Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

UPN Buffy - Season 6

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-01, 06:16 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
UPN Buffy - Season 6

With FX Buffy wound down for its first run of season 1 through 5, (But remember that Season 1 starts anew on 1/1/02 on FX), I figure we should turn our attention back to Season 6 and speculation with the Big Bad for the season.

How about this for the Big Bad:

Spoiler:
Spike returns to his evil ways (somehow the chip gets deactivated by Riley once he find out that Spike and Buffy are an item to expose Spike for the evil he represents) and Buffy has to find a way to balance the feelings she has for Spike with stopping his evil ways. It's sort of like the Season 2 ender, but not quite.

I know, lame Big bad.
Old 12-31-01, 10:48 AM
MrN
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't think they would do that, because:
1) Its too much like season 2
2) Buffy doesn't love Spike, so she'd kill him first chance she got - no drama/story potential there.

I'm still betting on Willow going bad - maybe she'll go join the 3 geeks?
Old 12-31-01, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I think you're severely downplaying all of the character development for Spike from Season 4 until now. Buffy would not just spike Spike if she could at this time. Spike has been there for Buffy and Dawn on many ocassions (he took a beating from Glory in order to prevent Dawn from being discovered, and Buffy acknowledged his sacrifice). To have to kill Spike now would be a hard choice for Buffy now.
Old 12-31-01, 06:50 PM
MrN

True, but if Spike went evil I don't think she has a choice. Because every one Spike kills will be on her conscience. At best she will try to get the chip working again.

At any rate, killing Spike will be a lot easier than killing Angel.
Old 12-31-01, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

At this point in time, I don't think it's automatic that Buffy would have to kill Spike if the chip malfunctioned, allowing him to act against humans if he choose to. Spike has many "chits" in trade with Buffy by his actions in defending her and Dawn. Buffy would not just stake him the moment the chip effect went away.

But I have full confidence that the writers would have to frame the situation between having Buffy kill Spike, and also killing a little bit of herself in the process a la Angel.
Old 01-01-02, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I think we'll get a new big bad.... but I think
Spoiler:
Anya will turn evil again, and may pose a threat...or be easily dispatched... also, i think Williow is going to go bad very very soon....
we'll see....

MATT
Old 01-02-02, 10:02 AM

I watched "Welcome to Hellmouth" on FX yesterday afternoon and then watched Season 6's "Flooded" as UPN's repeat. These two episodes made me realize how dark things have turned this year. I believe that Tara will die this year (Amber Benson's contact expires), perhaps at the hands of Willow. I only hope that the season ends on an uplifting note (Anya and Xander's wedding) instead of a downer.
Old 01-02-02, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I also don't think they will turn to Buffy killing Spike. I actually like their relation and although Buffy may not really be in love with Spike I can see this happening.

Willow can definitely turn bad. Last night's repeat glimpsed at her arrogance which is never a good sign.

And Anya and Xander will probably get married in the end.
Old 01-02-02, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I hope that Riley returns as a vampire. He's pathetic enough to think that would be the way to get Buffy to love him, especially if he hears about her and Spike.

Plus he likes getting sucked by them, maybe he'll suck back and become one.
Old 01-02-02, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I'm pretty certain that Riley will not return as a vampire. But he may freak out when he see Buffy's new hairdo.
Old 01-02-02, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

How to say this without sounding like a jackass ...

You put "Spoilers!" in threads that discuss episodes that have already aired yet do nothing about what is a genuine spoiler. I'm honestly not trying to be argumentative, but I really don't know what threads are safe to click on anymore. The title of this one seemed harmless enough, but I have now learned two genuine spoiling pieces of information that I did not want to know.

das
Old 01-02-02, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Well, if you read MY initial post, and none of the others, you'd know it was about SPECULATION of the current Buffy season. If you choose to read further, then you opened yourself up to spoilers and would pick up on the Riley "spoiler" that I did not bring up.
Old 01-02-02, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I said "I hope" Riley comes back as a vampire. How is that a spoiler?

