TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Ed - 1/16/02

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-02, 08:56 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ed - 1/16/02

So, this is what I learned from this episode of Ed:

1. Principal Jackass sucks. Okay, I already knew that.
2. Carol Vessey is the most gullible ho this side of Stuckeyville. "I don't date jerks, Dennis!" "Well... I really like you." "Oh. Okay. Let's go bump uglies."
3. All married men want to cheat on their wives. And if you've been married a long time, it's excusable.

Okay, that's the stuff I thought was lame. Here's the stuff I thought was cool.

4. Diane pretty definitely wants Cheswick to herself, and thought that getting Cheswick & Jessica Martel together would show Cheswick how shallow Jessica is. Except Cheswick wants Jessica now more than ever. I thought it was great that Cheswick and Jessica got along so well.
5. Ed coming clean to Carol. Good for him. Maybe in four or five seasons, they'll actually go on a date or something.

Most of the episode, though, I found myself just saying "Whatever!" to the screen. I didn't really like this Ed-isode. I think it was the infidelity thread running through two of the subplots (Old guy sleeping around and Dennis going behind Carol's back).

Fire bad!
Old 01-16-02, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tis a shame about the quality of this episode, especially considering how much I liked last week's
Old 01-16-02, 10:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yet another vote for this episode lacking the quality of last week. just when you think things are going along fine in stuckeyville, dumbsaa martino has to show his face. i was actually thinking today that we hadn't seen him since turkey day and i was wondering if they had gotten rid of him. we should be so lucky.

anyway, for the most part, the best thing about this episode was how ed was standing up for doing the right thing and telling carol (HOT!!!!) how he felt about the dennis situation.

oh yeah, i have this feeling for some reason that the line that mike said about ed going up and just kissing carol might come back to haunt us one day (we can only hope).
Old 01-16-02, 11:10 PM
Admin Emeritus

Originally posted by kevin75
carol (HOT!!!!)
Word! I think she was at her hottest last episode... well, she was more "cute" last episode, with the rolled up jeans, her expressions during bowling, and such. She just looked "hot" this episode. But "ugh" about her saying "I'll tell him now." Ewwwwwwwwwww. At least we didn't have to see them in bed together, like the first time.
oh yeah, i have this feeling for some reason that the line that mike said about ed going up and just kissing carol might come back to haunt us one day (we can only hope).
Ooh, good call. Any writers out there listening? But hey, weren't Ed & Carol about to sleep together in the season finale of season 1, when Bonnie came back? So if they were about to sleep together, they probably already kissed, huh?

Principal sex bad!
Old 01-17-02, 02:31 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,199 Likes on 2,065 Posts
There was a little piece of me hoping that Ed would go up to Carol and tell her off for being with Principal Jackass. She really needs a kick in the pants, and Ed was just the guy to do it, but alas, it didn't happen. Hey, it worked for Cheswick last week

I'm beginnig to really dislike Warren's chubby friend. Who the hell wears a suit and tie for a test? Dress for success my a**.

The look on Diane's face when Cheswick said he liked Jessica Martel even more now, pretty much told the story about her feelings for him.

Overall not the best episode of the season, but they didn't have the $10 bet at the beginning like usual.
Old 01-17-02, 07:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Static Cling

Ooh, good call. Any writers out there listening? But hey, weren't Ed & Carol about to sleep together in the season finale of season 1, when Bonnie came back? So if they were about to sleep together, they probably already kissed, huh?
actually IIRC, in the season finale, they were just about to kiss, and then the evil bonnie showed up to interrupt.
Old 01-17-02, 08:09 AM
dek
DVD Talk Legend

Location: On the road to reclaiming Lord Stanleys Cup, Turlock CA
"Hey Carol, you're a dumb broad! Just being honest "

AARRGGHHH!!!!!!!!!!

F the principal
Old 01-17-02, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Ed 1/16/02

Damn, I just wanted to throw a TV brick when Carol took back Dennis. The sex must be awfully good, that's all I can say.

I felt really bad for Ed on this issue. At least Molly wasn't so annoying and sanctimonious.

Warren, Warren, Warren, I knew he'd blow it, and now is even more smitten with Jessica, much to the surprise of Diane, who has plotted to get Warren to see Jessica as a nice-looking bimbo that Warren would get tired of pursuing given the push in chasing her.

