Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Goodbye Emeril and Inside Schwartz

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-01, 07:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts
Goodbye Emeril and Inside Schwartz

Goodbye to Emeril and Inside Schwartz .... I hardly knew ya'll.
I don't know what NBC's problem is. Friend's streak of a monstrous lead-in is not going to last forever.(though Survivor is deservedly faltering). Friends might not last past this season (hopefully they will all resign). They need to make better shows or place good exisiting shows (NewRadio comes to mind from a few years back but NBC never pulled the trigger on that) in that "walk the dog" slot. Millions will watch but fewer will move with the 8:30pm Thursday show i.e. Suddenly Susan, Caroline in the City, Union Square. They need to keep a show, a good show in that time slot for 2 or three season before even deciding to move it. Scrubs was given a chance and only did marginally better in that slot than Inside Schwartz. Also, I don't think NBC wants to put a hospital comedy on the same night as ER .... just the juxaposition seems odd.
Reruns of Friends and/or W&G do better than original episodes of of Inside. So perhaps people want their friends there.
---------------------------------
http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/ap/2001...omedies_1.html

Last edited by chowderhead; 12-23-01 at 07:30 AM.
Old 12-23-01, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Inside Schwartz wasn't bad, either. NBC needs to give someone a chance on that slot.
Old 12-23-01, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Don't let the door hit your asses on the way out.

I agree, tho, Schwartz wasn't bad, but I couldn't see it lasting the whole season or much past that.

das
Old 12-23-01, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
Originally posted by tygloalex
Inside Schwartz wasn't bad, either. NBC needs to give someone a chance on that slot.
damn it! this after-friends slot is the kiss of death! I liked inside schwartz somewhat, but I was really pissed last year when the Weber show got canned. That show was great.
Old 12-23-01, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I agree with the notion that NBC should just decide on a show in the after-Friends slot and keep it there for a couple of seasons. Let it build up an audience of its own (I'm talking about an audience that aren't just watching it because it is after friends and are too lazy to change the channel) and THEN move it to another night.
Old 12-23-01, 11:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Depends on the show. Will & Grace does well after the overrated Friends. Of course, W&G is a quality show unlike some of the other drivel on NBC.
Old 12-24-01, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Poor Emeril, now he only has 2 shows on TV....
Old 12-24-01, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Figures...I liked Inside Schwartz. Oh well, fun while it lasted.
Old 12-24-01, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

DAMN IT! I liked Inside Schwartz. DAMN! All the shows I like get canceled. Wasn't Veronica's Closet on after Friends? I liked it. Have to watch the USA Network to see the last few episodes that NBC didn't even have the decency to air! How about Jessie? Liked it too. Did Caroline start out after Friends? I think at least it was able to last longer than the others. I loved Caroline in the City - great show.

I am probably also one of the few people here that does not want to see Friends go off the air next year though.
Old 12-24-01, 08:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Goodbye Emeril and Inside Schwartz

Originally posted by chowderhead
Millions will watch but fewer will move with the 8:30pm Thursday show i.e. Suddenly Susan, Caroline in the City, Union Square. They need to keep a show, a good show in that time slot for 2 or three season before even deciding to move it.
Veronica's Closet got the same. They moved it witht he already failing Suddenly Susan to Monday nights. ACK! NBC YOU SUCK! WHo knows WHAT they will do if Friends goes bye bye. I sense them maybe moving Frasier to Thursday, but that only leaves them with Frasier, W&G, and ER.

Did not I hear Just Shoot Me is going away soon?
Old 12-27-01, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

If you ask me, Just Shoot Me is the definition of "Bad Sitcom."

The Simpsons did a good parody of a couple bad sitcoms in that episode where the kids of Springfield weren't allowed to stay out after 6pm or something.
Old 12-27-01, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by BizRodian
If you ask me, Just Shoot Me is the definition of "Bad Sitcom."
I don't mind it, but I wouldn't miss it either if it left the lineup. I did enjoy the Tiffani-Amber Thiessen guest spots though.
Old 12-28-01, 01:44 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well, I only watch two shows on TV so I don't know much about all the sitcoms. I only catch them when someone else is watching them and I'm in the room.
Old 12-28-01, 03:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Although I didn't like Inside Schwartz, I agree that NBC should give the shows some time to gain an audience. I also liked Caroline in the City, Veronica's Closet, and Suddenly Susan, and even the Single Guy.

Matt
Old 12-29-01, 04:02 AM

Originally posted by tygloalex

Inside Schwartz wasn't bad...
It wasn't good either. Just a dumb jock show with a laugh track.
Old 12-29-01, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Well, some of us happen to disagree. I thought the episode on Thursday about breakup sex was a blast. It's really too bad they're gonna let it go.
Old 12-29-01, 06:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by MvRojo
Although I didn't like Inside Schwartz, I agree that NBC should give the shows some time to gain an audience. I also liked Caroline in the City, Veronica's Closet, and Suddenly Susan, and even the Single Guy.
I agree. I also liked and watched all those (including the Single Guy). NBC needs to give some shows a chance. Well, I guess they will be forced to once Friends goes off the air, or even ER, Frasier, etc.
Old 12-29-01, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by valkyrie
Well, some of us happen to disagree. I thought the episode on Thursday about breakup sex was a blast. It's really too bad they're gonna let it go.
I agree! I missed it on my NBC, so I Tivo'd it from the LA feed and watched it the other day. Very funny ep! I wonder if NBC is going to air all of the episodes that were filmed? Or will there be some unaired ones floating around like with Veronica's Closet? I think it is sick that NBC won't even run say a series finale for Veronica's Closet - it was on for three years. Oh well. NBC will never learn it seems.
Old 12-29-01, 10:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Well, they still seem to be showing some episodes. My ReplayTV guide shows this coming week's IS as a new one. Maybe they'll continue to show the ones that were filmed. Here's to hoping.
Old 12-30-01, 12:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yes, I have put a season pass on it in my Tivo now so I make sure I don't miss the last eps.

According to epguides.com, these are all the filmed episodes:

1. 1- 1 1AFP79 27 Sep 01 Pilot
2. 1- 2 1AFP01 4 Oct 01 Let's Go to the Videotape
3. 1- 3 1AFP03 18 Oct 01 The Pinch Hitter
4. 1- 4 1AFP07 25 Oct 01 Event Night
5. 1- 5 1AFP09 29 Nov 01 Comic Relief Pitcher
6. 1- 6 1AFP10 6 Dec 01 Roommates
7. 1- 7 1AFP11 20 Dec 01 Play-Action Fake Boyfriend
8. 1- 8 1AFP12 27 Dec 01 Eve's Date with Schwartz's Destiny
9. 1- 9 1AFP08 3 Jan 02 Kissing Cousin
10. 1-10 1AFP02 UNAIRED Service, Schwartz
11. 1-11 1AFP06 UNAIRED He Ain't Funny
12. 1-12 1AFP05 UNAIRED The Rebound
13. 1-13 1AFP04 UNAIRED Bless Me Father

And Yahoo! TV only lists this one for the next 14 days:
Inside Schwartz - "Kissing Cousin"
WPXI, Thu Jan 03 08:30pm EST

I hope they air the last four. I assume it is being replaced by Julia Louis-Dreyfus's new sitcom "Meeting Ellie" or something like that (was originally titled "22 Minutes with Eleanor Riggs"). I don't remember when they said that is premiering but they have started the promo commercials.
Old 01-05-02, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well it looks like NBC won't be burning off the last taped episodes of Inside Schwartz! BOOOO AND HISSSSSS to them.