TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

(theoretically) good and bad news from smackdown

Old 02-14-02, 11:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

(theoretically) good and bad news from smackdown

The bad news is they keep making Y2J look really weak and undeserving of the title. And this ppv is looking to be a real snooze-fest.

The good news is that since Y2J got whooped today, he should win at the ppv...the formula tends to be he who loses on the smackdown before wins at the ppv.
Old 02-15-02, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't know, I doubt Y2J wins for two reasons:

1) He already be Austin to win his title

2) I just can't see them putting him and HHH/Angle at Wrestlemania for the title. Since it's the king of all PPVs, you'd expect the top two guys (by popularity) in the match, which would be Rock v. Austin. Now that may not happen since it happened last year, but one of Rock or Austin will have to headline Wrestlemania or I'd be shocked.

I hope Jericho continues his run, but I doubt he has the belts my Wrestlemania
Old 02-15-02, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Y2J will probably win at No Way Out or regain the title by Wrestlemania for one simple reason. They need superstars like Austin and the Rock to face Hogan, Hall and Nash. I don't think Kurt Angle or Jericho would face the NWO becasue they are heels, and guys like Edge aren't up to superstar level yet.
Old 02-15-02, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by BrewCrew
Y2J will probably win at No Way Out or regain the title by Wrestlemania for one simple reason. They need superstars like Austin and the Rock to face Hogan, Hall and Nash. I don't think Kurt Angle or Jericho would face the NWO becasue they are heels, and guys like Edge aren't up to superstar level yet.
That's a good point. But I can't imagine the main event at Wrestlemania without Rock or Austin. Unless they make the world Title match the non-main event
Old 02-15-02, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: (theoretically) good and bad news from smackdown

Originally posted by Crazy Aoshi
...the formula tends to be he who loses on the smackdown before wins at the ppv.
Yep. Just like when Spike Dudley pinned Booker T., I expect Booker T. and Test to win the titles.

And William Regal got attacked last by Edge, so I think that Regal could retain.

And, it's a given, that Triple H will beat Kurt Angle.

The only reason I'm getting the PPV is because of these 3 guys.

Old 02-15-02, 05:14 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I think Sunday's PPV will kick ass. There are a lot of good matches scheduled. As for Jericho winning on Sunday, I don't think so. I think Stone Cold will win because just as others have stated, at Wrestlemania you want to have an awesome main event and Jericho vs. HHH/Angel is not a good Wrestlemania. And at Wrestlemania I think it will either be Austin vs. HHH or possible a fatal 4-way match like at Wrestlemania 2000 with Austin, HHH, Jericho, and Angle. I prefer that it be Austin vs. HHH. As for HHH winning on Sunday, he has his work cut out for him. As long as Stephanie is the special guest referee, winning will not be easy. But Sunday should be a PPV to remember.
Old 02-15-02, 05:19 PM

By the way, for those of you who didn't already know, Amazon is already taking preorders for Wrestlemania 18 and someone has already posted a review of the PPV with a description of the matches. This guy has an interesting imagination for an event that has yet to occur......or is it for real? Check it out for yourself;

Reviewer: Matthew Young (see more about me) from Grayson, Ga. United States
WoW! This 18th annual WrestleMania kicked some serious butt! Better than last years. This years W.M. X-8 we see Triple H take on the nWo/WWF champion Y2J in an intense battle like Fully Loaded 2000. We also see the Rock making this his WrestleMania by ending The UnderTaker's 9-0 winning streak at Wrestlemania, yes it's 9-0 because Taker has beaten- jimmy snuka, giant gonzolas, jake the snake roberts, king kong bundy, Diesel, Psycho Sid, Kane, Big Bossman, and Triple H.Any how, this year we see Stone Cold take on Hollywood Hogan in a showdown of eras, the era of rock and wrestling versus the era of attitude. Then we see two former ameuters go at it when Scott Steiner of the nWo faces Kurt Angle.We also see the Tag Team Titles up for grabs when the Outsiders face the A.P.A. in an intense brawl. Then we see Lita go nWo after beating Trish for the title, afterwards she sprays the nWo logo on Trish. We also see a unique Tag Team match that is A Father vs. Son tag team match in which Vince McMahon teams with David Flair as they take on Ric Flair(Whoo!)and Shane McMahon. And the final four matches are, triple threat for I.C. belt in a ladder match-Edge(c) vs. Lance Storm vs. RVD, Booker T vs. DDP, X-Pac defends his newly unified crusierweight belt in a invitational 10 minute time limit crusierweight match which includes Billy Kidman, The Hurricane, Tajiri and much more, and finally Randy Savage vs. The Ultimate Warrior.
Old 02-15-02, 06:09 PM

I think it will be HHH vs. Y2J at Wrestlemani X8. HHH has now made his complete babyface turn and Y2J is coming along nicely as the top heel. At No Way Out, I'm predicting the nWo will cost Austin the match (I'm sure a lot of people are thinking this) and someone will help HHH (I wish it would be HBK) defeat Angle and Stephanie. At X8, there will be 3 main events: HHH vs. Y2J, Austin vs. Hogan and Rock/? vs. Outsiders. After X8. there will be a roster split and one group will take over Raw and one Smackdown.
Old 02-15-02, 06:17 PM

I wouldn't bet on the Rock to be around much after Sunday's PPV. With The Scorpion King coming out in the coming months, he will be pretty much be nonexistant on WWF television as he pushes the movie, not unlike he did last year.
Old 02-15-02, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I see Jericho retaining and facing Triple H at WMX8, but that title match will almost get lost in the shuffle with the first matches of the Now We're Old.

Honk!