TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Frasier 1/8

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-02, 11:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Frasier 1/8

Pretty good episode...

Man, Anthony LaPaglia rules... This is the man ( well his character ) who thought William Wallace was a superhero:
"This looks like a job for... Braveheart!"

I never knew that he was Australian.

On a sour note, why do the writers insist on relegating Peri Gilpin ( Roz ) to merely being decor?
Old 01-09-02, 12:23 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
Simon is a great character, this was a fun episode, the mum is going to get smacked at some point I think. I liked the feud frasier has with his upstairs neighbour..

And I agree Roz is excellent in the show and they should use her much more
Old 01-09-02, 12:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I like it when the neighbor dropped the flag while Fraiser ramblin' on!
Old 01-09-02, 12:34 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

bigjim: And I bet you the neighbour will state that he's merely being patriotic in these hard times! ;-)
Old 01-09-02, 09:10 AM

Yes, great episode! I can't wait for the conlusion. The neighbor feud is pretty intresesting. It has always bugged me that Roz, basically an employee of Frasier, is always at his house with nothing to do.

So, is Frasier going to cut a hole in the flag? Hmmm.
Old 01-09-02, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Simon rocks. And that flag coming down on key with Frasier's speech and Niles in awe "how did you do that" was hilarious!
Old 01-09-02, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Rascal
It has always bugged me that Roz, basically an employee of Frasier, is always at his house with nothing to do..
Roz is not an employee of Frasier's. They are both employed by the same radio station and work together. He does not pay her salary, and he is not her boss.

Having been a radio producer in the past I can tell you that I find it surprising they would actually hang out together.
Old 01-09-02, 11:48 AM

Thanks for pointing that out renaldow. My 'basically' qualifier was bad. Although I always had the impression that he is in fact her boss.
Old 01-09-02, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

You know, at the beginning of the show, Roz was actually smart, savvy, and sassy. But over the years, her character has been relegated to sidekick, then as she is now.. a prop. Which to me is terrible because Peri Gilpin is a wonderful comedian. Just check out the episode where she meets the parents of her baby's father. One problem is that in the old days, she had a would be nemesis in Bulldog, but ever since Dan Butler left, it just hasn't been the same for her. Which is why they probably came up with the whole mother routine for her.

Niles and Daphne, as charming as they are have been hogging the spotlight for the last season and a half.

I do like the fact that John Mahoney has gotten stuff to do this season.

How much is NBC paying Kelsey Grammer now? If anything, the cast should get a pay hike.
Old 01-09-02, 12:51 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
I believe Niles - David Hyde Pierce is now getting the same 1mil per ep as Frasier
Old 01-09-02, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Rascal
Thanks for pointing that out renaldow. My 'basically' qualifier was bad. Although I always had the impression that he is in fact her boss.
They've had a few points in the show where they've sort of portrayed it that way, so I can see where you'd get that impression. But then Frasier does a bad job at portraying a radio station to begin with!

In reality Roz would be under someone with a title like Chief Producer or Chief Board Operator who would be responsible for all the producers, and Frasier would be under the Program Director, or whoever was in charge of the on air talent. Of course there's only station manager Kenny who seems to be running the whole show on his own (poor guy) and they only seem to have 4 or 5 on air people 24 hours a day. This whole station is overworked, but from the clothes we see them wearing and from the places that they live in they are definitely all over paid as well, so I guess it's a delicate balance!
Old 01-09-02, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by BadlyDrawnBoy
I believe Niles - David Hyde Pierce is now getting the same 1mil per ep as Frasier
I just read the same thing.