Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

24 - Hour 6

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-01, 08:47 PM

Received 112 Likes on 91 Posts
24 - Hour 6

Holy *****!

Ok...so who called it? (You know what I'm talking about).

Old 12-18-01, 08:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts
I had a feeling it was going to happen. It is a great show.
Old 12-18-01, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts
I love this show! I really haven't been this engrossed in a show in such a long time!
Spoiler:
The wifes reaction was great! I hope she beats the guy senseless with her cell phone!

I always keep saying...what would this show do without cell phones!

Neitzl
Old 12-18-01, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts
It would be called one hour without cell phones.

Last edited by Michael T Hudson; 12-18-01 at 09:10 PM.
Old 12-18-01, 09:08 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I called it, but it's only because I read Kiefer's big spoilers in the first 24 thread. Doesn't anyone monitor the heart rates of people in ICU? Wasn't that where the girl was? Where the hell were medical personnel? Ah, whateva.

And we gotta wait 'til JANUARY until our next new episode? NOOOOOOOOO... oh, wait. That's only in a few weeks. Got it. I wish they'd quit revealing so much in the previews. I would have liked to have not seen
Spoiler:
Kiefer pulling a gun on Nina.

I guess they've gotta ride the line between keeping the suspense and keeping ratings high, though.

I wonder what Kiefer will do without his cell?!

Fire bad!
Old 12-18-01, 09:25 PM
AJW
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I called it including who was in the trunk of the car.

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=165801
Old 12-18-01, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

this show is getting better and better each week. all of this makes me wonder what they will do at the season's end and how they will resolve the whole thing. i agree with the preview i think are showing too much. the whole cliffhanger thing this week doens't do me much good when i know that in january...well i can't say now cause i can't figure out how to spoiler something.
Old 12-18-01, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Static Cling
I wish they'd quit revealing so much in the previews. I would have liked to have not seen
Spoiler:
Kiefer pulling a gun on Nina.

I guess they've gotta ride the line between keeping the suspense and keeping ratings high, though.
Dude, tell me about it! btw, aren't you s'posed to be on sabbatical from dvdtalk for awhile?

Anyway, this week's episode was IMO maybe the best so far... the emotional level that the characters are reaching is peaking, and also we've known them long enough now to really care. I was really affected when
Spoiler:
Keifer tells his wife what is going on, and she nearly collapses and just stands in his arms weeping for several minutes. Awesome.
I'm also more impressed than ever with the show's technical merits- editing, camerawork, cinematography, set design, everything. It really is better than anything I've ever seen on TV and as good as the best movies. This week, at the end of the episode, when they split the screen into four sections to show where they were leaving us with each thread... damn, I was buggin out.

BUT, as you said, the "trailers" for the next episode revealed too much. I haven't been bothered by them before this week, but tonight's were just terrible. The example you listed was bad. Worse, IMO, was showing
Spoiler:
the fake dad guy looking all beat up and saying something which obviously indicated that Terry had gotten the better of him somehow. Of course, he was saying something that makes you realize that she unfortunately isn't through with him just yet, but still...
. Your example and mine are really going to stick in my mind more than any other "spoilers" that I've had to try to forget so far.
Old 12-18-01, 10:26 PM

Originally posted by kevin75
this show is getting better and better each week. all of this makes me wonder what they will do at the season's end and how they will resolve the whole thing. i agree with the preview i think are showing too much. the whole cliffhanger thing this week doens't do me much good when i know that in january...well i can't say now cause i can't figure out how to spoiler something.
kevin, like most posting "tricks" here at dvdtalk, the method of "masking" a spoiler is easily figured out by *quoting* someone else's post. If you quote my post above, you'll see how I hid my spoilers behind the black bars.
Old 12-19-01, 12:18 AM

I'm pretty proud of myself as I think I was one of the first to call "it", way back after the first episode:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=156845

And prior to Sutherland's spoiler. But I still need to find out if my other thought about Jack's boss will be right.

But anyway, this episode was the the best so far.
Old 12-19-01, 08:34 AM

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts
I wonder what Kiefer will do without his cell?!
Not really a spoiler, since it's just my guess, but:

Spoiler:
I think he still has it. You never saw it hit the ground or fly out the window, just saw him fling his arm. I bet he slid it up his jacket sleeve. You did see him turn it off, which is why it didn't ring when his wife tried to call.
Old 12-19-01, 08:57 AM

Received 112 Likes on 91 Posts
Originally posted by bralph

Spoiler:
I think he still has it. You never saw it hit the ground or fly out the window, just saw him fling his arm. I bet he slid it up his jacket sleeve. You did see him turn it off, which is why it didn't ring when his wife tried to call.
Yup, I was thinking the same thing.
Old 12-19-01, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I don;t stick around for the previews...because I know that they'll spoil something. So instead of watching them, why not turn the channel? Just my thought...

But yeah, what a great episode!
Old 12-19-01, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Personally, I thought the episode sucked...until the last 15 minutes.

A couple questions:

Why the hell did the guy start digging the grave like 30 feet away? Why not just dig right where the dead body is? That way, you don't have to drag the dead body 30 feet to throw it into the hole...

Umm, hello? Anybody monitoring this patient? She's flatlining...

Why didn't anybody bother to ID Janet's alleged dad? Jack seemed a little suspicious of him when he started interrogating him, why not go a little further and just ask him for his ID? Sure, he could have a fake ID...but maybe he wouldn't. Regardless, I would think that the hospital staff would at least ask him for his ID....anyway, like I said, maybe he has a fake ID or something.

