Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

24 -- "7:00-8:00 AM" Did anyone watch?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-02, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The metal detector did go off, but Jack was able to produce ID, and be cleared on the phone.

I think Ganz might have thought that Jack didn't double-cross him, so it was better to have 2 things to hold over Jack's head in case of contingencies.

Pure speculation on my part:

What if the white guy that Palmer's son killed "accidentally" is related to Ganz? Hmm...that would give us the revenge motive for this huge undertaking by Ganz.
Old 01-16-02, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Patman
(Is the bad guy's name "Ganz" or "Gaines"? I apologize if it's "Gaines")
In one or two of the "previously on 24" bits, his name was given - Ira Gaines.
Old 01-16-02, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What if the white guy that Palmer's son killed "accidentally" is related to Ganz? Hmm...that would give us the revenge motive for this huge undertaking by Ganz.
I agree.
Old 01-16-02, 12:51 PM
Banned

Great Episode.
Old 01-16-02, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by das Monkey
Killing the wife works much better for them, since if Jack is like me, he couldn't care less if she died
Damn, I feel sorry for your wife or future wife.

Old 01-16-02, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

That's what I speculated in a previous thread.

Note to all: The bad guy's name is spelled "Gaines" and the CTU girl is "Jamey", not Jaime....if any of you are anal like me and care.

I still can't remember that dude's name that pulled the gun on Jamey in the bathroom....some help here?

Old 01-16-02, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by immortal_zeus

Damn, I feel sorry for your wife or future wife.

I have no problem with anyone else's wife ... or my wife ... but that lady just annoys me. A shot to the back of the head would do wonders for that show.

das
Old 01-16-02, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by das Monkey

I have no problem with anyone else's wife ... or my wife ... but that lady just annoys me. A shot to the back of the head would do wonders for that show.

das
I hear ya...she annoys me too....too emotional and whiny....although I guess that's to be expected if you're in a situation like that.

Shooting her would've definitely added some intensity to the show....or if they were gonna let her and the daughter live, they should've ended the episode with the two guys pointing guns at the back of their heads and kept it a cliffhanger for the next episode....thereby prolonging the drama.

Old 01-16-02, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

[B]Shooting her would've definitely added some intensity to the show....or if they were gonna let her and the daughter live, they should've ended the episode with the two guys pointing guns at the back of their heads and kept it a cliffhanger for the next episode....thereby prolonging the drama.
If they did that, I'd complain about the show being manipulative and cheesy. I'm glad the last 2 episodes, they've had the opportunity for a lame cliff-hanger and haven't done it. We knew Nina was alive last week. We knew he had to keep one girl alive. To fade out would be insulting. Now if they had faded out with a gunshot, and returned next week with the mom going down, that might be cool. Probably not though. It would have been an incredible ending to that episode to pop the mom in the back of the head, and cut straight to the ticking clock. I'd be counting the seconds to the next episode. Not enough gutsy show on TV right now.

das
Old 01-16-02, 02:53 PM

I hear ya...she annoys me too....too emotional and whiny....although I guess that's to be expected if you're in a situation like that.
I actually like the Mom character; not perfect, just trying the best she can. Also, if you looked at the preview for next week's episode, if the mother was killed
Spoiler:
you'd lose the angle where apparently the mother allows herself to be raped instead of her daughter.
Tell me that isn't dark and twisted.
Old 01-16-02, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

For some, that would be a reason to off the mom sooner...
Old 01-16-02, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

i think the guys name is Tony.

Also, I hope Gaines isn't going thru all this trouble for revenge. It has to be politically motivated. The amount of money that they are investing and the type of stuff they have indicates someone else is behind the whole thing. Of course they could put a Hollywood twist on it that Gaines has a personal motive and thats why he took the job. I guess we'll see
Old 01-16-02, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by doughelm
I actually like the Mom character; not perfect, just trying the best she can. Also, if you looked at the preview for next week's episode, if the mother was killed
Spoiler:
you'd lose the angle where apparently the mother allows herself to be raped instead of her daughter.
Tell me that isn't dark and twisted.
Yeah, but I'll be extremely surprised if
Spoiler:
either the mom or the daughter are raped.

Old 01-16-02, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

For some, that would be a reason to off the mom sooner...

Yeah, we all know you love Elisha Cuthbert.

Old 01-16-02, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Yeah, we all know you love Elisha Cuthbert.

Like I'm gonna apologize for that!
Old 01-16-02, 09:05 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Holy schnikeys. Great ep. Subconsciously, I knew that they couldn't kill everyone this episode, but at different points in the ep, I thought that Palmer, the wife, and daughter were all gonna bite the big one.

Tony Goatee finally got off his butt in this episode! He and Nina worked great together.

Jack kicks butt. It's actually a blessing that his earpiece got knocked out and he got arrested... I've been wondering how he'd escape Gaines's clutches.

Fire bad!