I could say I hope Faith comes back as a vampire too, but it doesn't mean it's happening.
Old 01-02-02, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I don't know how
Spoiler:
"I'm pretty certain that Riley will not return as a vampire. But he may freak out when he see Buffy's new hairdo."
comes under the category speculation. Whatever. I'm really not trying to be a dick here ... just that before reading that post, I was unaware of these things. I can't now simply "forget" it. We can argue semantics until the cows come home, but I did read your first post and intentionally did not click on that link. But when you say
Spoiler:
A cast member is returning
and then say
Spoiler:
I'm certain Riley will not return as a vampire
. And simply discussing speculation of the Big Bad does not dismiss this thread from spoiler material. Look, I'm not trying to get mad or make accusations or piss anyone off. I just don't want things spoiled for me. The only way I know to prevent this is to say something when someone does it in hopes that it won't happen again. I know to avoid a dated thread on a show I haven't seen. I know to avoid blacked out text. I do not know how to avoid the manner in which this was spoiled.

Hey, if I'm wrong, and you guys really are speculating about something you don't really know is going to happen, then I apologize. But I honestly don't see that as the case. It appears more that you are talking about something you know is going to happen
Spoiler:
Riley's return, Buffy's hair change
and hiding behind the apparent semantics of the post. Again, not trying to stir up trouble. I just honestly don't want to know these things.

das

Last edited by das Monkey; 01-02-02 at 01:23 PM.
Old 01-02-02, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Considering that you not only clicked on to this thread but also posted to it, I figured that you were somewhat monitoring what was going on in that thread which did reveal the precious info on the
Spoiler:
new hairdo
. Plus, I must confess that I don't post everything for you personally, and you must take it as that. I post it for fans of the show, and they can do what they want with the info or be really stuck in an info vacuum (surfing the web is not the best way to stay ignorant of "spoilers".)

Also, the way I wrote my
Spoiler:
Riley spoiler
was in response to Jad's conjecture, and the only spoiler was the
Spoiler:
new hairdo
quip. Now if you inferred that
Spoiler:
Riley was coming back
, that's totally your problem.
Old 01-02-02, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Well, if
Spoiler:
Riley's not coming back
, then I have completely misinterpreted the situation and fully apologize. There's no reason I should have expected a spoiler in either of these threads, so my clicking and/or posting on them should have no relevance. As you've maintained in our discussion on spoilers it's not hard to enclose something in tags. Regardless of where I read or posted, someone else could easily have read these two comments and gained the same impression I did.

I know you don't post for me, personally, but the whole point of the SPOILER tag is to share info with some without sharing with everyone. Claiming that it is my fault for "surfing the web" is a little unfair I think. I fail to see how I've misinterpreted this as in one thread you say
Spoiler:
someone's coming back
and then make reference to
Spoiler:
Riley's return
as if it's a foregone conclusion, but I'll take you at your word that this is totally my problem and enter into the coming episodes with as open a mind as I can. In the future, I humbly as that you try to separate speculation from things you know to be true. From my perspective it appears that you're spoiling something and now hiding behind a speculation defense. Again, though, I take you at your word that you are not. I just don't want TV Talk to become a place where I avoid any and all Buffy discussion because people are unable to separate spoilers from discussion of previous episodes.

das
Old 01-02-02, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally posted by Patman
Well, if you read MY initial post, and none of the others, you'd know it was about SPECULATION of the current Buffy season. If you choose to read further, then you opened yourself up to spoilers and would pick up on the Riley "spoiler" that I did not bring up.
No, no and no. Sorry, but that is such an uncool attitude. Why is it so hard to mark spoilers. Just because I was interested in your speculation and contributing some of my own, DOESN'T mean I want to be spoiled by what others already know about the season. Should I not be able to read any Buffy threads on this board because since it's about Buffy, spoilers are allowed? If so, then don't expect any more contributions from me in any Buffy threads. I will avoid them if there are spoilers.

All you have to do is hide text that talks about stuff that hasn't aired yet. It's not hard, and it does many on here a great service. I agree with Das Monkey in that if you post something that says "Spoilers for upcoming eps" or a review of an ep I have not seen, it is MY job to avoid being spoiled. But if there is no mention of that, I shouldn't have to worry about being spoiled. It's just common courtesy, man.

Okay, I'm done.

X
Old 01-02-02, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

You know what? I think I'll be going back to my old style of spoilerizing everything I discuss around here because I can't seem to win either way around here. I'll just slap on the spoiler condom and try to enjoy myself here as much as I can.

If you surf, you will come into contact with info, and be that as it may, sometimes it will spoil certain shows for you, but it's like biting into that fruit of knowledge, it'll bite you back.

If you get all bent out of shape on learning of a future change in a major character's hairdo, how lightly do we have to tread around here?

