Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Jeremiah - 3/22/02

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-02, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Jeremiah - 3/22/02

On the off chance I'm not the only person on this forum watching this show, I'll start a thread. By the way, it should be noted that it's getting great ratings (3.1+ if I recall, which is great for the crazy timeslot) and not only holds but adds viewers.

Anyway, I really enjoyed this episode. The show still needs a lot of work and has a cheesy quality to it (not unlike early Babylon 5), but it shows a great amount of promise. Priestley was damn_good in this one, and it's a shame his character will not return. I really like the dynamic between Perry and Jamal-Warner. They have great chemistry together.

I'll stop typing for now, since the last Jeremiah thread died a quick death, and there's no sense wasting words here when I could spend them arguing with someone about something trivial in another thread.

das
Old 03-24-02, 08:07 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
das, can you post a quick synopsis of the show, and when and where it airs? Or provide links to that information? It sounds interesting (despite Dylan McCabe & Theo Huxtable ).
Old 03-24-02, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Static Cling
das, can you post a quick synopsis of the show, and when and where it airs? Or provide links to that information? It sounds interesting (despite Dylan McCabe & Theo Huxtable ).
Sure ...

All you really need to know is that the show is the latest creation of J. Michael Straczynski. It takes place in a future where everyone above the age of puberty has been wiped out by "something." 15 years later, the youth of the world, now grown up, have to figure out how to survive and prevent the same thing from happening again. It airs on Showtime on Friday nights at 10:45pm right after Stargate SG-1.

The main page for the show is here:
http://www.sho.com/jeremiah/

And there's some discussion from forum members here:
http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=164036

das
Old 03-24-02, 08:34 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Idiot show.
Old 03-24-02, 08:40 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Aw, heck, it's on Showtime? Guess me and my basic cable will be going without.

And Lurker... a reminder that threadcrapping is frowned upon, even though you've been around here long enough that I don't think a reminder is that necessary. You can have any opinion you want about anything, but two-word posts add nothing to the discussion. Please refrain from it in the future... thanks.

Last edited by Static Cling; 03-24-02 at 08:44 PM.
Old 03-24-02, 08:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by LurkerWilson
Idiot show.
Thanks for the in depth analysis.

das
Old 03-25-02, 06:37 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I really like the show. I think it's got a lot to it and this last episode was fantastic.

Also, das, did you hear about what happened to JMS? As you may know, he's an antheist. Two days after telling god **ck you in the episode before last, he hurt his ankle. I guess he's been getting ribbed on the newgroups about it.
Old 03-25-02, 06:54 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by elektra
Also, das, did you hear about what happened to JMS? As you may know, he's an antheist. Two days after telling god **ck you in the episode before last, he hurt his ankle. I guess he's been getting ribbed on the newgroups about it.
Yeah, I saw his post about it last week. Funny stuff. I thought the superhero episode was a little cheesy, but the "F you, God ... we're putting this world back together, and when we're done, we're coming for you" speech was very powerful.

das
Old 03-25-02, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

At least Luke Perry doesn't look like some baby faced teeney bopper! He's starting to look like a man.

I think he and Malcolm make a good team and I really like their characters. Interesting perspective that the "big death" might have been something that was man made, but no one ever thought would get loose? Or maybe it was even something someone used on someone else and it got a life of it's own. Either way, I like this show.
Old 03-26-02, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

just thought i would point people to a pretty good fansite:
http://abyss.hubbe.net/jeremiah/

-di doctor-
Old 03-26-02, 07:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Thanks!