Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Amazing Race 11/28/01

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-01, 07:24 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The Amazing Race 11/28/01

I was so miffed that Team Greedo came in third, booting off Kevin and Drew.

But, I wonder how they'll equalize the position of the remaining 3 teams for an exciting finish (from the previews, it looks pretty grueling).
Old 11-29-01, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was so pissed when Kevin and Drew lost !

I wanted then to win it all. And it's worse to have the Guido's the ones to eliminate them.

They made some key mistakes on last night show that made them loose:

They should have played ping pong instead. The other 2 teams got 5 points pretty quickly against the kid. They should have figured the person they were to play against couldn't have been an expert otherwise no one would have gotten any points. Kevin said they weren't good in pong pong but Drew said he was pretty good.

Drew should have kicked Joe's a** in the eating contest. How could he let that skinny little guy finish just a few seconds after him ?

They should have been throwing money at the rickshaw driver and cab driver like there was no tomorrow.

The final leg looks physically challeging. I can't see how team Guido can have a chance against the other 2 teams. I think the lawyers have an advantage over F & M because they have 2 guys in good shape. I think the lawyers will win it all.

I felt sorry for Kevin and Drew at the end. You could tell they really wanted to win badly.

What a great show ! I can't wait until next Wednesday.
Old 11-29-01, 08:34 AM

Frat bro's blocking the Guidos from getting into the market was hilarious, as well as "eat, you fat bastard!". LOLOL.

That was a classic episode, Guidos discussing how Frat boys would wolf down the food, Guidos yelling and screaming at the driver, then driver starts abusing himself by whacking his own head ... great TV viewing!

Sorry to say though, if I were driving a foreigner and they began yelling and screaming at me, I'd go the wrong way and make them late. That's just me though. Treat me nice and you'll get there fast, treat me like a slave and I get lost easily. More yelling, farther away we gooooooo!
Old 11-29-01, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
On the motorcycle: "I think one of my nuts is rolling aroung on he ground."

Old 11-29-01, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Yeah, have to admit that mini-race between The frat boys and team Greedo was pretty entertaining. They should have played the them to "Chariots of Fire" during the rickshaw race, and throw in some slow motion during that part of the race.
Old 11-29-01, 10:30 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
I think it was a bit too well staged, what were the chances of the 1st 2 playing ping pong while the 2nd 2 both decided to do the traffic thing.

It's only the 2nd episode I watched, and I did enjoy it.
good stuff and the frat boys were fun. sorry to see them go.

the life partners, there will be some tears if they do not win this
Old 11-29-01, 12:01 PM

I think Frank's wife will cause him to lose the next episode (based upon the ice climbing in the preview) and it'll be Guido vs lawyers for the finale.
Old 11-29-01, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Isn't the time factor still an issue? The Guidos are still behind the other teams as far as reaching the last checkpoint. Aren't the other teams hours ahead of the Guidos.

Those Guido bastards. I knew after the previews last week that they would get past the Frat boys.

What the Chinese and others must think of those crazy Americans. They're running around and barking orders.
Old 11-30-01, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Heh, poor Guido's cab driver looked like he was going to jump from the cab screaming. That would have made a great ending. I was defenitely disappointed to see Drew and Kevin knocked off... why not the lawyers? Heck, the lawyers are so unentertaining that I keep forgetting they're even there.

~Scheherazade
Old 12-01-01, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Kevin and Drew were the only reason I watched the show! They had my wife and I rolling every week, listening to them take jabs at each other, "You fat bastard". I'll still finish watching the show since it is so close to the end, but it won't be any fun!