TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Angel 2/25

Old 02-25-02, 08:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angel 2/25

Ok, this episode looks pretty good so far. Can't wait to see what Holtz and Sahjhan have planned for Angel and Co.

Oh, and that Loa - it was so ridiculous it almost worked - I think I have never laughed so hard at anything in the Buffyverse
Old 02-25-02, 09:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Okay, let me make sure of something.

Spoiler:
There was a giant evil Gozer-like talking hamburger, right?

I just want to make sure I don't need some sort of medication though.

Anyway, it was a good episode, and it seems that after a few weeks of filler, things are really starting to kick into gear.
Old 02-25-02, 09:06 PM
Jad

I like the direction they're taking Wesley... a little darker, with a little more backbone.

I missed part of the conversation that the time shifter was having with the lawyer... Has his grievance with Angel been revealed here (or perhaps previously?)? Or, is it something that has yet to happen (as he can, you know, time shift)?
Old 02-25-02, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Another nail in the Buffy coffin, Angel is shaping up to have all sorts of intersecting lines of revenge and retribution with the Holtz front and Lila's own agenda in getting to Connor.

The Loa-Burger was pretty darn funny, but I wish the signs didn't manifest themselves to quickly upon revelation.

Glad to see Gunn choose Fred over everything else. But they are such a strange couple to watch.

I knew Wesley was at his melt-down point (next week's previews give it away). I pretty much thought Wes had all but joined Holtz's cause (maybe to infiltrate it).

Gotta love seeing Angel all cootchie-coo one minute, and totally deadly the next.

Wonder what's really in Connor's blood.

Watching Angel drink so much blood so casually was a little disconcerting for a while there.

All in all, another packed episodes with lots of gloom and foreboding. At least I get the feeling that there's some storyline going on with plenty of room for some major conflict to break out (Buffy's doldrums/rut is unbecoming).

Also, it was interesting to see the parallels of Holtz's army doing the "surveillance" a la the Trio of Doom on Buffy, but with much more efficacy and purpose.

Can't wait for next week's episode of Angel!
Old 02-25-02, 11:17 PM
Banned

Can anyone explain why Angel rocks this season and Buffy blows?
Old 02-25-02, 11:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

So Joss has finally done his animated episode.

Coulda been worse.
Old 02-26-02, 01:02 AM
Banned

What did I miss. Angel is running from the room one minute, they show the blood and than he says something to the effect, "At least I would have something to snack on". Does that mean he turned evil?

Next week he looks fine. I am confused.
Old 02-26-02, 02:21 AM
Banned

Here is TV Guide's description of next week's episode. Spoilers!!!

Episode titled SLEEP TIGHT
60 min.
Spoiler:
"Utterly consumed by the prophecy that predicts Connor's death at
Angel's hands, Wesley (Alexis Denisof) resorts to extreme measures to
protect the vampire's son. Wesley's preoccupation with the murderous
prediction doesn't seem unwarranted when Gunn and Fred witness Angel's
frightening display of bloodthirsty behavior on a job. Tests reveal that
Wolfram & Hart have spiked the pig's blood Angel drinks with that of his
own son, making the situation all the more dangerous. Believing the baby
may be safer away from him for the time being, Angel welcomes Wesley's
offer to take Connor for the night. Wesley, however, has something else
in mind---as do Lilah, Sahjhan and Holtz."

http://www.tvguide.com/tv/shows/show...gramID=1789149
Old 02-26-02, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think the Loa's answer about Conner is misleading.

"That the vampire will devour his child is certain."

Spoiler:
Based on Snake's spoiler news, this is already happening.

I'm thinking something will happen to Conner and Angel will have to vamp him to save him.

As Patman mentioned, there’s something wrong with Angel openly drinking blood like it was a soft drink. I have a feeling it’s just a cheap setup for the stupid audience, because there’s no need for it other than to set up some future plot thingie.

I say give Conner to Dawn to raise as her own.
Old 02-26-02, 09:18 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts
Holy $h!t! I just had a revelation! First, I thought this was a cool ep. They are really using Wes well, I have to say. Loa-hamburger was funny! Okay, now...

speculation based on preview for next week's ep...

Spoiler:

The prophecy is complete already! The Loa said Angel would consume his son! If W&H is putting Connor's blood into Angel's pig's blood, Angel has already consumed his son! So there's really nothing more to that prophecy! I'm using too many exclamation points!!!

Anyway, that's what I think might happen.

X
Old 02-26-02, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I hope the writers don't do this, but current speculation is something like this:

Spoiler:
It's shades of the Lost In Space movie, where Sahjan is really Connor, and is coming back to try to prevent Angelus from making Sahjan who he is today.
Old 02-26-02, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Patman
I hope the writers don't do this, but current speculation is something like this:

Spoiler:
It's shades of the Lost In Space movie, where Sahjan is really Connor, and is coming back to try to prevent Angelus from making Sahjan who he is today.
Dude, that's so TNG
Spoiler:
First Born

das
Old 02-26-02, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Hero

My TNG knowledge is pretty bad when it comes to episode names since I've only seen 15% of the episodes. My bad joke is that Connor is really
Spoiler:
Wesley Crusher
. LOL!

