Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

24 Tue. Jan 22

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-02, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
24 Tue. Jan 22

This was one of the best episodes yet. So intense, I hate waiting a whole week to find out what's gonna happen. The scene with Teri and the guy totally freaked me out.
Old 01-22-02, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah another very good episode. If people didnt think Sutherland deserved the golden globe up to this point, he deserved it for this one episode. Im waiting for the day when this series is on dvd :-) 24 hours of non stop tv and soda/coffee
Old 01-22-02, 09:15 PM
AJW
DVD Talk Special Edition

Wow I'm surprised with the comments so far. I was actually disappointed in tonight's episode and found it very predictable; especially the ending. If you didn't see that coming a mile away, well your brain must be as tired as Jack's.
Old 01-22-02, 09:21 PM

Received 112 Likes on 91 Posts
Thought it was a good episode and it was nice to see Kiefer act like he deserved the Golden Globe.
Old 01-22-02, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
I agree. It's the old I'm so worried that the only way I see out of this is to kill myself.

As an aside, I always find it silly that someone will take the poison pill (like in Doctor No) rather than be killed by Doctor No. One is a guaranteed conclusion ... I'll take my changes and make him get me ...

This is sort of the same thing ... I'm so worried about my son, I'll kill myself and then my son ... will be where? So stupid.

This show has been so good not doing the predictable cliche stuff and they do this.

Otherwise, I think that this episode is sort of a bridge episode to some more excitement. They need to set some things up before the next big thing ...
Old 01-22-02, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

when this comes out on dvd it will be great. i really enjoyed tonight's episode but i had a problem with the quickie with teri and the hostage guy. i dunno, i guess it just seemed a little too quick. on another note, i think that palmer's wife is up to something. maybe she is just trying to cover for her son, but i have a suspicion that there is something else that palmer doesn't know about that is being covered up.
Old 01-22-02, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I really enjoyed this episode. I thought Jamie was going to doublecross them using some computer hacker trick - so I was totally caught off guard. Killing yourself is totally stupid - who's going to take care of your kid now? Of course if she realized Gaines would kill her kid in a second to make her do what he wanted, then sacrificing herself before Kyle became a bargaining chip makes a lot more sense. After all, if the good guys will use him to get her to do what they want, what's to stop Gaines (who apparently has a LOT of people working for him). If there is indeed a second mole (which is totally possible) then by bringing Kyle in they exposed him to danger - so taking herself out of the equation was the best way to protect him.

Of course it could just be that she was stupid, too.

As to Teri and the a$$hole guard - I was shocked, too! Not that he would try something, and not that a mom wouldn't do anything to protect her daughter, but jeez - talk about a horrendous situation to find yourself! As a woman, one of our greatest fears is rape - but I can imagine as a mother an even bigger fear would be that your child would be harmed. This was gut wrenching. At least she was quick-witted enough to get the guy's phone - it's about time Teri exercised some ingenuity.

This show is truly riveting tv. I can hardly wait to find out what happens next.
Old 01-22-02, 09:51 PM

I wouldn't be so sure that Jamie killed herself.
Old 01-22-02, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
24 rocks!!! its the best show ever.. Kiefer --really-- deserves that golden globe.. and a few more.

ravan - a 24 fanboy
Old 01-22-02, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Trinitron
I wouldn't be so sure that Jamie killed herself.
Exactly what I was thinking. I think she'll recover from this and come back a couple of episodes from now. And I have a suspicion that there is another mole inside CTU and it's Tony.
Old 01-22-02, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

if Tony is the mole he has alot of explaining to do about his actions (stopping the assassination).

why didnt jack just go and get the car? it was there two minutes after the call (supposedly), he just waited in the building till the cops showedup.
Old 01-22-02, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,399 Likes on 951 Posts
very good episode. i can't wait another 2 weeks for new episodes.
Old 01-23-02, 01:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Since the DVD is at least a year off, I think they should run a marathon on FX at some point. They don't need to wait until the season is over. What is this now, episode 9? Wait until Ep. 12 airs then do it. Start it at midnight just for the hell of it.
Old 01-23-02, 01:31 AM
HN
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally posted by Deftones17
very good episode. i can't wait another 2 weeks for new episodes.
yeah, but after that it's 12 weeks straight of new episodes!

--HN
Old 01-23-02, 03:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If this is episode 9 and there are twelve more episodes what happened to the last three hours of the day?
Old 01-23-02, 04:42 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Maybe 2 hour episodes or perhaps just another week off before the last few. I love this show!!
Old 01-23-02, 07:48 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Um ...

A) We don't know Jaime tried to kill herself
B) We don't know what her "pressures" are that she keeps talking about that only Jack understands
C) She's about to be on the run from Gaines and Co. Who knows how large their organization is. Going after her son is the best way to get to her. Killing herself, if that's what happened, frees her son ... there's no reason to ever bother him with anything if she's dead.

