Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

24 - Hour 5

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-01, 08:17 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
24 - Hour 5

It just started. Post your comments here!

Anyone else find it interesting that, when the nurse asked what the name of the girl Jack's wife and Mr. York were looking for, Jack's wife said both names?

Long-term spoiler
Spoiler:
The guy with Jack's wife is possibly a bad guy... this is why he didn't say his "daughter's" name... maybe he forgot temporarily, or he doesn't know. According to Mighty Big TV (www.mightybigtv.com), in Hour 1, Jack's wife called the York house after finding an e-mail from Janet York about where they were going to sneak off to. Maybe "Mr. York" broke into the Yorks' place, got rid of the real Yorks, and answered the phone when Jack's wife called.

Fire bad!
Old 12-11-01, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You might be on to something here.
Spoiler:
He did make a point about staying with here until her daughter was found no matter what.?
Old 12-11-01, 09:39 PM
AJW
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with your long term spoiler and thought this all along.

I especially didn't buy

Spoiler:
his performance in the hospital. It sure looked like he didn't know his daughter's full name. I got the feeling He was more concerned about Jack's wife than "his" own daughter Janet. This was epecially true (to me) with his remark tonight:

"Whatever happens, I'm going to stay with you until we find Kim".
So what is he saying? If his daughter dies on the operating table, he'll still stay with her until she finds her daughter?

Yeah I know people say such things in times of crisis but I got the feeling he actually would...and for a reason. He's not her father

Did the plot-line advance any in that we learned anything important in this "hour" ? If we did, I must have missed it.
Old 12-12-01, 10:31 AM

Yeah, he has to be a bad guy. He certainly is acting like it.

Also the thing that made my jaw drop was the way the episode ended:

Spoiler:
the cliffhanger of the girl flatlining on the operating table. And then immediately they show "Next time on '24'" and you see the girl alive and Jack saying "Nobody goes into her hospital room!" Well, so much for that suspense.
Old 12-12-01, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I thought that guy would turn out to be bad during that first hour. Still could happen.

These past two hours have been well-paced and very entertaining. I hope they keep it up.

das
Old 12-12-01, 10:37 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
I have a question. A few weeks ago Kiefer Sutherland was on the Tonight Show and apparently gave out a major spoiler for the show. I didn't see the show and I don't want to know what he said unless that spoiler's already been revealed on the show. Has it? And if so, what did he say?

If Janet's dad turns out to be a bad guy that would be a silly twist. If he wanted to kidnap Jack's wife, he's had ample opportunities. And it would be stupid of him to go to the hospital knowing that Janet might be there and rat him out. I think he's the real deal. As for him not knowing Janet's name, what do you mean? He looks in the window at the hospital, sees her there, and immediately says "Janet!"
Old 12-12-01, 11:32 AM

Originally posted by Groucho
As for him not knowing Janet's name, what do you mean? He looks in the window at the hospital, sees her there, and immediately says "Janet!"
Agreed. I didn't notice him "not knowing her name", but he does give off a bad guy vibe. Could just be red herring though. Make everybody act suspicious so the audience doesn't know who to trust.

Fun show!
Old 12-12-01, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I am still loving this show!

Do you guys think the son really killed the sister's rapist? They sure are making it sound like he did.

It looks like Mason isn't such of a prick after all....of course, he could still turn out to be a bad guy, so who knows. It was cool to see him help Jack out for once.

It was obvious the kidnappers would get killed....though I thought they'd both be killed and not just the one guy.

Who is the body in the trunk of the car? I know they didn't say who it was, but I can't recall somebody getting killed. Is it somebody that we saw get killed or is it somebody new?

RE: Static Cling's spoiler:
Spoiler:
I don't know if Janet's dad is a bad guy. I remember you mentioning that before Static Cling, but we'll see. I'm sure if he is, he's waiting for a more opportune moment to do something bad to Jack, Jack's daughter, or Jack's wife. I'm not saying that he's not a bad guy...it's still very likely.