If you want to know the truth of about Riley, read below. If you read it, that's your decision. If the previous Riley "spoiler" does or doesn't comes true, I don't want to have any more "guilt" of your loss of discovery for any more upcoming episodes:

Spoiler:
Riley does come back (for a short stint, maybe just one episode - this was announced by Joss Whedon of all people, he wants the fans of Buffy to know about this!), and he's changed, he's not a vampire, but he's probably not entirely human anymore.

Also, you can only read the text below if you read the spoiler above (reading one will confirm the other):

Spoiler:
I'm sorry for spoiling the Riley thing, it seemed like common knowledge to most Buffy fans due to the interview with Joss, mainly about the upcoming Buffy Season 1 DVD set, and the current season. Joss would not have revealed it if he didn't want to stir up the publicity machine to get the fans a little more interested in the upcoming episodes for season six.
Old 01-02-02, 04:20 PM

Darth Vader is Luke Skywalker's father!
Old 01-02-02, 05:38 PM

Can I just talk about Buffy without cool black lines and spoiler info - I promise to censor any nudity ??

I just saw Flooded last night for the first time (it aired months ago so I'm not spoiling anything for anyone with electricity) and here's my $0.02:

Big Bad will be the Troika...It seemed to me last night that Warren is the way big bad - he gave the info on Buffy to the demon w/o thinking twice and then lied to his gang about it..meanwhile the other 2 were practically peeing their pants worried about the demon and/or Buffy kicking their asses..That saying about never crossing a woman scorned and all that, well - don't underestimate the "evil-ness" of a loser geek scorned. He probably sees Buffy as responsible for the loss of the one girlfriend (that wasn't battery powered) he had and shows no remorse or second thoughts at any of his actions - Jonathan and flying monkey boy are just drunk with power. It will also be interesting to see these guys brought down as it will be more "traditional" (more cops - less goo) than most on Buffy.

Willow - can someone tell me why she wasn't locked up right after those comments to Giles? "I'm a very powerful witch and maybe you shouldn't piss me off" (paraphrasing). I mean Giles really - leave Buffy on her own to deal with adult problems like bills and home repair, but you left her with a witch possibly gone "bad" under her roof -- not cool.

So - that's my $0.02...sorry if its been discusssed to death when Flooded first aired by I just got UPN last week so missed a bunch of this season..

~~Lisa
Old 01-02-02, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by kaisha no saru
I just got UPN last week so missed a bunch of this season..

~~Lisa
You and me both. I still don't know what to think about the Lone Gunmen, but I would guess we'll find out what they're up to soon. I'd like it to be a case of them really trying to help out or something, because it seems so odd that Jonathan would be antagonistic toward Buffy after all she did for him.

As for Willow, it seems like things have been uneven across the board for her this season. I'm really not sure what to think about it anymore, especially after the last new episode. I'm pretty much keeping all opinions in check until seeing this upcoming new episode. Maybe things will be made more clear, because right now, I'm a little lost with where they are going with some of these stories.

das
Old 01-03-02, 07:37 AM
MrN

I think the geeks are mostly comic relief for the season and something drastic has to happen for them to the 'big bad.' But then things like that happen on Buffy all the time, so who knows.

My guess is still Willow, even though the last episoded seemed to have wrapped up her story.

The next episode will be the half-way point, so I really hope we start seeing where the season is heading...
Old 01-03-02, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts
Maybe Willow will team up with the Troika to try to kill Buffy. And I agree that Warren seems more ready to do real "evil" than the other two, epecially Jonathan, and especially when dealing with Buffy. He KNOWS that she's a good guy. Warren and Andrew don't know as much about her and therefore don't care as much about what happens to her.

X
Old 01-03-02, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Xander
Maybe Willow will team up with the Troika to try to kill Buffy. And I agree that Warren seems more ready to do real "evil" than the other two, epecially Jonathan, and especially when dealing with Buffy. He KNOWS that she's a good guy. Warren and Andrew don't know as much about her and therefore don't care as much about what happens to her.

X
Maybe Jonathan is infiltrating the group in hopes of saving the day and once more seeing Buffy in that hairdo/outfit from Earshot.

das
Old 01-03-02, 02:14 PM

major spoilers at AICN

as per subject, major news flash (well, some major - some minor) spoilers posted at AICN.

I'd rather send you there than screw up the spoiler tags and get punished for life for it

AICN Buffy 2002 Spoilers

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.