Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

UC Undercover 1/6

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-02, 11:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UC Undercover 1/6

I am really enjoying this show. Every week they seem to have some really cool character actors playing the heavy and each epsiode feels like a 1 hour film. I also really like the 3 main characters and the opening theme.

I enjoyed this week's episode with Wes Studi playing the villain. Did anyone else notice the Last of the Mohicans style music when Studi's character was on screen at the beginning? Coincidence or was that a tribute to his Magua role in that film.

The list of guest stars now includes Kurtwood Smith, Patrick Kilpatrick, Ving Rhames, Wes Studi, Grant Show (Melrose Place), Frank John Hughes and Neal McDonough from Band of Brothers, N'Bushe Wright (Blade), Angie Everheart, William Forsythe (even though he's listed as a regular in the show's opening credits), Tony Todd (Candyman), Steven Bauer (Scarface and Traffic) and next week will have Treat Williams.

That's a very impressive list of guest stars IMO. Does anyone else watch this show on this board? I don't see it discussed too often?
Old 01-08-02, 07:53 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: UC Undercover 1/6

Originally posted by Axl Rose
That's a very impressive list of guest stars IMO. Does anyone else watch this show on this board? I don't see it discussed too often?
I think a lot of people watched it in the beginning. I have no idea if anyone still does. I gave up on it because I found it way too overly dramatic and unrealistic from week to week. I liked the characters a lot, but I couldn't handle the "Look at me!!! I know Jerry Bruckheimer and Michael Bay!!!" style of editing. A character could be doing his freakin' laundry, and the camera would start zooming in and around his face like the world was about to end. Just got too annoying. I watched probably the first 7 episodes and then ultimately ditched it. Haven't heard any discussion about it for a while either.

das
Old 01-08-02, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts
I like this show and am still watching it. I enjoy those mindless action shows like this. Sure, there's not alot of grade A acting on the show, but take it for what it's worth.
Old 01-08-02, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Re: UC Undercover 1/6

Originally posted by Axl Rose
The list of guest stars now includes Kurtwood Smith, Patrick Kilpatrick, Ving Rhames, Wes Studi, Grant Show (Melrose Place)
Trivia... did you know that Grant was originally the lead guy on the show, but was so awful in the pilot that he got canned?
Old 01-08-02, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

was the pilot the first episode showed to me? or is the pilot the show thats shown to men in business suits with nothing better to do than to pick their noses and say Grant wasn't any good?

I thought he was good. I've watched every show. I like it.
Old 01-08-02, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Re: Re: UC Undercover 1/6

Originally posted by BoatDrinks

Trivia... did you know that Grant was originally the lead guy on the show, but was so awful in the pilot that he got canned?
According to the info I read (damn, can't remember where) Jimmy Smits was cast in the lead role, but there was a dispute with ABC and he couldn't do it, so they cast Grant Show only for the pilot, intending to recast the role if it got picked up. Apparently Shane Salerno really wanted an ethnic lead so he they got Oded Fehr.

I love the show (my whole family does) I agree that its like a one hour movie every week. The zooming into the face thing bugs me..not enought to stop watching though.
Old 01-08-02, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts
Re: Re: UC Undercover 1/6

Originally posted by BoatDrinks

wasn't he on the first 3 shows as the unit commander, but then he got shot and killed? Oded Fehr took over for him.
Old 01-09-02, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally posted by IdgIe49
was the pilot the first episode showed to me? or is the pilot the show thats shown to men in business suits with nothing better to do than to pick their noses and say Grant wasn't any good?

I thought he was good. I've watched every show. I like it.

A pilot, whats a pilot ?