That sucks that Palmer's wife lied to him about their son killing the daughter's murderer. What is a relationship without trust!?!?

Personally, I thought Jack's wife's reaction to him telling her about Palmer's possible assassination and the tie-in with their daughter's kidnapping was a bit over the top...but that's just me.

I'm getting the feeling that the one woman in the Agency (not Nina, the computer girl) is a bad guy....you know how she didn't like it when Nina said that Jack wanted her to stop working on the card thing and work on the IDing of the dead body instead....and then how the third party consultant guy asked her if she did something (which was supposedly the fastest and best way to do it) and she said "no". Something's not quite right with her. She's making me suspicious.

I loved how they ended the show....with Nina calling Jack's wife and telling her the identity of the dead body....

Don't let my let you think that I don't like the show. I love it. I just thought I'd throw some stuff out there....it's good to play devil's advocate once in awhile.

Old 12-19-01, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I can't remember if I called the dad switcheroo, but I figure that you don't waste "the Sentinel" on a bit character like a dad, so it made sense...finally.

I do find it interesting so much attention has been paid to Bauer and his family....someone in Bauer's past obviously has an axe to grind.

Another interesting development was the revelation of the black "Hillary Rodham Clinton" wannabe wife of David Palmer, that poor sap.

I'm not sure if Jamie is a baddie, but at this point, with so much buildup of Nina being a baddie in the 1st 3 hours, it wouldn't shock me if Jamie turned out to be a hacker mole in the CTU.

Jack's daughter is a hottie (sorry, it needed to be said).
Old 12-19-01, 10:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by bralph

Spoiler:
Although...
Spoiler:
the closed captioning had a tag for [cell phone hitting ground], although there was no audio for it on the soundtrack. Also, didn't he see two guys in another car watching him? I think they would have busted him if he hadn't actually thrown it.
Old 12-19-01, 11:38 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
I have a question. A few weeks ago Kiefer Sutherland was on the Tonight Show and apparently gave out a major spoiler for the show. I didn't see the show and I don't want to know what he said unless that spoiler's already been revealed on the show. Has it? And if so, what did he say?

Fake Dad does have a Fake ID. He produced it two episodes ago for the cop.
Old 12-20-01, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,399 Likes on 951 Posts
wow, I was majorly impressed with the show tonight. I kind of had a feeling something was going on about mid-way through it. Sucks that we have to wait until January for new episodes, but this show is slowly becoming on of my favorites. Thank god for Tivo, cuz I hate shows that build on top of the previous one.
Old 12-20-01, 12:09 PM
Admin Emeritus

Originally posted by Groucho
I have a question. A few weeks ago Kiefer Sutherland was on the Tonight Show and apparently gave out a major spoiler for the show. I didn't see the show and I don't want to know what he said unless that spoiler's already been revealed on the show. Has it? And if so, what did he say?

I'm guessing you mean you didn't see this show (Hour 6), and you're wondering if his spoiler's already been revealed? Sort of, but not really. Pretty darn close. I say, give it another two or three hours, and we should be there.

Fire bad!
Old 12-20-01, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Groucho

That's what I couldn't remember...if he had given him an ID or not....I know they told the cop that they had called 911 earlier and asked him to verify with dispatch or whoever that they did call 911. I couldn't remember if the fake dad gave him an ID or if the cop just called in to verify that there had been a call to 911....so I guess he did give him a fake ID then, huh?

Old 12-21-01, 12:40 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

with all this crap going on, wouldn't it have just been easier for the terrorists to kill or kidnap jack to get him out of the way? it seems like they're going through 3 times as much hassle to kidnap his daughter and use it against him.
Old 12-21-01, 04:55 AM

Originally posted by monkeyboy
with all this crap going on, wouldn't it have just been easier for the terrorists to kill or kidnap jack to get him out of the way? it seems like they're going through 3 times as much hassle to kidnap his daughter and use it against him.
Yeah but wouldn't it be better to setup the head (is he the top guy?) of the CTU to be the assassin? This show rocks, so many twists and turns. Can't wait for the 24 hour marathon so you can see the show in real time for 24 straight hours!
Old 12-21-01, 10:36 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

I'm guessing you mean you didn't see this show (Hour 6), and you're wondering if his spoiler's already been revealed? Sort of, but not really. Pretty darn close. I say, give it another two or three hours, and we should be there.
I've seen all the episodes of 24, I just didn't see the Sutherland interview where he gave out the spoiler. I'm curious to hear what he said once the spoiler has been revealed on the show itself.

I'm shocked that he gave something away that hasn't even happened in the first 6 episodes. What a dip!
Old 12-21-01, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by TritonDrew

Yeah but wouldn't it be better to setup the head (is he the top guy?) of the CTU to be the assassin? This show rocks, so many twists and turns. Can't wait for the 24 hour marathon so you can see the show in real time for 24 straight hours!
yeah, i guess. i'm sure it'll all make sense further down the line. are they having a 24 hour marathon?
Old 12-22-01, 12:25 PM

Originally posted by monkeyboy
I dunno... I mean, if they killed Jack, wouldn't the CTU just get another person to head the investigation? Then, of course, the terrorists would have to kill that person, so the CTU would bring in another, etc. etc.

I think it makes sense for them to keep him alive and bait him along... as TritonDrew speculated, maybe they'll set up Jack as the assassin

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.