Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

HBO's Inside The NFL. Is it me or...

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-01, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,241 Likes on 2,088 Posts
HBO's Inside The NFL. Is it me or...

has this show realy gone down hill? I used to make sure that I never missed an episode in the past, but nowadays I can hardly stand to watch it.

For some strange reason (along with many other sports shows) they've insisted on adding comedy, which if you've watched the show lately, isn't that funny. They've added some loud-mouthed lady who goes around interviewing people for no other reason than to fill 5 minutes of air time. (I think I saw her on The Chris Rock Show, but I'm not sure). They've added a rediculous segment where they try to answer viewer mail, but their answers are so awful the segment actually becomes painful to watch.

It used to have great hosts. Len Dawson, Nick Bounicatti (sp?) and Chris Collinsworth are all great (except for Nick's constant gloating about his undefeated Dolphins). But in recent years they've added Jerry Glanville, who is a complete moron for lack of a better word, and Dan Marino, who isn't really that bad, but he just doesn't seem to work out too well on the show.

And if that's not enough, their picks for the following weeks games aren't at the end anymore, they're spread out through the entire show, and half the time not all of them voice their picks for each of the games.

What's going on? This used to be a great show, not it's bordering on pathetic.

whew...Thanks for letting me vent
Old 12-11-01, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Agreed. About 2 or 3 years ago, this was by far the best weekly football show on air.

But it seems as though HBO felt that they had to "Fox" it up, which, imho, is a huge mistake.

I used to watch because it was the only show that was about football. Now they're trying to be entertaining.
Old 12-11-01, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Glanville makes that show and any other sports show he is on impossible to watch. He is annoying on an immeasurable scale. Some of the individual pieces they do are still good but when they are all sitting there talking it gets bad.
Old 12-11-01, 10:27 PM

Wanda Sykes, i could do wothout, i agree. But you gotta love the voice of the narrator during the game recaps!
Old 12-12-01, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,241 Likes on 2,088 Posts
Originally posted by mee2
Wanda Sykes, i could do wothout, i agree. But you gotta love the voice of the narrator during the game recaps!
yeah, that's her. She's beyond annoying.

that narrator must be getting pretty old by now. He's been 'the voice of the NFL' for as long as I can remember. His voice does sound great though