I can't believe we have to wait another 5 months to see the ending of this show. I hope they throw in some 2 hour specials somewhere along the way.

Old 12-12-01, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I have to say that I am riveted to this show. I like everything so far, with the exception of the light-year advance in some of the technology. Instead of using satellite tasking (very unrealistic) to track Jack, why not a simple tracer buried in the handle of his gun?

Anyway, I don't know if this is a spoiler, but I'll block it out anyway.
Spoiler:
I really think Jack is being set up and this is a very elaborate plan to pin the whole mess on him. At this point I don't trust anybody, in fact with plots like this even your most trusted ally is really the enemy. In fact, I look to Nina or Jack's wife as being in on the plot somehow. Eventhough Jack "trusts" Nina, the ones you trust usually betray you.
Old 12-12-01, 03:09 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Nazgul
Anyway, I don't know if this is a spoiler, but I'll block it out anyway.
Spoiler:
I really think Jack is being set up and this is a very elaborate plan to pin the whole mess on him. At this point I don't trust anybody, in fact with plots like this even your most trusted ally is really the enemy. In fact, I look to Nina or Jack's wife as being in on the plot somehow. Eventhough Jack "trusts" Nina, the ones you trust usually betray you.
Spoiler:
JACK'S WIFE?! Sounds a little too out there. But if it happens, I heard it here first.

24 good!
Old 12-12-01, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Static Cling

Spoiler:
JACK'S WIFE?! Sounds a little too out there. But if it happens, I heard it here first.

24 good!
It's a bit of a stretch, but
Spoiler:
somebody has to be leaking personal information about Jack. Remember, he was cheating on her and Kim hates her as well. But then again I suspect everybody!
So far the premise and writing have been very good, I don't think they will make it too obvious as to who is in on it.

Pawns in the game.
Old 12-12-01, 05:22 PM
AJW
DVD Talk Special Edition

Some more guessing and clarification

Spoiler:
When the nurse/receptionist finally gets off the phone, she asks what the name of the Jane Doe could be. We see Janet's father do a silent Ralph Kramden-ish humina humina and he doesn't reply....perhaps because he forgot Janet's last name? It is Jack's wife who gives the two possible names.

I don't think he really is Janet's father. I think he was hired to keep on eye on Jack's Wife as a backup plan in cause the kidnapping went sour. Then he could turn around and clean things up and then kidnap Jack's wife.

He's at the hospital to make sure Janet doesn't live long enough to give out any information. If she doesn't die on the operating table, he'll take her out.

Also if you remember when one of the girl's kidnqppers got shot when they went to get their pay, the killer said he had heard that a girl fitting Janet's description turned up at a hospital alive. How did he know this? Janet's fake father perhaps?

As to who the body is in the trunk of the car.......how about Janet's Real Father !!

Fixed typo

Last edited by AJW; 12-12-01 at 07:26 PM.
Old 12-12-01, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by AJW
Some more guessing and clarification

Spoiler:
When the nurse/receptionist finally gets off the phone, she asks what the name of the Jane Doe could be. We see Janet's father do a silent Ralph Kramden-ish humina humina and he doesn't reply....perhaps because he forgot Janet's last name? It is Jack's wife who gives the two possible names.

I don't think he really is Janet's father. I think he was hired to keep on eye on Jack's Wife as a backup plan in cause the kidnapping went sour. Then he could turn around and clean things up and then kidnap Jack's wife.

He's at the hospital to make sure Janet doesn't live long enough to give out any information. If she doesn't die on the operating table, he'll take her out.

Also if you remember when one of the girl's captures got shot when they went to get their pay, the killer said he had heard that a girl fitting Janet's description turned up at a hospital alive. How did he know this? Janet's fake father perhaps?

As to who the body is in the trunk of the car.......how about Janet's Real Father !!
Wow dude, you might be onto something. Your speculation could very well be right!

Old 12-12-01, 07:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Very good theories. I don't know what to think now. I kinda felt bad for Jack cuz he's ending up telling everyone what's going on and what he's doing. First it was Nina, then Jamey, then George...