Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Roseanne

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-02, 03:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Roseanne

Anyone in the forum also a fan of this show? I got most of them on VHS, and I truly would love to see these on DVD...I thought that was a major impossibility until I saw recetly that Columbia House has a deal where they are releasing 4 epidodes at a time of the Cosby show on DVD...considering the same people who made the Cosby Show made Roseanne, I'm thinking down the line we might get this classic n DVD. Any thoughts?
Old 01-30-02, 04:07 PM
Banned

Im a fan of the show. Always thought it was funny. I wouldnt mind seeing the series finale again.
Old 01-30-02, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I watched it when it was on originally and still catch the repeats now and then. I even kept watching when they won the lotto
Old 01-30-02, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,204 Likes on 2,068 Posts
This used to be one of those "must see" shows every week for me. I stopped watching however, the second to last season. At about that point was when just about everyone in Lanford either turned out to be gay or a lesbian. Great show up to that point though. I did catch the series finale about a year ago and it was surprisingly good considering the shows quality at that time.
Old 01-30-02, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,808 Likes on 1,129 Posts
Where can i get a synopsis of the last ep? I never saw it but I know it was wild.

Spoiler:
didn't Dan die?
Old 01-30-02, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Giantrobo:

Spoiler:
From what I can remember, all the crazy crap that happened in the last season was just part of a book Roseanne was writing. In actuality, Dan had died of a heart attack in the previous season's finale.
Old 01-31-02, 01:17 AM

I liked it. Don't know if I'd want to own every episode on DVD, but there are definitely a few that would be must haves for me.
Old 01-31-02, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would pay inordinant amounts of cash to get Roseanne on DVD. That show - more than any other, before or since - captured what it was like growing up for me. That family dynamic - minus the cutesy putdowns - literally was my childhood. My mother still has one of those macrame quilts on the back of the couch.

If I come across the show while flipping through the channels, I immediately stop and finish out the episode. I've been surprised on numerous occasions with episodes I'd missed (e.g. just saw Darlene's prom the other day).

It's a shame most networks have replaced re-runs of Roseanne with the truly unfunny and unreal re-runs of Friends.
Old 01-31-02, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts
I've said this a million times before. The first seven seasons
of "Roseanne" are classic. Hilarious! And I'm talking
almost every single episode. Well, maybe one or two
were mediocre But the last two years? Absolutely
horrible! Clearly the original writing team were no longer
on board. At least the 8th season was tolerable at best.
That last year is unwatchable. It was like a bad parody
of the show.
Old 01-31-02, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally posted by Daytripper
I've said this a million times before. The first seven seasons
of "Roseanne" are classic. Hilarious! And I'm talking
almost every single episode. Well, maybe one or two
were mediocre But the last two years? Absolutely
horrible! Clearly the original writing team were no longer
on board. At least the 8th season was tolerable at best.
That last year is unwatchable. It was like a bad parody
of the show.
Exactly. The show started going downhill after they opened a diner, but the last season was dreadful.
Old 01-31-02, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts
Originally posted by Charlie Goose

Exactly. The show started going downhill after they opened a diner, but the last season was dreadful.

Oooh, I have to disagree. Because they didn't start with
that storyline in the last two years. There were some
great episodes surrounding that place. I think the show
jumped the shark when Roseanne got pregnant again.
It was funny when Jackie did though. And that whole
lottery trainwreck? Don't even get me started.
Old 01-31-02, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've never seen any other lottery episodes -- are they currently on syndication anywhere? Does syndication show Roseanne chronologically?

Spoiler:
Did Dan actually die in the episode or was it alluded to?
Old 01-31-02, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Speaking of Roseanne. Would anyone happen to have a copy of the final episode? I've had a hankering to see that particular episode now for awhile. I know I taped it at the time - but can't for the life of me remember where that tape is now.

Anybody?
Old 01-31-02, 07:11 PM

I have another question about the final episode. Maybe somebody with a better memory than mine can help me out...

What was the deal with Darlene/David and Becky/Mark? At the very end, Roseanne made some comment about how she thought Darlene should be with Mark and Becky should be with David, or something like that? Was it supposed to be that they were paired up differently in real life, and she had paired them up a certain way in her imagination? Or am I way off here? I just remember that at the end of the final episode, they were all sitting around the kitchen table, and Roseanne's voiceover mentioned something really quickly about this that left me really confused.
Old 01-31-02, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I watched the final episode on tv a couple weeks ago. The people just sort of leave and it's Roseanne left talking to the camera about how she constructed the winning the lottery thing in her writing and how difficult things have been without Dan. It was a really good finale to be honest.

I love this show and would buy it on dvds.
Old 01-31-02, 07:41 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,808 Likes on 1,129 Posts
Thanks A BUNCH to the person who e-mailed me with the Finale info!!!!!

It halped a lot!
Old 02-01-02, 05:39 AM

Roseanne

Giantrobo, that would be me...an your welcome...to those who would like a lil more info re:syndication, they are about midway through the series now, TBS here in NY plays them at 630 and 730 eastern time at night...they used to be back to back but split them up with the cosby show and friends...last night's shows were the ones where Dan and Roseanne go to Vegas, starring Wayne Newton, Sandra Bernhard, and Tom Arnold...www.tbssuperstation.com has the listing of the episodes w/description and tells you when and where the show is on...enjoy!