Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Watching Ellie 4/9

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-02, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Watching Ellie 4/9

Another great ep. Anytime she does some type of crazy dance I almost fall on the floor laughing heh.

What I did notice was that when it came back from a commercial break, I think about 5 minutes were left the countdown clock was absent. Then it reappeared I think when there was 5 seconds left.
Old 04-09-02, 09:55 PM
Banned

I like this show. NBC just needs to put it in a different timeslot. Maybe a different day as well
Old 04-09-02, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

The clock was absent for the majority of the show (from what i observed), only coming up at the commercial breaks and at the final moments of the show. This is probably the first phase of its complete departure from the show.
Old 04-10-02, 08:14 AM

Yeah, I noticed the lack of the clock about half-way through the episode. Part of me liked not seeing it, and part of me didn't. Oh well.

However, this episode was great! Dr. Zimmerman is hilarious!
Old 04-10-02, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The clock did a "fade in" about 30 seconds before each break in the show. It went from the very light, almost transparent state that it had in the past to a much bolder white that was easy to read. (I think I actually missed the clock a little bit.)

I thought this episode was hilarious. JLD was always fun to watch when she played drunk/out of it on Seinfeld (when she was drunk on schnapps in the "backwards" episode at the wedding in India or on the pain pills for her back while visiting the Seinfelds in Florida - "STELLAAAAAAAAAAA!").
Old 04-10-02, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by rfduncan
I thought this episode was hilarious. JLD was always fun to watch when she played drunk/out of it on Seinfeld (when she was drunk on schnapps in the "backwards" episode at the wedding in India or on the pain pills for her back while visiting the Seinfelds in Florida - "STELLAAAAAAAAAAA!").
That "STELLAAAAAAAAAAAAA!" bit was classic. The episode also did remind me of Seinfeld-esque Elaine. Perhaps this is why Ellie is doing better in the ratings than the other two's attempt at a sitcom? Her character is more like Elaine than the others were like theirs? I dunno, I cannot vividly remember Michael Richards Show.
Old 04-10-02, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Eternia
That "STELLAAAAAAAAAAAAA!" bit was classic. The episode also did remind me of Seinfeld-esque Elaine. Perhaps this is why Ellie is doing better in the ratings than the other two's attempt at a sitcom? Her character is more like Elaine than the others were like theirs? I dunno, I cannot vividly remember Michael Richards Show.
Actually, it's because she's more talented IMO. While the others are funny, she has range. Like I said before the first episode aired, she's the only one in that foursome strong enough to carry a show. The others could do fine as characters, but that's their limit. JLD can take it to the next level.

Anyway, gotta admit to loving this show. Just more proof that people should give every new show a chance. You never know when you'll find something really good hiding amongst the same tired nonsense.

das
Old 04-11-02, 07:58 AM

Also, was this the first episode without Edgar? I think so.

As much as I love Steve Carrell, I think his Edgar character is annoying as crap. I guess that is supposed to be the point, though.