24 3/19

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-02, 07:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
24 3/19

Another great show!

Spoiler:
What the hell was with that car explosion? That was out of nowhere! I can see the amnesia from the shock of the daughter dying though. My question is who is that 4th guy? One is Alexis Drazen, the other is the guy who killed Ellis, the third is the guy who killed the two agents in the hardhats, and the fourth was the guy who killed the guy from behind? Where the hell was Nina during all of this, and why in the world would Teri park her car on the side of a cliff? She is really moronic sometimes.

Last edited by huzefa; 03-19-02 at 08:56 PM.
Old 03-19-02, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

^
Old 03-19-02, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
like whoa! didn't see that twist coming.

although i would think that Terri would notice the smoke when she came to
Old 03-19-02, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: 24 3/19

Originally posted by huzefa
My question is who is that 4th guy? One is Alexis Drazen, the other is the guy who killed Ellis, the third is the guy who killed the two agents in the hardhats, and the fourth was the guy who killed the guy from behind?
i think the two that were at the safe hosue were the two they showed pics of. the fourth is the guy in New Orleans. we haven't seen his face yet and dont know who he is
Old 03-19-02, 09:00 PM

Anybody but me tired of...

Spoiler:
amnesia as a too convenient plot device?

Other than that, 24 is now my favorite new show of this year, overtaking Alias. I'm burning 24 to VCD to watch again this summer when nothing is on.
Old 03-19-02, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: (formerly known as Inglenook Hampendick) Fairbanks, Alaska!
Received 513 Likes on 353 Posts
The spell is broken.

I was thoroughly disappointed with this episode.
Spoiler:
Nina leaves the wife and daughter? Entire security team wiped out? Fu@king amnesia?
Did the original writing team go on vacation? I will tune in next week with my fingers crossed, hoping that the show returns to its normally high level of quality.
Old 03-19-02, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Colonel Mustard
Anybody but me tired of...

Spoiler:
amnesia as a too convenient plot device?

Spoiler:
I agree with you completely. It's unbelievable and silly.

Still, love the show.
Old 03-19-02, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I actually enjoyed this episode a lot. The Teri plot came out of left field, the hit on palmer plot is thickening and the entire thing about palmers son is heating up. Cant wait till next week.
Old 03-19-02, 09:09 PM
AJW
DVD Talk Special Edition

I didn't think for a second either women were in real danger as I just don't see their characters getting killed off the show.

The bizarre ending doesn't sit well with me. I could see her being disorientated and in shock but amnesia? She didn't see the car on fire or the large pillars of smoke when she woke up?

Kim had her safety belt on yet managed to get out of the car so quickly and only suffered a few scraped knuckles? I guess putting blood and cuts on the eye candy's face is not allowed. While I have nothing against the character, it would have been interesting to have her die in the explosion. Okay I do have something against "Kim" and this whoile Stockholm Syndrome thing with her kidnapper.

Last edited by AJW; 03-21-02 at 02:45 AM.
Old 03-19-02, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I thought this show was pretty solid. Much better than last week.

I'm a huge fan of the show, and I think the problem is that they ended the plot of the women being kidnapped just to please the hardcore fans in case of an early cancelation by FOX. This was a mistake by the producers, and they should have kept that great, intense plot line going. Wasn't it great watching Bauer being mentally and sometimes even physically torn apart, trying to find his wife and daughter, and prevailing, ever so slightly, by the end of each episode?

It looks like the show is headed back down that lane again, and though it may be repetitive, I think it's good. We need Bauer to have a strong driving force to protect, and if his family is involved once again, it could bring back the suspense and emotion of the first twelve episodes.

Just a note:

When the car exploded, my mouth was wide open all throughout the commercial break, and then I realized..."hey, she probably jumped out in time." Although I think that's a bit weak, it's understandable. But, it would throw even more credibility the show's way if one of the many main characters died again that wasn't a mole.
Old 03-19-02, 09:19 PM

I knew it was too much to hope for, but I was ready to declare 24 the greatest show ever if they had killed off the daughter there at the end. Not that I don't think she's great, but it would have made the storyline even more intense and unpredictable.

I too gave a big groan at the use of amnesia...
Old 03-19-02, 09:53 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I dunno I liked the amnesia twist. Isnt it possible to get amnesia through a sudden traumatic shock like seeing your daughter killed (as far as she knows)... or maybe she just bumped her head. I still think it's gonna create some really intense situations in future shows. The only thing that really bugged me was the car blowing up. I mean come on, that's the oldest cliche in the book for TV shows and movies. Cars dont really do that and I wish it hadnt here. Oh well.

Re: why Nina left. They seem to be hinting that there is another mole at CTU. I wouldn't be surprised at ALL if it was Nina.

