Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Am I the only one that watches The Pretender?

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-01, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's on every weekday at 6pm central on TNT. I imagine its in reruns, but on December 10th, they have The Island of the Haunted. I so hope Jarod finds his mom.
Old 11-29-01, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I catch the reruns when I can. I really liked this show and wish it had ended better.
Old 11-29-01, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I watched it in its initial run, and I watch so many things now that I don't have time to catch the reruns on TNT. But I DO watch the new TNT movies that continue the series. I was heartbroken when nbc cancelled it - and with a HUGE cliffhanger episode, too. It sucked. But then wonderful TNT picked up the series for syndication and decided to produce a few films to finish up the series. There are going to be at least 3 movies if memory serves - Pretender 2001, Island of the Haunted (12/10), and at least one more after that.

As to Jarod finding his mom
Spoiler:

I too hope Jarod finds his mom - hopefully one of the upcoming movies will tell us.
Old 11-29-01, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I hope he finds his mom and I want him and Miss Parker to get together.
Old 11-30-01, 08:37 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by elektra
I catch the reruns when I can. I really liked this show and wish it had ended better.
Great. So it ends without tying up loose ends???

Why does he always eat Pezz?
Old 11-30-01, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: (formerly known as Inglenook Hampendick) Fairbanks, Alaska!
Received 513 Likes on 353 Posts

Truly two of the sexiest people on TV. I watch this show pretty regularly in syndication, having been a long time fan. I highly recommend the movie Jeffery for another side of Michael T. Weiss.
Old 11-30-01, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by IdgIe49

Great. So it ends without tying up loose ends???

Why does he always eat Pezz?
Like I said in my post above, it ends with a season ending cliffhanger - that turned into the series ender. But TNT picked it up for syndication and is making movies to finish the series. So far the Pretender 2001 has aired, and in about 10 days the next movie will air, so don't fret. Apparently we WILL get closure, and this fantastic series will get to finish, as it deserves to do.

As for the Pez,
Spoiler:
as you have probably gathered, Jarod didn't have a normal childhood. He had virtually no contact with anyone but other pretenders and Sydney and sometimes Miss Parker, and had no frivolous pursuits like games or toys or candy or treats of any sort. So when he escaped, he slowly started discovering things that he missed growing up, like ice cream and Mr. Potatohead and Pez. He LOVES Pez - from the cute dispensers to the yummy candy inside. That's pretty much the only reason he still eats them- he loves them.

AGuyNamedMike - thanks for the pic of Michael T. Weiss - oh how I miss looking at that gorgeous face each week! Pardon me while I drool. Looks like I'll have to check out Jeffrey - thanks for the recommendation.

Last edited by WarriorPrincess; 11-30-01 at 03:09 PM.
Old 11-30-01, 03:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Mike thanks for the pics. I think they're both great.

WP - another good reason to check out Jeffrey is Patrick Stewart.
Old 11-30-01, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
I used to love the Pretender. I don't watch the reruns any more, but I do plan to see all the movies. Jerod lives!
Old 12-01-01, 02:38 AM

I love the series very much although I missed most of the last season. I also missed the movie. Is there anywhere I can download it? Jerrod and Miss Parker have so much chemistry together. I also wish they would get together. It's a fantastic show. Did you guys catch the cross over of Jerrod to the Profiler? I love it when Sam was there. The red heard just didn't cut it. However, the Jack thing was just getting out of hand. Kinna distracted from the story. He ended up also like the unstoppable and undead Jason from Friday the 13th!
Old 12-01-01, 05:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The cross-over was pretty good, but I think it would have been cooler if they had caught Jack together. I always liked the way that Sam read people.
Old 12-01-01, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Okay so I missed the Pretender 2001 show. Shoot...

Least now they know who Mr. Fenigore is - last nights episode Though I can't figure out why Jarod didn't open the envelope found in Fenigore's safety deposit box. Less it was just a piece of paper with Jarod's name on it.

That episode with The Profiler, is that episode in the later shows, towards the end??? Cause I missed that one too.
Old 12-04-01, 08:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Oh my! Last night TNT had The Pretender 2001 on at 9pm Central time!!! I have to say though that I think I saw it before not realizing it was a "movie." I remember the Eddie part, and the Tommy Thompson part, and Alex but no way did I remember Ethan being in it, or the end with Mr. Raines!!

Were the parts I remembered in a previous show or something? How could I not know about the ending if I had seen this show before??? And in a show last week, Mr. Lyle shot Ethan and we were lead to believe that Ethan died! Are the shows leading up to this movie going to show the revelation that Ms. Parker, Jarod, Mr. Lyle, and Ethan are brothers and sister?

The end I didn't know!!