Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

24 - 2/19/02

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-02, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Well, knowing CTU, there's no telling what skeletons Alberta would have dug up to get to the bottom of this mess. Still isolating the two still shook them up (even though they should have been familiar with the technique, it's still something to be under interrogation when you are in fact guilty and have some knowledge Alberta was after). Anyhow, we'll never know if Tony would have inadvertently rolled over Nina (who I'm finding more and more attractive as the day goes by).
Old 02-20-02, 09:53 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by D-Ball
Tonight's episode was alright. They didn't move the plot along that much. And the shoot-out at the end seemed too much like the A-Team where everyone is firing but no one gets hit.
I'm just waiting for the episode where we find out that Jobu is behind the Palmer assassination.
I thought that scene made perfect sense. The kid playing Rick does one of the best acting jobs on the show. He is in too deep and petrified. Anyway, he's probably never fired a gun before, and probaly thought that's how to do it, sice he probably saw "A-Team" when he was a kid.

If I was caught in a shoot out, I'd probably try the Kurt Russell/Tombstone "NO! NO! NO!" tactic. I'b be shot before the first "NO".
Old 02-20-02, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by Patman
Maybe it was me, but that wry smile that Terri flashed to Jack when he was telling her that it'd be different between him and her just set off my Spidey-sense. Anyone else feel that way?
I definitely did. I really don't think that Terri's in on it though. If she was, the entire Alan York subplot from the first bunch of episodes just wouldn't make any sense. Last night's show was good but did little to further the plot in my opinion...
Old 02-20-02, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
They seem to have forgotten that someone committed suicide in the CTU office while handcuffed to a table. Surely Alberta would be able to prove something is up with Tony and Nina when that has happened.
Old 02-20-02, 04:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
rfduncan wrote:

"One good thing about this news is that the eventual DVD release will probably..."

------------------------------------------------------
Why do you think this? Don't get me wrong, I love "24" and I'd be very, very happy to see it come to DVD, but what is your logic in thinking it will "eventually" come to dvd? Has it been confirmed or implyed by the producers or FOX?

The show definitely has that DVD-ish look and feel to it, but I'm curious of your logic in believing this will soon be on DVD. I don't want to get my hopes up for a disappointment.
Old 02-20-02, 05:19 PM
AJW
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Patman
Maybe it was me, but that wry smile that Terri flashed to Jack when he was telling her that it'd be different between him and her just set off my Spidey-sense. Anyone else feel that way?
My first thought was those pains she's been experiencing are the onset of some "terminal illness" she's been hiding from her family. She knows she won't be around long enough for a real reconciliation with Jack and hence the wry smile. Then again, maybe I just watch too many soap operas?

We fans don't have to worry about "Terri" getting killed off the show because of any illness though. Even if she only has a month to live, she could still be a part of the next 30 seasons worth of "24 "
Old 02-22-02, 11:32 AM

An enjoyable episode. And one of the nice things about it was that ...

[not_really_a_spoiler]

Palmer's wife wasn't in it at all. Finally we got a break from her whining in his face.

[/not_really_a_spoiler]

(at least I don't recall her being in it - but the previews for next week showed her back to her old tricks again.)
Old 02-22-02, 02:39 PM

Originally posted by PacMan2006
rfduncan wrote:

"One good thing about this news is that the eventual DVD release will probably..."

------------------------------------------------------
Why do you think this? Don't get me wrong, I love "24" and I'd be very, very happy to see it come to DVD, but what is your logic in thinking it will "eventually" come to dvd?
Well, we've got what will likely be a story that finishes in a single season, making a nice self-contained box set. We've also got a network with a nice tendency to release their shows as Box sets, especially the ones with large cult fan bases (X-Files, Simpsons).

I think someone is just making logical assumptions here.

-Gren
Old 02-22-02, 06:18 PM

Originally posted by rfduncan

Great episode - I too agree there is little time left to up the stakes much more. If the Bauer family escapes in the next hour of the show they have 10 eps left to unravel everything and get into one final coup de gras encounter that ties everything up. What is left is this:

How completely was Jamie involved?
How are Bauer and Palmer connected?
Why the desire to off both Palmer and Bauer?
What is wrong with Terri?
How deep in CTU does this go?
Is Jack's boss still alive and/or in on the whole plot?
What is Alberta Green's dammage?

Among others - please feel free to add
How about, When does Dennis Hopper show up?
Old 02-25-02, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Finally got a chance to see this on FX tonight... man, what an episode - possibly, no, probably my favorite so far (I've only missed one, the one where Jack makes the assassination attempt - hopefully FX will show a marathon soon so I can see it ).

I can name few other big gunfights where I was as involved as the one tonight... certainly never one on TV.
Old 02-25-02, 11:53 PM

Me too.. I was searching frantically for it in the listings this weekend. Finally found the listing for tonight's show.

I could swear the ladies took a different fork in the path than Jack at the very end, but I'm probably delusional..

This is gonna be great watching new episodes on back to back nights. Can't wait!

I've given up on getting a couple of my friends who I know would love 24 to start watching.. I swear we've almost become programmed to think the shows pushed hardest in the preseason promos are the worst.. At least they'll have the DVD