Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

ABC's Cinderella Broadcast

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-02, 07:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ABC's Cinderella Broadcast

Am I being cynical, or was this broadcast nothing more than a two hour commercial to lure soccer moms into buying that direct-to-video Cinderella 2?
Old 03-03-02, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Doesn't Disney usually air a Disney movie during the "Wonderful World of Disney"? I think it would be stupid of them not to air Cinderella now since the new movie is out on DVD. Cinderella is one of Disney's best and airing it because Cindy II comes out does not degrade it to a two hour commercial.
Old 03-03-02, 10:49 PM

Well, had the original Cinderella been produced after part 2, and not over a half a century ago, and included not so subtle subliminal maeesages prompting you to "go out and buy Cinderella twoooooo", then yes i would agree that it was nothing more than a cheap marketing ploy.
Old 03-04-02, 02:40 PM

I guess I'm referring to the bit about 90 minutes into the broadcast where the lady who had been talking about Cinderella II to the roomfull of children asks if they have any further questions about Cinderella II. A little girl raised her hand and asked "How does it end?" The lady/teacher/pitchperson responds, "Well if you want to find out, you'll all have to go out and get a copy!" I'm just glad my son didn't see that.
Old 03-04-02, 06:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally posted by superspeck
I guess I'm referring to the bit about 90 minutes into the broadcast where the lady who had been talking about Cinderella II to the roomfull of children asks if they have any further questions about Cinderella II. A little girl raised her hand and asked "How does it end?" The lady/teacher/pitchperson responds, "Well if you want to find out, you'll all have to go out and get a copy!" I'm just glad my son didn't see that.
Disney's trying to sell loads of copies of its newly released product in hopes to make profits for its stockholders....and its doing it on the TV network they own in some sort of "synergy"!!!

Damn them!
Old 03-04-02, 08:33 PM

Originally posted by clemente

Disney's trying to sell loads of copies of its newly released product in hopes to make profits for its stockholders....and its doing it on the TV network they own in some sort of "synergy"!!!

Damn them!
Good Sarcasm! I guess their blatant pitch towards children is lost on most. I didn't mind the commercials pitching Cinderella II, but the whole "pre-school infomercial" really bothered me. It basically had a "teacher" in a pre-school setting telling kids to go get a copy. I've never seen this before from Disney. I guess I always thought they had more class. Y'all have proven me wrong.
Old 03-04-02, 09:44 PM
Banned

Word! I missed this broadcast because I was at my local Hollywood Video checking out their pathetic selection of used DVD's. This sounds pretty low for Di$ney, lowering themselves to pre-school level just to sell a movie. I wonder what Walt Disney would do if he was in charge today?Just reading about this makes me want to !

Last edited by Aaron Amos; 03-04-02 at 09:47 PM.
Old 03-04-02, 09:49 PM
Banned

Good Sarcasm! I guess their blatant pitch towards children is lost on most. I didn't mind the commercials pitching Cinderella II, but the whole "pre-school infomercial" really bothered me. It basically had a "teacher" in a pre-school setting telling kids to go get a copy. I've never seen this before from Disney. I guess I always thought they had more class. Y'all have proven me wrong.
Word! Well said!
Old 03-04-02, 11:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This thread just makes me want to go over to the Disney Store and purchase the damn DVD right now. Seriously.
Old 03-05-02, 01:50 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

i m just waiting for abc to air either sleep beauty with Kristin Kreuk on 3-17-02.