Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

No Way Out predictions

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-02, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 206 Likes on 159 Posts
No Way Out predictions

Personally, I don't think it matters what we say, as it will more than likely just end with the NWO beating everyone in the ring up at the show's end. My prediction: HHHH and Austin are the first marked men, with Rock to follow. Rumor is Vince wants a Rock vs. Hogan match at WM 18, which would be okay if Hogan can get more moves than three down .
Old 02-16-02, 09:57 PM
AJW
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Yo. Is it survey time yet?
Old 02-17-02, 12:16 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

"My prediction........PAIN!!!!"
Old 02-17-02, 01:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My prediction: just like in WCW, run-in + beatdown = ratings! Oh wait, no, that's what made it terrible to watch, wasn't it? Since that's what I am predicting most of the time, since you wouldn't want to actually have Hogan or Nash wrestle, I'm not optimistic.
Old 02-17-02, 04:19 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by dave955
My prediction: just like in WCW, run-in + beatdown = ratings! Oh wait, no, that's what made it terrible to watch, wasn't it? Since that's what I am predicting most of the time, since you wouldn't want to actually have Hogan or Nash wrestle, I'm not optimistic.

true dat.

Hogan can't wrestle anymore. its the plain and simple truth. the man doesn't have it in him anymore. and no one has the heart to tell him to get lost. a Rock/Hogan match at WM18 will stink up. nWo is just going to be the main run in + beat down.

its gonna be terrible.
Old 02-17-02, 06:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My predictions

Match-Triple H vs Kurt Angle

HHH is going to win this one plain and simple. Afterwards he met get attack by the NWO

Match-Rock vs Undertaker

Going to be a good match. Rock coming out on top

Match-RVD vs Goldust

I cant pick this one. My gut tells me RVD will win, but i think Goldust will. He just got back into the WWF and you want fans to keep on hating him. Could become a even bigger feud

Match-Regal vs Edge

Edge without a doubt. If he dosnt the WWF is messing up this guys carear.

Match-Tazz/Spike vs Booker/Test WWF Championship

I would say Tazz/Spike will win. I have a feeling they win tonight them loose the titles to someone on Raw

Match-Tag Team Turmoil

APA-As i said for the last match i have a feeling Tazz/Spike will loose the titles at raw or another show down the line. I thnk to Nash/Hall and you need a big good guy tag team to put them against at wrestlemania. These guys are it

Match-Austin Vs Jericho

Austin by DQ. Of course NWO is going to run it. Jericho moves on to go vs HHH as Wrestlemania. Also dont be surprised if Jericho becomes NWO. Sets up WWF vs NWO at Wrestlemania big time

Capt
Old 02-17-02, 11:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

According to wrestlezone.com, the nWo is already causing problems in the backstage area. Apparently Hall insulted a bunch of WWF wrestlers at a bar, Nash is obviously putting up a false persona, and Hogan seems to arrogant to interact with the other wrestlers. Again, this might all be stuff fed to the internet junkies like us to throw us off track. Of course given the nature of their past, I wouldn't doubt it Hope Vince doesn't have to fire them after two PPVs.

While the nWo will definitley boost ratings initially, I fear their presence might work against some good up and coming wrestlers with a lot of potential for main event status in a couple of years. Particularly RVD and Edge. Both of these guys can put on great matches, and Edge is already huge with the female crowd. Holding these guys down would be a blunder if one ever existed. I am still a little miffed at the WWF for the lousy Invasion angle. When it began, the WWF was finally giving a push to Benoit and Jericho, and they were immensely popular! Then Benoit got injured and Jericho took a back seat to the Invasion. Granted, Jericho is now the Undisputed Champion, but he was getting over as a major face at the time and it would have done more for his career at that point. At least that's my humble opinion.
Old 02-17-02, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I was thinking about some possible match-ups with the Now We're Old.

Can you picture Hogan trying to keep up in the ring with Kurt Angle?
How about Nash stumbling around after RVD?
The Ousiders against the Hardys?

I can't wait.
Old 02-17-02, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 279 Likes on 175 Posts
Re: No Way Out predictions

Originally posted by Dr. DVD
Rumor is Vince wants a Rock vs. Hogan match at WM 18
it's not just a rumor... Rock pretty much confirmed it on the WWF's "Byte This" webcast program on Friday
Old 02-17-02, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Charlie Goose
I was thinking about some possible match-ups with the Now We're Old.

Can you picture Hogan trying to keep up in the ring with Kurt Angle?
How about Nash stumbling around after RVD?
The Outsiders against the Hardys?

I can't wait.

While amusing, there are ways to have the old guys win. Mainly backstage politics and some wrestlers getting jobbed. That would really be sad with all of the talent. How about a match with Booker T and Test against The Outsiders? That would stink up a ring real quick. I would also find it amusing to see Y2J and Scott Steiner try to grapple!
Old 02-17-02, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I would also find it amusing to see Y2J and Scott Steiner try to grapple!
I can only imagine: Jericho makes some kind of mistake and causes Steiner a lot of pain. Steiner starts shooting on the "living legend". THAT would be a sight to behold.

It might also be interesting to substitute Perry Saturn for Jericho, given that Saturn did just this to someone on a Jakked/Metal match. Saturn doesn't seem like the kind of guy to appreciate mistakes.
Old 02-17-02, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally posted by dave955
I just don't think these guys have it in them to do a "run-in"

Hogan might break a hip, Hall would be too drunk and fall over before getting into the ring, Nash might make it, but he's too slow and by the time he was in place for his oh so famous, elbow in the face at the turnbuckle, he'd be gasping!
Old 02-17-02, 10:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, No Way Out was pretty solid IMO. They wasted no time in having the nWo enter and cut a promo. The first one was really amusing, especially when you consider it was a spoof of their images in the eyes of other wrestlers.

RVD vs. Goldust was the best match, but then again it is R-V-D!

The ending with an nWo run in was not too hard to see coming. In fact I was hoping they would surprise us with something new. The spot Rock did with them was great! The nWo can be great personas, they just can't deliver in the ring
Old 02-18-02, 12:13 AM
AJW
DVD Talk Special Edition

Favorite line of the night goes to Hulk Hogan

"So Much For The People's Taste"