Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

I have a question about the NFL tv contract.

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-01, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What I don't understand is shouldn't the Vikings/Titans game been on Fox since MN was at home I would consider that an NFC game, if the Titans where at home then it would be a AFC game. So what is the deciding factor on who gets the converage because it seems a little weird to me.
Old 12-09-01, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The away team is the deciding factor. For example, if the NFC Cowboys are at the AFC Steelers, then Fox will be covering it since they are the NFC network.
Old 12-09-01, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

See to me that doesn't make much since, but at least it's not just random or something.
Old 12-09-01, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Spicollidriver1
See to me that doesn't make much since, but at least it's not just random or something.
couldn't have said it any better.
Old 12-09-01, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

i hate the way they have the games assigned. take today for example. the big games in the nfc were the rams/49ers and the bears/packers games. what do i get??? giants/cowboys. now i understand this seeing as how i live in waco only 90 miles from dallas but there should be a rule that if your 'home' team really really sucks then you should be able to pick the national game.
Old 12-09-01, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Back when I used to live in New York, we were fed a steady diet of Giants and Jets games. I despise both those teams. Now that I'm back in LA and we have no team, I'm really liking the fact that for the most part we get the best games each week.
Old 12-10-01, 08:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by kevin75
i hate the way they have the games assigned. take today for example. the big games in the nfc were the rams/49ers and the bears/packers games. what do i get??? giants/cowboys. now i understand this seeing as how i live in waco only 90 miles from dallas but there should be a rule that if your 'home' team really really sucks then you should be able to pick the national game.
That was actually a pretty decent game in the second half. The Rams killed the 49ers, so it really wasn't worth watching.

However, I know what you mean. It will be even worse for Texas next year because not only will we have to watch the terrilble Cowboys, but we will also have to watch the sucky expansion Houston team on the other channel.
Old 12-10-01, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
Originally posted by darkside

That was actually a pretty decent game in the second half. The Rams killed the 49ers, so it really wasn't worth watching.

However, I know what you mean. It will be even worse for Texas next year because not only will we have to watch the terrilble Cowboys, but we will also have to watch the sucky expansion Houston team on the other channel.

I was at a sports bar, and the Packers game and Rams game were both pretty lame, so you didn't miss much.
Old 12-10-01, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by kevin75

Being a Cowboy fan I was happy with this. They're on again this week as the FOX 4:15 PM game. (at Seattle) As a true fan you're gonna watch your favorite team no matter what. I don't care if there's two 12-0 teams playing on the other network.