Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

ed 3/6

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-02, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ed 3/6

well i was a bit late but i am surprised that static cling hasn't beat me to this thread. anyway, overall this was a pretty good episode i thought. it's a shame that carol doesn't know how much ed did for her in regards to the whole thing with principal jackass (copyright static cling). he really needs to go. i would hope that by the end of the year that he would be gone. it was good to see that ed helped the other lawyer with the case and helping him build some confidance instead of just being able to take it over. all in all a good episode. oh yeah, do nice guys really finish last?
Old 03-07-02, 12:36 PM
dek
DVD Talk Legend

Location: On the road to reclaiming Lord Stanleys Cup, Turlock CA
The 10$ bet was back, but way lame.

YABBA DABBA DOO!
Old 03-07-02, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: ed 3/6

Originally posted by kevin75
well i was a bit late but i am surprised that static cling hasn't beat me to this thread. anyway, overall this was a pretty good episode i thought. it's a shame that carol doesn't know how much ed did for her in regards to the whole thing with principal jackass (copyright static cling). he really needs to go. i would hope that by the end of the year that he would be gone. it was good to see that ed helped the other lawyer with the case and helping him build some confidance instead of just being able to take it over. all in all a good episode. oh yeah, do nice guys really finish last?
I saw the first half before tuning out for a hockey game. Can anyone tell me how the lawsuit against the trucking company turned out? Also, how did the short story/guest speaker/principal jackass (tm) storyline turn out?
Old 03-07-02, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Damn power went out, so my VCR didn't record Ed last night. Recap, anyone,? Please!
Old 03-07-02, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally posted by Patman
Damn power went out, so my VCR didn't record Ed last night. Recap, anyone,? Please!
Spoiler:
Ed noticed a marked increase of truck traffic through Stuckeyville and found out that a large trucking company discovered that a detour through town would save them on tolls. Ed spoke to a councilwoman who told him the mayor enlisted his lawyer godson to fight the trucking company. Ed recognized the name as someone he went to school with and remembered that the guy was a real pushover. Ed sat in on the meetings between the lawyer and the trucking company's lawyer, and watched his friend get totally pushed around. Ed tried to have him removed from the case but the mayor vetoed it. Ed coached him and together they gave an ultimatum to the trucking company: stop the detour or go to court. It looked for a while like the trucking company would call their bluff, but in the end they folded and the lawyer was a hero. By the way, Phil tried to cash in on the influx of truckers by selling edible air-fresheners and creating a roadside chapel in Ed's office.
Elsewhere, Carol wanted Principal Douchebag to read her short story and, typically, he hated it. She was discouraged for a time, but after a few words from Ed and a qualifying explanation from the Douche, she didn't let it get her down and gave her story to a famous visiting author.
Molly's married ex-bf continued to call her to apolgize, but she didn't take any of his calls. He finally confronted her face-to-face and told her that he loved her, but she walked away.
No Cheswick or his morbidly obese friend.

No preview of next week.

Honk!

Last edited by Charlie Goose; 03-07-02 at 01:42 PM.
Old 03-07-02, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,241 Likes on 2,088 Posts
I must be the only one who doesn't want Ed and Carol to get together so soon. Sure, I want it to happen eventually (say the final season), but if they get together too fast it'll ruin the chemestry of the show (remember Moonlighting?)

This episode was pretty good, Principal Jackass still isn't the best guy in the world but it looks like he's trying to make things work with Carol.

So far Molly has been able to hold her ground against Jim's apologies, Although I get the feeling she'll cave eventually.

Man, all this typing has made me hungary for an edible pine tree air freshener.
Old 03-07-02, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

BTW, Molly deserves a better guy, IMHO.
Old 03-07-02, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by minifigg
BTW, Molly deserves a better guy, IMHO.
Not until she stops whining about how nobody likes her.
Old 03-07-02, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Thanks, Charlie!
Old 03-07-02, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Thanks, Charlie!
No problemo, Bosco.

Honk!
Old 03-07-02, 05:18 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
No, PJ is not at all my trademark... I got it from the forums on www.televisionwithoutpity.com (formerly Mighty Big TV).
Old 03-07-02, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Static Cling
No, PJ is not at all my trademark... I got it from the forums on www.televisionwithoutpity.com (formerly Mighty Big TV).
I think Carol and Molly referred to Dennis as Principal Jackass when he first appeared.

Honk!
Old 03-07-02, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Static Cling
my bad, i just figured that you came up with it.
Old 03-07-02, 08:17 PM

Received 107 Likes on 89 Posts
Good episode. I liked the ending about how nice guys finish last.
Old 03-08-02, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Good show, good ending. But no Warren Cheswick!

I just don't think Carol and the Principal have any chemistry. I don't think she should get right together with Ed--the chase is always more fun--but the Principal isn't the answer either...

I don't know where they're going with this thing with Molly. It bothered me last week that they seemed to justify Jim's infidelity by saying he really didn't love his wife, though he "didn't know until he met Molly." Whatever. I hope he never comes back.
Old 03-08-02, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Anytime I see the cliched "married man chasing a single woman, and finds 'true love' with the single woman" drama played out, I alway ask, why don't they just cut the old wife loose and then engage in serial monogamy.
Old 03-08-02, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Anytime I see the cliched "married man chasing a single woman, and finds 'true love' with the single woman" drama played out, I alway ask, why don't they just cut the old wife loose and then engage in serial monogamy.
Because life isn't as simple as that, there is no black & white.

Honk!