The appearance of "P*ssy" from The Sopranos and Andrea Martin was a strange parallel story with Ed and Carol. How many spouses have that much trust in their spouse?
Old 01-17-02, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
I LOVED the Cheswick/Jessica line--much better than anything else in the show.

Like you guys said, the whole "we've been married for a long time, so cheating is ok" thing was just weird and pointless imho.

And Carol back with Dennis was a little over the top too, I think. On the other hand, I know there are people out there who live like that...why I don't know, but...
Old 01-17-02, 12:17 PM
Admin Emeritus

Originally posted by dek
"Hey Carol, you're a dumb broad! Just being honest "
"And while we're being honest, you're a frickin' ho! And your boyfriend is a complete dick!"
Old 01-17-02, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Just treat broads like garbage and they will come running back to you. Just listening to Principal Jackass made me angry. Smug bastiche.

I'm really enjoying the Cheswick love triangle. On a semi-related topic, Warren's friend seems to get fatter every week. Someone should intervene with this kid, no one that young should be so grotesquely obese.

Can someone make me a grape sandwich?
Old 01-17-02, 12:53 PM

I still can't figure out if I like Warren or not. One week he'll be ok then the next he's just a total moron. I don't mind the quirkyness but sometimes it goes too far and I just get angry. Like tonight with the whole 'trying to get seated now' scene. How can he not realize what a total idiot he was being? Screaming for Roger?

Is it just me?
Old 01-17-02, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The Weekly Warren Chronicles reminds me of a serialized version of "The Last American Virgin".
Old 01-17-02, 01:46 PM
dek
DVD Talk Legend

Location: On the road to reclaiming Lord Stanleys Cup, Turlock CA
Originally posted by Charlie Goose

Can someone make me a grape sandwich?

F that! I want a strawberry tallcake
Old 01-17-02, 02:26 PM
Admin Emeritus

Originally posted by larryw
I still can't figure out if I like Warren or not. One week he'll be ok then the next he's just a total moron. I don't mind the quirkyness but sometimes it goes too far and I just get angry. Like tonight with the whole 'trying to get seated now' scene. How can he not realize what a total idiot he was being? Screaming for Roger?

Is it just me?
The only time I can remember him being somewhat CLOSE to normal is when he confronted Jessica last episode at the end, where he was like, "Stick with Jakey and Fozzcat, because that's who you deserve," or whatever he said. And then after she asked him out, he did a pratfall, and it was back to same old Cheswick. Even though this show is about quirky characters, sometimes people go too far. Like Cheswick.

Fire bad!
Old 01-17-02, 02:27 PM
Admin Emeritus

Originally posted by dek
F that! I want a strawberry tallcake
I'll make you a strawberry tallcake if you set me up with a chowder dog. Oh, New England style, please.

Was it me, or did some of those conconctions actually sound appetizing? Like, seriously... I like New England clam chowder, I like hot dogs... why NOT put them together? And a grape sandwich with cream cheese? Sure, why not?

Fire bad!
Old 01-17-02, 02:50 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Originally posted by Patman
The Weekly Warren Chronicles reminds me of a serialized version of "The Last American Virgin".
So true. IMO, Warren is stealing the show. I end up liking his segment the best week after week. I did not dislike this episode however. It was still probably better than anything else on last night.
Old 01-17-02, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Geofferson

So true. IMO, Warren is stealing the show. I end up liking his segment the best week after week.
sometimes that is true for me but usually the segment i like best is when carol is there because as we have all established, carol = HOT!!! except when she is with principal jackass. (kevin thanks static for the use of his registered trademark, principal jackass)
Old 01-17-02, 08:57 PM
Admin Emeritus

Originally posted by kevin75
sometimes that is true for me but usually the segment i like best is when carol is there because as we have all established, carol = HOT!!! except when she is with principal jackass. (kevin thanks static for the use of his registered trademark, principal jackass)
Uh oh... don't credit me for that! Credit "Uncle Bob" and the Ed forum, at www.mightybigtv.com. My favorite place for episode recaps.

*collects check from Mighty Big TV*

MBTV good!