, 'Okay Mark, what do you want?' I really got him."

"In 1982 I played a character in Blade Runner that hunts down and kills bloodthirsty humanoid life forms known as replicants. I want to say we were ahead of our time- it was four years before anybody had ever heard of Jerry Springer."

"People ask me if I'm as nice as I am in the movies. I always say hey, 'what if life is a movie?' While they're thinking about that I yell 'Cut' and then I run away."

"Onscreen R2-D2 was so likable. Offscreen, total asshole."

"A movie star can make one stupid little mistake and his whole career is over. Like doing a lame comedy bit on some stupid TV show. Oh my God- what have I done?"

Last edited by RTisBetter; 08-29-08 at 12:52 PM.
Old 08-29-08, 10:48 AM
Banned

The Walker lever is my favorite.
Other favorites. State quarters, Celebrity Survey, The Interrupter, The racist/sexist lounge singer ghost, and Pierre Bernards "Recliner of Rage"
Old 09-01-08, 03:54 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I voted for In the Year 2000. This is probably my favorite line, ever, from that skit (from when Drew Carey was on right before he took over The Price is Right):

"America will know I'm not their daddy's Price is Right host when I launch the new game 'Two in the Plinko, one in the Stinko'"

Edit: Wow. I just realized this was a bump from a LONG time ago and I quoted someone from a 2002 post. No more posting at 4 in the morning.

Last edited by Numes; 09-01-08 at 11:53 AM.
Old 09-03-08, 01:06 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Joe's Place

and

Noches de Pasion con Senor O'Brien

Last edited by Lara Means; 09-03-08 at 01:11 AM.