Brian
Old 03-19-02, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by bdshort
I dunno I liked the amnesia twist. Isnt it possible to get amnesia through a sudden traumatic shock like seeing your daughter killed (as far as she knows)...
I totally agree with you; it's very possible to get short-term amnesia from some serious shock trauma like Teri experienced. Also I think it was weird that Walsh sort of did not want that staffer chick to plant the bug on the assassin.
Old 03-19-02, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I totally agree with you; it's very possible to get short-term amnesia from some serious shock trauma like Teri experienced. Also I think it was weird that Walsh sort of did not want that staffer chick to plant the bug on the assassin.
me too, but i dont htink his name is walsh, walsh is the dead one (i think)
Old 03-19-02, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Venusian
me too, but i dont htink his name is walsh, walsh is the dead one (i think)
Then who the hell was that guy?
Old 03-19-02, 10:29 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Plot hole right at the beginning: Milo takes the time to show Jack the picture of Alexis, and points out that he's Victor Dreyson's son. Yet, this whole show we've been told that nobody knows about this secret mission...so really there is no reason he'd single him out.
Old 03-19-02, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Groucho
Plot hole right at the beginning: Milo takes the time to show Jack the picture of Alexis, and points out that he's Victor Dreyson's son. Yet, this whole show we've been told that nobody knows about this secret mission...so really there is no reason he'd single him out.
I'm sure Alexis knew about Jack killing his father.
Old 03-19-02, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I'm sure Alexis knew about Jack killing his father.
i think he means milo shouldnt have known about that
Old 03-19-02, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Then who the hell was that guy?
he's the guy jack knocked out with a tranqualizer in the first few episodes
Old 03-19-02, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Venusian
i think he means milo shouldnt have known about that
But Milo knew about Ellis and he even gave Ellis his password. Also Milo is the new Nina, doing all the stuff Jack asks him to, so it isn't too out of line for Jack to trust Milo.
Old 03-19-02, 11:15 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

But Milo knew about Ellis and he even gave Ellis his password. Also Milo is the new Nina, doing all the stuff Jack asks him to, so it isn't too out of line for Jack to trust Milo.
But they've said repeatedly on the show again and again that only a handful of people knew about the Belgrade mission: Jack, Palmer, and the dead guy in New Orleans. Not even Nina knows about it. But Milo does?

Like I said, plot hole.
Old 03-19-02, 11:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
A little too "Melrose Place" for my taste. Still this is my favorite show.
Old 03-19-02, 11:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

But they've said repeatedly on the show again and again that only a handful of people knew about the Belgrade mission: Jack, Palmer, and the dead guy in New Orleans. Not even Nina knows about it. But Milo does?

Like I said, plot hole.
But remember, Milo never said anything about a mission. He just said that he was Victor Drazen's son. Also Milo was working on a Serbian angle a couple of episodes ago, so he could have seen Alexis Drazen's name there and just recognized him from there.
Old 03-20-02, 12:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Like I said, plot hole.
I thought Jack clued Milo in a few episodes ago when they asked for his login and pass. Or he at least had Milo looking into some of the stuff.

I wasn't surprised at all with what happened to Terri. After all, she's been experiencing weird pains all day. Add to that the stress she's under, she's being hunted to kill, obsessing about the Jack/Nina thing, and then the horror of thinking her daughter just died as a result of something she did. There's no telling what all that could do to a person after they've taken a good blow to the head.

My jaw also dropped when the car went over with no sign of Kim. I've been secretly hoping that Terri would be knocked off because she is so irritating sometimes. I wanted to smack her when she was going off on Nina just after she'd told her that she was going to try to be civil. I wouldn't have reacted as well as Nina did. I believe that's why she left the safe house, by the way. She wasn't getting anywhere with Terri and she knew she wasn't wanted there. She believed they were safe with the guards there.
Old 03-20-02, 02:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

So let's recap, so we make sure everyone sees the same show:

The young shooter who has an affair with the chick in Palmer's staff is Drazen's son.
Milo surely knew about Drazen since Jack needed the info about him. Furthermore Milo is _entirely_ updated on the Bosnian mission since last ep. when he was brought in to work with Ellis, Palmer and Jack.

Nina left the safehouse after her failed attempts to a civil debriefing, being sure that Terry and Kim were safe. She reached CTU and told this to Jack.

Now about the abundance of twists at the end:

The writers missed the chance of making the best show ever by letting Kim die. The death would have been totally stupid (although I can see how Terri didn't pay attention to the place where she stopped the car). but it would not only kill a main character, but also the only eyecandy of the show

It's possible that Kim got out of the car and it's plausible that a shock happened to Terri. They also probably want to separate the two to increase the drama. However, there were better options...

Oh well... still remains the best show on TV. Can't wait for it to be over and have a 24hr marathon :-)

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.