Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

24 - 3/5

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-02, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
24 - 3/5

If you were afraid (like I was) that the show is slowing down, don't worry! Look forward to tomorrow's episode and READ THE FOLLOWING ONLY AFTER WATCHING THE EPISODE!

Spoiler:

Plan B for the assassins is already under development and it's much better developed than it looked from the previous ep. The old bad guys are completely out of the way, but the new ones could be even more dangerous as they seem infiltrated in both FBI and Palmer's entourage.

Jack faces the possibility of being sent to the DoJ as the result of the plotting new lady (I forget her name). However, the one who might just save him is Tony which is excellent in supporting Jack.

When Palmer is finally ordered to leave the state, he discovers what his connection with Bauer was. Apparently Jack was the only survivor of a mission in Kossovo, and he might have reasons to blame Palmer for this.

Surprise ending: Palmer shows up at CTU and wants to
confront Bauer!

I hate these endings!! ;-)
Old 03-05-02, 12:27 AM
wiz
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

How the hell do you see the episode before it ever airs! Do you have a Tivo that records shows from the future or something?
Old 03-05-02, 02:32 AM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by wiz
How the hell do you see the episode before it ever airs! Do you have a Tivo that records shows from the future or something?
It's like that TV show, where that guy gets the paper a month seven days before an event happens. Um... I think it was called "Seven Days."

And MAN, I want to read that spoiler text! Aaaaaaargh!
Old 03-05-02, 03:32 AM
wiz

Originally posted by Static Cling
It's like that TV show, where that guy gets the paper a month seven days before an event happens. Um... I think it was called "Seven Days."

And MAN, I want to read that spoiler text! Aaaaaaargh!
Yah, I remember that show. I also want to read the spoiler text, but I will refrain until tomorrow night....
Old 03-05-02, 07:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: (formerly known as Inglenook Hampendick) Fairbanks, Alaska!
Received 513 Likes on 353 Posts
Actually, I think the show with the newspaper from the future was called "Early Edition". "Seven Days" was a UPN actioner with a government sponsored time machine thingie, IIRC.

I will not read the spoiler. I will not read the spoiler. I will not read the spoiler. I will not read the spoiler. I will not read the spoiler. I will not read the spoiler. I will not read the spoiler. I will not read the spoiler. I will not read the spoiler. I will not read the spoiler. I will not read the spoiler. I will not read the spoiler. I will not read the spoiler. I will not read the spoiler. I will not read the spoiler. I will not read the spoiler. I will not read the spoiler.
Old 03-05-02, 07:44 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well... I guess I just like showing off, although I have no real merit in seeing the episode early. As a punishment next week I probably won't be able to watch 24 until Thursday morning, as I'll be out of town...
Old 03-05-02, 08:59 PM

OK, a question about today's episode (I was paying the delivery guy and missed a couple sentences of dialogue):

Spoiler:
What did Alberta Green say to Tony before he went to see Chapelle? Did she tell him not to rat on Jack (which is what I thought I heard, but doesn't make sense)?
Old 03-05-02, 09:03 PM

Originally posted by milksheikh
OK, a question about today's episode (I was paying the delivery guy and missed a couple sentences of dialogue):

Spoiler:
What did Alberta Green say to Tony before he went to see Chapelle? Did she tell him not to rat on Jack (which is what I thought I heard, but doesn't make sense)?
No, she basically said
Spoiler:
if he wanted to move up in his career, now was his chance. He just had to tell the "truth" about what Jack did (ie TO rat on Jack).
Old 03-05-02, 09:09 PM
AJW
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by milksheikh

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
She suggested to Tony to say "the triuth". That even though Jack's family was in danger, there were ways Jack could have dealt with it without compromising the integrity of CTU. That if Jack had confided in him earlier, he (Tony) wouldn't have had to call George Mason to lock things down.

Last edited by AJW; 03-05-02 at 09:20 PM.
Old 03-05-02, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

An ok episode but as soon as Jack looked at the ambulance funny the episode became very predictable, except myabe Tony in the end.
Old 03-05-02, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Spicollidriver1
An ok episode but as soon as Jack looked at the ambulance funny the episode became very predictable, except myabe Tony in the end.
I think you're the only one who would call this episode just 'ok'. There were a lot of things cleared up here, sorting out the loose ends from the last few episodes. Now we can get to the real assassination plot. I thought it was a great episode and I love watching this show!
Old 03-06-02, 12:35 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I like that Palmer is taking control as much he can his situation. He is going to try to win the primary and do what he can when he reaches office rather than fight now. His son is pissing me off, I think he's going to spill the beans to someone soon.
Old 03-06-02, 12:38 AM
Admin Emeritus

Is anyone else sad about NotAlanYork's (Kevin Carrol's) death? I sure am. And I'm at a loss to explain why. Do you know why? I think maybe because he just did not quit, despite the beatings at Teri's, Kiefer's, and Gaines' hands. He also had plenty the cynical/funny remark, even to people who were screwing him up at the time.
Old 03-06-02, 07:38 AM

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts
Is anyone else sad about NotAlanYork's (Kevin Carrol's) death? I sure am. And I'm at a loss to explain why. Do you know why? I think maybe because he just did not quit, despite the beatings at Teri's, Kiefer's, and Gaines' hands. He also had plenty the cynical/funny remark, even to people who were screwing him up at the time.
I don't know that 'sad' is the word, but I did think he would be the continuity from the old bad guys to the new bad guys. I was surprised he was taken out, especially after he escaped last week.
Old 03-06-02, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The spy-vs-spy tension of this episode got racheted up as Nina's "spydey-sense" was sent tingling when she was in the hospital. Those are actually the more entertaining bit of the show because a turn down the wrong hallway could be their last.