Makes perfect sense to me.

das
Old 01-23-02, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Hah! That Chloe chick (from ER, Dr. Lewis's deadbeat sister) shows up in yet another white trash role, and continues to screw up by turning on Jack at the end.

Terri is definitely a survivor, and she was very cool and calm about the whole rape situation. Perhaps Jack has given her some training in this potential dark scenario of their lives. The main thing is to just stay alive in this situation. Kim owes her mom a lot when this is over.

Jack's CIA history as an operative shows up under a point of reflection for his part as he becomes weary of the all-nighter he just pulled. It was a good touch for him to almost fall aseleep in the contractor office he was holed up in.

I think Nina would make a decent "Lois Lane" (plus any excuse for her to change blouse tops makes for good TV).

I still don't trust Tony.

Jamie's suicide (attempt) was pretty gory looking, I still think Walsh is alive and calling come of the shots (or why was Walsh so "wrong" about Jamie?)
Old 01-23-02, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by ten41
If this is episode 9 and there are twelve more episodes what happened to the last three hours of the day?
They will be shown after a week break more than likely. The 12 straight episodes will take us up to April 23rd. They will skip the week of April 30th and show the last three episodes during May sweeps more than likely.

I felt last night's episode moved a bit too quickly in comparison to the other episodes.

In Entertainment Weekly this week they say Dennis Hopper is coming for a 5-episode stint as a Bulvarian crazy person...big jump for Hopper, don't you think?
Old 01-23-02, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by ten41
There are still 15 more episodes left, not 12.
Old 01-23-02, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by das Monkey
Um ...

A) We don't know Jaime tried to kill herself
B) We don't know what her "pressures" are that she keeps talking about that only Jack understands
C) She's about to be on the run from Gaines and Co. Who knows how large their organization is. Going after her son is the best way to get to her. Killing herself, if that's what happened, frees her son ... there's no reason to ever bother him with anything if she's dead.

Makes perfect sense to me.

das
a) We don't know 100% for sure, but it's pretty damn likely seeing as she was the only one in the room and no one else besides nina and tony knew she was in there. Plus we saw the broken pieces of the coffee cup, so we know how she did it.
b) I think the pressures are her concern for her son
c) She would be better off just getting her son safe and THEN killing herself.

p.s.: My prediction is that Tony really is another mole. Walsh is really dead, but somebody above him or close to him is calling the shots.
Old 01-23-02, 09:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well the ending was predictable... if you mean that obviosuly something was going to happen to Jamie when she was left alone. I didn't know if she would have escaped somehow, or if someone would have killed her. As a few said, it looked like she committed suicide, but that may not really be the case.

Also, it looks like Gaines is just a pawn in this conspiracy as Dennis Hopper was supposted to come on as the mastermind and in the preview for the next episode we see a guy giving Gaines orders.
Old 01-23-02, 09:17 AM

I don't see how/why Tony would be another mole. None of his actions the past two weeks would make any sense, including the bewilderment we saw on his face when only he was in the hall (pay attention to those 'solo' scenes; they are the only time you can guess a character's true motivations).

I have to think Jamey tried to kill herself, though it's not conclusive.

More wild hypothesizng:
Spoiler:
What if the 'white kid' killed by Keith is the Bauers' son?
I'd feel cheated, but it could add a wrinkle about why they wanted Bauer in on the assassination attempt, and why the story about the rape was about to break that day.
Old 01-23-02, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by kevin75
but i had a problem with the quickie with teri and the hostage guy. i dunno, i guess it just seemed a little too quick. on another note, i think that palmer's wife is up to something.
Well what were the time stamps prior to and after Terri left with the guard? How do we know she was raped? She may have simply had him drop his pants and gave him a BJ (making it easy for her to fish into his pockets for the phone). It was interesting that she volunteered, but it is obvious that survival is as much her interest as sacrifice.

Palmer's wife is DEFINITELY up to more than we or Palmer know about. Do you recall that in the beginning episodes it was implied that she was somehow linked to the photographer who would later be Palmer's assassin?

As far as Tony being a second mole, I have a question. What did he say to Jamie in Spanish last night when they were in the room alone?

I agree with AJW, I thought this was the poorest episode so far. For one thing, I thought the direction was bad - there was no urgency in any of the acting compared to previous episodes. But hey, this was bound to happen. A bridge epsiode had to come along sometime. So little happened this hour. We are at least starting to see people unravel a little (e.g. Bauer b!tching to the waitress and almost dozing off). Besides they gotta save some major action up for February sweeps, right?
Old 01-23-02, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts
What I think Tony said to Jamie was either:

You're an embarrassment (Eres una verguenza)

or

You have no shame. (eres sin verguenza)

I really couldn't make it out clearly but I'm sure it was the first one.

I hope Tony isn't another mole because it really would make no
sense. Like doughelm said, look for clues when they are shown solo, because if the writing is made so that the characters act contrary to what theyre true motivations are when they are shown solo, then IMHO that's pretty stupid.

Neitzl

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.