Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Is the "Hulkster" back? (spoiler)

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-02, 11:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is the "Hulkster" back? (spoiler)

Anybody that watched WM18 last night probably saw the way the Rock and Hogan match ended and how the NWO attacked Hogan. After the match was over, Hogan and Rock did the old school "Hulkster" poses.... I can see this being a big old NWO plot, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Hulk at Raw tonight come out to his old music and be wearing his old gear....
Old 03-18-02, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm not sure he'll be on at all since he reinjured his ribs more than likely.
Old 03-18-02, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: The Quad-city area of Melonville, Meckling, the Boro of Melon, and Party Town
Unless he's in a coma, they HAVE to have him on tonight. The post-PPV (especially post-WM) Raws have to be the biggest Raws so they can carry any momentum from the PPV that will translate into ratings. And with the numbers that the WWF has been producing on free TV as of late, they need all the help they can get......
Old 03-18-02, 12:45 PM
AJW
DVD Talk Special Edition

Isn't The Rock just a swell guy. Hollywood Hogan nearly kills him by repeatedly ramming the truck into his ambulance, yet The Rock's forgiven him to the point where he insists he does his Hulkster poses
Old 03-18-02, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Normally I detest swerves, but I'm praying the NWO reunites tonight and has a good laugh at Rock's expense. Anything but a return to the flaccid days of Hulkamania.

Honk!
Old 03-18-02, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by AgtFox
I'm not sure he'll be on at all since he reinjured his ribs more than likely.
You don't really think he injured his ribs do you?
Old 03-18-02, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 265 Likes on 168 Posts
Originally posted by Charlie Goose
Normally I detest swerves, but I'm praying the NWO reunites tonight and has a good laugh at Rock's expense. Anything but a return to the flaccid days of Hulkamania.
I'm praying HHH (hollywood hulk hogan, that is) stays out and HBK and XPac join NWO... the Kliq reunion
Old 03-18-02, 05:05 PM

I hear Triple H wants to make a heel turn, itd be great for him to take over the NWO
Old 03-18-02, 05:22 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Old school hulk would be awesome. This NWO stuff is played. I mean they could revamp the NWO with new WWF badguys, maybe giving some of the smaller guys a name. But i really want to see hogan as a good guy again.
Old 03-18-02, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally posted by Bcolon

You don't really think he injured his ribs do you?
Hogan injured his ribs in a match a week or so ago, he may very well have aggravated the injury last night.

Honk!
Old 03-18-02, 06:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
He injured his ribs pretty badly at a house show. I would expect him to take some time off and that may have been the reason for putting him out of the NWO. I was glad the Rock match was a clean finish and surprised they did not have Steph doublecross Jericho. Maybe they decided to wait on that one. I can't see HHH staying a face for very long. The WWF is very short on good heels right now. The NWO are a joke (two of them still couldn't beat Austin) and other than Angle there really isn't any serious contender for the big three.

However, all three of the main events had the expected winners HHH, Rock, and Austin. It was a pretty poor Wrestlemania, but I haven't been too thrilled with the WWF for some time.

It will be interesting to see how the roster split goes. Maybe some of the Cruiserweights can final get some air time.
Old 03-18-02, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well I guess Hogan is okay. The question will be whether its a set up for the Rock or whether Hogan will really stay good.
Old 03-18-02, 08:24 PM

Well, the first ten minutes played out as expected. I'll bet he comes out for the horgan/rock v nash/hall match wearing yellow spandex... That'll be fun.
Old 03-18-02, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just think Hogan looked like a really cheesy actor last night holding his ribs. I in no way believed he was actually hurt. At one point he was holding his ribs, then he did his Hulkster thing, and when he was done it was like he realized his ribs were supposed to be hurting and he quick started holding them again. The only thing that was missing last night was "I am a real American". Hopefully he'll come out to it tonight.
Old 03-18-02, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Anyone want to guess at the roster split?

I think Vince will for sure take Rock and Flair Austin. Just wondering how the rest will pan out.
Old 03-18-02, 10:11 PM

Well that was disappointing.

No yellow spandex... no "american" ... And a sucky match too.

What was this draft they were talking about, i missed LInda Mcmahon's speech. .... Although from what i gathered it's going to be a Flair vs Mcmahon ... Good v Evil sort of match up.

Man, with that shaping up, and the return of the Hulk, it feels like the 1980's all over again.
Old 03-19-02, 12:33 AM
AJW
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by ClarkKentKY

What was this draft they were talking about, i missed LInda Mcmahon's speech. .... Although from what i gathered it's going to be a Flair vs Mcmahon ... Good v Evil sort of match up.
To end the fueding between the co-owners, the WWF Board has given Flair the Monday Raw Show to run alone and Vince gets the Thursday Smackdown Show.

The draft takes place next Monday when both get to choose who wrestles exclusively on their show. Only the Men's & Woman's Champion can appear on both shows. Vince won the coin toss so he gets first pick.

After that, Vince "supposedly" won't be appearing on Raw anymore and Flair won't be on Smackdown.
Old 03-19-02, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
And this program will last for about 4 weeks before they give up on it and bury the angle, at least that's what recent WWF history would suggest.

Can someone please tell me HHH said that if Steph gets pinned she can no longer appear on television? I get the sinking feeling that he said she can no longer appear on WWF television, which might mean that Flair gets saddled with her "talent".