Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Amazing Race 12/13

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-01, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amazing Race 12/13

Well let's hear your predictions for tonight's final show.

I don't think it's possible for team guido to make up a day and catch the other teams. Especially since they are now in the US and will stay in the US.

It looks like they will end in NY, where they started.

So team guido will come in last !
(I hate these guys)

1st and 2nd place will be very close, as it's been lately.

But since at the end of the last show they showed them in NY city and the lawyers made a reference about it being Frank & Margerita's hometown, I am predicting Frank & Margerita to win and the laweyrs to come in second place.

Here's an interesting article about the show:
http://www.usatoday.com/life/lear.htm

It says next show will have 12 teams instead of 11, so one team will be eliminated each eposide. Thank god.
Old 12-13-01, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

i'm thinking that frank and margarita have homecourt advantage so i think they'll win.

i hope team guido gets stuck on that ice wall in alaska
Old 12-13-01, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

i hope frank and margarita win too, they deserve it most, the lawyers are so bland and i kept forgetting they were on the show until it got down to the last 3-4 teams, plus they are lawyers so they are going to make alot of money anyway
Old 12-13-01, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Frank and Margarita
Old 12-13-01, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well... I was rooting for the lawyers from the first round (which they won) and they stayed my favourites until the end. I agree that they are quite bland (and they are lawyers) but they were pretty much the only ones that were trying to think before they would rush into some action and then end up fighting like pretty much all the other teams. Guido's were trying to be like this, only they are too full of themselves and they are sore losers...

I'll be rooting for the lawyers.
Old 12-13-01, 06:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well, the two teams I was rooting for (Kevin/Drew, Nancy/Emily) got eliminated, but I wish them the best.

I am NOT rooting for Team Greedo.
Old 12-13-01, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Given it's the season finale, I will keep the spoilers until the show airs on the west coast.

I have to say that this was the BEST finale of a reality tv show that I ever saw!!
The editing of the final half of the show, since they got to NY, was fabulous and the ending almost made me cry.
I was generally put off by Frank's cockyness and this episode was no exception. But in the end, I did feel kind of sorry for them.
The moments when they were looking out the window from the train not knowing which place they are, while the lawyers were running towards victory were fabulous. The music was incredibly appropriate as well. (was it Enya?)

My favourite team won in the end so I'm happy. This compensates for my ever-wrong picks in Survivor :-). They were competitive but fair and I really liked the way they thought of getting a cell phone to reserve seats on their way to the airport. In the end it didn't matte, it was all about luck, but I guess they were finally lucky to get a good cabbie.

Finally, it was absolutely HILLARIOUS how they kept the Guido's going and hoping till the last moment and in the end, they were the only team not present for the final celebration at the end of the race, but were rather looking like the team finishing last, that everybody forgets or doesn't give a damn about. It looked like the producers felt the way the public will feel about them and gave them their right "reward". I was laughing out loud when they read that the race is over!!

Last edited by Gandalf; 12-14-01 at 07:21 AM.
Old 12-13-01, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I too admit that I started to tear up when the music from Gladiator started playing as both teams raced for Shea Stadium. All I can say is.... WHAT A FINISH!... Frank and Margarita were just too darned cocky at the end, and that probably cost them the race.

I just loved how Guido started to lose it in Alaska, and how they were droning on about Bill Clinton, etc... The part I loved the most was seeing them open that last envelope in Alaska and reding that Rob and Brennan had crossed the finish line. Bwahahahahahahahahaha. They were left "out in the cold" ba dum bum, while the editing department cut back to all of the other teams standing in a group and waving to the camera.

Last edited by Iron Chef; 12-14-01 at 07:58 AM.
Old 12-14-01, 07:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

What a great finish to a great show !

I wanted Kevin & Drew to win from episode 1 but after they were eliminated I wanted Frank & Maragrita to win. They could have used the money more than the lawyers.

In the end it came down to a cab race. I'm surprised that F & M's cab got there second. They knew the shortest route to Queens.

Watching team greedo in Alaska talking about how they were going to make a comeback was too funny. The having them read the telegram that the race was over was priceless !

I can't wait for the next race and for the DVD.
Old 12-14-01, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I think what lost Frank and Margarita the race was when Frank was dicking around with the cab switch once they got out of the airport. That was the precious 2 minutes that enabled the Lawyer guys to make the 7 train, and prevented F&M from doing the same.

It would have been totally awsome if it came down to a foot race at the end, with "Chariots of Fire" music playing in the background. If they were to have happened, I'm certain the lawyer guys would have been able to beat F&M (due to M's slowness) in a sprint to the finish. That would have been the most dramatic finish the producers could have asked for.

All in all a fun show to watch. And I'll watch Amazing Race II next year.
Old 12-14-01, 07:54 AM

Wow that was a good show! I was standing in my living room yelling at the television it had me so pumped. Frank's ex-wife jumping around in the train was kinda weird, I bet Frank smacks her a good one when they get home. You could tell during times when he went ballistic that he was holding back on hitting her (imho).

I also didn't understand why Frank suddenly hated the lawyers and needed to badmouth them. Hell, their flashlight batteries went dead, they can't exactly roam around in pitch black looking for yellow flags.

Maybe if Frank would've concentrated more on winning instead of forcing the lawyers to go wrong directions, he might have crossed the finish first.

Tell ya the truth, I wanted to see a footrace! Wouldn't that be slick, both teams trucking down the sidewalk for a win...
Old 12-14-01, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

homeslice,

In one of the early episodes F & M , the lawyers and another team (which I can't remember) made a pact to help each other out. Then an episode or 2 later, F & M and the lawyers were leaving at almost the same time (the lawyers left about a minute before F & M) and there were 2 cabs there. The lawyers took one cab and told the other cab to leave. F & M saw him doing this and got pissed.

Since then they didn't get along too well.

I agree that wasting time switching cabs at Newark was costly.
Old 12-14-01, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Struz

I can't wait for the next race and for the DVD.
Actually this is one show I would enjoy on DVD, too. It had plenty of funny moments, the places that they visited are worth seeing again, and I bet I could amuse a lot of my friends who have no idea about this show, by showing them highlights of the best parts.
Old 12-14-01, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Does only the first place team win any money? I know on survivor a lot of teams get something. Anyone know?
Old 12-14-01, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by saoirse
Does only the first place team win any money? I know on survivor a lot of teams get something. Anyone know?
I'm pretty sure only the winning team wins 1 million.
Old 12-14-01, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I am quite happy with the outcome....and glad that guido was the only team not there in the end (missed the final photo) ....ha, ha, ha....
Old 12-14-01, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Very good stuff. Watching Margarita hopping up and down on the 7 Train was priceless.

das
Old 12-14-01, 02:17 PM

damn, will this air again?