The Amazing Race 2 - 3/13/02

Old 03-13-02, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The Amazing Race 2 - 3/13/02

Episode 2 - 3/13/02

Man, this race is totally unpredictable! And I can't believe that:

The Grannies are still in the race!

It was funny to watch Blake and Paige begging for bus fare.

Gary and his buddy are still funny, especially when their bus's tire suffered a blowout.

The Miami pair have a new nickname: ChaChaCha.

Last edited by Patman; 03-14-02 at 10:52 AM.
Old 03-13-02, 11:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Spoiler:
After tonight's episode's, I can't help but root for the Gutsy Grandmas. I don't believe they can win, but it's amusing to see them go about the race. I loved their reaction when they think they've lost, and when they heard that they were in eighth place, the reaction was priceless.
Old 03-14-02, 12:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ain't too proud to beg

Overall, it was very enjoyable episode tonight. The hang glider flight was way cool, the boat ride was pretty neat and the view of that waterfall was fantabulous, but I couldn't believe all the rotten luck some of these teams had to endure: from losing the wallet to nealy losing a foot so to speak.

But it was good to see the Dweeb Team still alive and kicking after tonights go around. Those two crack me up and I hope they stick around for a good while longer. Although, I have to admit i was thinking that they might be in trouble after their futile attempt to score those 10 points in order to secure the fast foward.

After that I was thinking the grannies were going to be out of the race after one of them almost backed out of the hang glider, but she summoned up enough courage to pull it off.

But after seeing the brother-sister duo lose their wallet I was thinking that they were goners, but good thinking on their part to beg for the money. I was thinking that they would have to sell off some of their stuff in order to get the money.

The show kept me guessing right up untill the end on who was going to be the next to go and that's why I am looking foward to next week's episode for anything can happen.
Old 03-14-02, 02:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I love this show. It looks like it is just a matter of time for the grannies. It does seem like they are packing more into the episodes. That show tonight was just non stop.
Old 03-14-02, 03:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

great great show

the results were completely unpredictable. a lot of the racers showed a lot of hearts and guts. after team woody allen gave up on the metal detector and had to go back to the hang glider, i was thinking that they would be the last in the race for sure. and i have to give it up to team granny. they just always seem to find a way to make it even though they may think that they're last.

i hope that the twins' injuries don't take them out of the race.

are we seeing a little romance spark between tara and that other guy (who's not will)?

best line:
woody allen to one of the twins: so what's your experience with volleyball?

twin: eh . .

woody allen: i've watched baywatch
Old 03-14-02, 06:50 AM
DVD Talk Hero

When the granny with the bad wheels decided early on that she couldn't run fast enough for the hang-glider ordeal, there was a quick cut where you saw the other granny look into the camera and she mouth the word "F$#%!" I thought that was funny.
Old 03-14-02, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

ugh the previews for next week made me mad. I want both those two teams, the brother and sister and the grannies to make it far,
Spoiler:
but from the looks of next week... UGH! Makes me mad!!!
Old 03-14-02, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Hero

After spending "2 hours" with these teams, the only ones I want to see get the boot would be:

Cha Cha Cha (too damn smug)
Will and Tara (Will's a moron)
and maybe Blake and Paige (that whole incestuous vibe I get from them is too disturbing for me to watch).
Old 03-14-02, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I hope that sombody kicks Wills ass and soon!
Old 03-14-02, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Is this show always on Wednesdays at the same time as The West Wing? If so I think I'm going to start taping it. I've seen the season finale of last years show, and last nights, and both were a lot of fun to watch. Just wish it wasn't on at the same time as one of my favorite shows

Brian
Old 03-14-02, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Yes, the normal time slot for TAR2 is Wednesdays at 9 p.m. EST on CBS.
Old 03-15-02, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,011 Likes on 616 Posts
I have to admit that I am also liking this show. I did not watch the first edition since I felt I had enough reality tv programming in my life. I caught the first episode by accident & since the 2nd episode was after Survivor, I watch it as well. Now I am hooked.

A great show & it can be very surprising & unpredictable. I think a Survivor/Amazing Race double bill is a good idea myself.
Old 03-15-02, 11:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Finally got to watch both episodes.

As in AR1 the fisrt team to be eliminated was one with a very good team attitude. Here even the 2nd one was the same. This is definitely good for tv as you don't feel really sorry for them since they are happy pairs in real life.

So far I clearly hate Will, and I like the lifelong friends (they are sort of like the lawyers who were my favourites in AR1) and the twins. The twins however made a big mistake going for the FF so early and not really getting a huge advantage out of it.
I also like the brother and sister going by the compass:
"Am I on a one way street?" (in the wrong direction)
"Yes you are"
Old 03-16-02, 01:31 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 106 Likes on 95 Posts
just saw the 2nd episode, damn this is great stuff, I was so p'd off when I saw that the one on Wed was not a repeat GRRRR!!!!

But luckily it was on upn tonight.. I cancelled the previous recording on my tivo..

but damn I love this show, will is an arse....

the dweebs gotta go, I like the boston guys.

I need to remember never to take a bus in Brazil. 2 out of 4 broke down...

very entertaining stuff.

I had seen the last 4 eps or so of AR1 and really liked it.
Old 03-16-02, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I don't know if anyone remembers this, but Blake from the brother and sister team suggested that they get a metal detector that night and go to the beach and look for the next clue ahead of time and then come back the next morning and use one of the regualr metal detectors to just go and get the clue ahead of everybody else. If they had actually done that, they would have been docked time and probably have been eliminated from the game.
Old 03-16-02, 02:51 PM

no they wouldn't, they were going to get there own metal detector, not the one that they gave them, it said nothing about using other ones before that certain time. Only thing it said was they could not use theres until 8:00.
Old 03-16-02, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

With this show, you can't pull the "it doesn't actually say we can't do that" stuff. Some teams tried that last season and they weren't eliminated directly because of what they did, but they were docked time and what the brother was considering was a blatant form of cheating.