Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Is there going to be a season 2 for 24????

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 01-17-02, 07:45 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

well, Boatdrinks comments in the ratings thread got me thinking, will Fox pick this up for season 2? I think it's a great show, and the writing/acting is fantastic. I am just worried how they could match the quality of this season in another season. I mean, they can't very well have Jack's wife or daughter kidnapped again. We already ruled out the mole within the agency angle. What could they do to even stay on par with this year or excell past it?
Old 01-17-02, 08:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If it was going to have a 2nd season I think they'd have called it 48.

From what I heard when the show started it was just meant to run 1 season and be a complete story from beginning to end.
Old 01-17-02, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
maybe a second season could have a completely different cast and plot. If they continued with the same "cast" I think it would be tough to sustain.
Old 01-17-02, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

maybe palmer will get another assassination attempt when the general elections come around....

but i do think you'd need a new plot/cast everything.
Old 01-17-02, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think a 2nd season would be pretty difficult to sustain from a creative/writing standpoint. FOX would probably have attempted it had the ratings been stellar, but given that the show just really doesn't seem to be finding an audience... they'll probably just let it slide. Farm the thing out to DVD down the road to squeeze some more pennies out of it.

Honestly, as good as the show is, I think that's a fine idea. Some shows are just meant to end at a certain time. It's nice when a show can just tell it's story and end -- not be run into the ground by staying on for extra seasons.
Old 01-17-02, 11:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It would be cool to have the same cast but a different plot ala A fish called Wanda/Fierce Creatures.
Old 01-18-02, 09:37 PM

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
maybe a second season could have a completely different cast and plot. If they continued with the same "cast" I think it would be tough to sustain.
I completely agree with you. If they made a new season of 24 they would have to have a new setting, and a new plot, that way they could still base it on 24 hours. Otherwise I think it would take away from the realisms of the show if they were to keep the characters and make a new "adventure".
Old 01-19-02, 11:27 AM

Received 96 Likes on 79 Posts
I read that if they do, it will be another day-in-the-life-of-Jack Bauer some 6 months down the road with a different plot and cast.
Old 01-19-02, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I read an article about the cancellation of X-Files that said 24 is a candidate for the Sunday 9 PM slot next season, so it looks like it may see a 2nd season.
Old 01-19-02, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm with huzefa--I think the same cast with a new plot and different characters is a great idea.