Last edited by Patman; 02-26-02 at 10:03 AM.
Old 02-26-02, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Hero

My TNG knowledge is pretty bad when it comes to episode names since I've only seen 15% of the episodes.
Spoiler:
Essentially the same thing happens, but with Worf's son returning from the future.

das
Old 02-26-02, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Eww...I really hope the writers on Angel are more creative than that!
Old 02-26-02, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Hmmm ... I don't see how
Spoiler:
Connor could be a time-shifter. Many times already we've heard that he is human.
However, it is more likely that
Spoiler:
Conor grows up to be some kind of demon hunter that kills/maims/injurs Sahjan in the future. Or something.

In other words, I have no idea what the Sahjan/Conor/Angel connection is.
Old 02-26-02, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Eww...I really hope the writers on Angel are more creative than that!
This is a joke, yes?

If they were "more creative" they wouldn't have thrown in that gratuitous "Angel openly sipping blood" scene.
Old 02-26-02, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Anyone else having a Terminator 2 flashback with all of this "Connor" talk and time travel? Heh heh.
Old 02-26-02, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Angel good... Me happy. That sums it up. Shaping up to be a very interesting run of episodes.

CGI-Gozer-Drive-Thru-Hamburger and Wesleys opening nightmare were two of the better things I've seen on Angel.

But, if I thought Holtz looked like an unimpressive lightweight before, he really does now that he's gone Trebek and shaved off the goatee.
Old 02-26-02, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally posted by cooper2000
What did I miss. Angel is running from the room one minute, they show the blood and than he says something to the effect, "At least I would have something to snack on". Does that mean he turned evil?

Next week he looks fine. I am confused.
Well, they didn't nail it down, but Wes did have a similar worry-dream/hallucination at the beginning of the ep... I think it was just a dramatic moment, nothing more.

Spoiler:
Either just a projection of Wes's worries, or a bad joke Angel wouldn't have normally made -- except now he's being affected by Wolfram & Hart's "little trick" of feeding him Connor's blood on the sly... Very Shakespearean...
Old 02-26-02, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
I really am allowing myself to be sucked in and surprised by the direction the storyline is taking and its killing me not to look at your spoilered out speculations!!!

Great ep last night though!
Old 02-28-02, 09:21 PM
MrN
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Finally got around to watching this episode.

I really like the build up we're experiencing with the plot advancing in almost every scene.

Because the story is so good, I didn't even miss Cordy.
Old 02-28-02, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Ok, the first dream thing was totally lame. Comeon, we had the classic first fiv minutes that acts like it's totally not a dream (including people talking before Welsey is "awake") and then we go to the blood, and the slow mo voice. Ugh. I was hating that.

Wesley is the man. As for tha talking hamburger, I'm surprised they made the cG on this look good given the show's budget. I guess technology is improving all the time. And you know what? I didn't mind the burger. When I first saw it happening I found it to be kind of lame but as it progressed it got really funny. Because the scene was being played as serious when it clearly wasn't. And on many levels it makes sense. We wouldn't think much if Wesley went to an old statue and made it come alive, but when we're thinking modern days, normal things to us would be like statues to those days.

Holtz is looking kind of... hmm, I don't know, I don't think he looks as cool anymore, he looks like a high school teacher. Get something more threatening on dude. Justine is STILL annoying, but at least she's not talking as much. I hope she dies in a typical Alien style "You don't think she's going to die, but she'll be the first." I mean, everytime she tries to talk with emotion is just ruins the whole scene, she's like a parody of those commando tough girl cliched characters they use. And you know, I was really looking forward to Holtz making an army, but this was it? a couple of people who sulk around in the background? I am deeply ashamed at looking forward to that. I was expecting to have some specialized classes who work in a real way to take Angel down. But these guys are totally unthreatening. Oh well, I guess they're going down a different road then I would have liked. We'll see how it turns out.

I'm wondering what Liliah and Sajan or up to. I don't think they're trying to make him dark. They both want him dead remember, W&H wanting to make him dark is the reason Lilah hasn't killed him yet. As for Angel at the end, I truley don't think he'd Angelus, and I think that was fairly obvious. When he said he had something to snack on I think he was refering to his own blood. However, the fact of him actually saying that is just forced.

Angel is acting a little too out of character, with the hockey and all that crap. I like some of it, but too much of it is over the top. It was probably the worst it's ever been in this episode. The whole hockey scene anyways.

Gunn and Fred need to shut up. My mind wandered in their scenes. They're boring.

Pretty good episode overall. I enjoyed it.
Old 03-01-02, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally posted by BizRodian

Holtz is looking kind of... hmm, I don't know, I don't think he looks as cool anymore, he looks like a high school teacher.
Yep, like I said from the beginning- bad move on the casting directors part. The guy has never done it for me,... and I too dont get what has happened in the Buffyverse- with humans suddenly becoming such butt kickers, like Holtz himslef, and his army of average people... Uhhh, there is a Slayer because, normal people are supposed to be weaker than most demons- thus needing a superpowered champion? Anyone else forget the whole, Riley being genetically engineered as a supersoldier bit? Of, course there are always exceptiins, weaker demons, newer vampires that a Normal Joe can take down in a tussle, but its gotten to the point in the Buffyverse where anyone with training can suddenly take on any gnarly demon that comes around.
Old 03-01-02, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Holtz's army has NEVER done any ass kicking except when demons were in it.