Tony did show a bit of backbone last night. Good for him.

Can't believe they snuffed out the Sentinel!
Old 03-06-02, 09:16 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by J-Dubya
I like that Palmer is taking control as much he can his situation. He is going to try to win the primary and do what he can when he reaches office rather than fight now. His son is pissing me off, I think he's going to spill the beans to someone soon.
So you want someone's puppet to get into office after they've killed off anyone who stands in the way? His son seems to be the only person in the family with any shred of morals. He should turn the other way when someone who helped him get his life on track is murdered? That's cold. I want to see who the other candidates are. If this guy's the best choice, his opponents must be David Duke and Al Gore or something.
Old 03-06-02, 09:27 AM

Is anyone else sad about NotAlanYork's (Kevin Carrol's) death? I sure am. And I'm at a loss to explain why.
He was my favorite baddie. He had a great look-- tough, sinister, creepy. I think they also did a great job of making him seem like a "real" person, not just some cartoonish villain.
Old 03-06-02, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's about time we get around to some scenes with Kiefer Sutherland and Dennis Haysbert.

I've waiting 14 hours or so and I'm ready for that as well as the "mystery guest" which I guess is still gonna happen.

Although I don't think it's necessary because they're not gonna pull in extra viewers at this late hour of the show's run.

It actually just reeks of last-minute publicity stunt but I'd still be ok with it.

Also, am I the only one that finds Nina really attractive?
Old 03-06-02, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Frank TJ Mackey

Obviously so does Jack.

It's actually interesting seeing Nina & Teri in scenes together They somewhat look alike, but Teri looks more wholesome housewife ish while Nina has that "other woman" sexiness about her.
Old 03-06-02, 12:22 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by Frank TJ Mackey

No, you're not the only one.
Old 03-06-02, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

For those of you that hate that b!tch Alberta Green:

Spoiler:
In an interview (I think it was NPR), the actress who plays Alberta Green stated that she was only hired for a 5-6 episode run. So in a week or two she may be gone for good!

Old 03-06-02, 01:28 PM
Banned

Are you serious? Have you forgotten that in episode 3 or 4 that he held his hand over a 15 year old girls mouth until she died? Look, I applaud anyone who works hard at his job, but not when his job is killing kids. I am only sad that the guy didn't whip it out and piss on Alan York after he shot him.

Or maybe you were joking?
Old 03-06-02, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by AndyCapps

So you want someone's puppet to get into office after they've killed off anyone who stands in the way? His son seems to be the only person in the family with any shred of morals. He should turn the other way when someone who helped him get his life on track is murdered? That's cold. I want to see who the other candidates are. If this guy's the best choice, his opponents must be David Duke and Al Gore or something.
You're taking this election very serioulsy aren't you?

How can you defend this kid? He killed a guy (with his own hands) and then allowed people to cover it up.

Spoiler:
The kid's reaction to the Dr. getting killed made me wonder if maybe he was having an affair with him or something. Maybe the kid broke it off and the Dr. decided to go public with what he knew about it.

Regardless, there was a story in yesterday's Houston Chronicle that said

Spoiler:
Lou Diamonds Phillips will appear on two episodes of 24 playing federal worker Mark DeSalvo. The first two episodes featuring Phillips will also mark the debut of Dennis Hopper who plays the criminal mastermind.
Old 03-06-02, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by J-Dubya
See now this is where poor dialogue abounds - Kieth is bitching that he is going to the police because his "friend" the doctor was murdered and that is the right thing to do (NOW all of a sudden he is so righteous - where was this righteousness when he murdered his sister's rapist?). All Sherry can say is "You will not! I know what's good for you!" Some kind of reasoning THAT is to keep Keith from going to the cops.

Why are they protecting him from the fact that he can be framed for the doctor's death if the police begin a murder investigation? Tell him THAT, and I bet he'd shut up quick. Instead they will continue to hide this information from Keith, and he will make some foolhardly attempt to get to the police to report what he suspects about the doctor's death....

This is what so far has been the only thing that has annoyed me about this show! THESE STORYLINES SUCK! The writing is usually bad, and the circumstances are so phony. Everytime someone from the Palmer family appears on the screen I have to stifle a huge yawn! These plotlines are obviously there more as an excuse to have the Jack Bauer/CTU storylines (Sutherland IS the star of the show more than Dennis Haysbert). I don't know where they're going with the Palmer/Bauer connection but hopefully it'll rescue at least ONE of the Palmers from the yawn-fest stories they've been stuck with so far.

Killing Kevin Carroll was a great move - as much tension as the character could cause lurking in the background to pop-up later, it is good to know that NO ONE (not even "The Sentinel") is garaunteed to be around for all 24 hours!

I will admit that the scene with the woman from Palmer's staff meeting up to have a "daliance" with the current assassin was really from out in left field. Have we seen this woman with Palmer before? What is her job with the campaign?

It was also very cool to see Paul Schulze (Father Intintola from The Sopranos) show up in this epsiode! Pretty good episode overall - especially considering that Jack was confined to a single room for most of it. They have resumed using the "where people are" multi-view cuts again more than they have recently - which I LOVE! Let it roll, baby!
Old 03-06-02, 03:33 PM

Ok, I didn't watch next week's preview but I have a good guess as to what happens next. Jack does not stay at CTU for the rest of the show, we all know that. Who has the power to free him? Palmer. I'd bet money when Palmer leaves CTU, Jack will be right along side him. At the very least Palmer will be instrumental in getting Jack back on the street, and I bet he has a "scene" with Alberta when she objects.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.