TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Alias 11/26/01

Old 11-25-01, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Alias 11/26/01

Pretty good episode (for a Thanksgiving one).

So we finally find out who murdered Sidney's fiance.

And SD-6 is now trying to smoke out a mole in their midst.

The newspaper guy got some tongue from his assistant at the Thanksgiving dinner after Francee was proposed to by her boyfriend. He also has been picked to write up his expose on Sidney's fiance's death and the Kate Jones wannabe's death, much to his chagrin because in his mind he decided to shelved the story to prevent Sidney further grief on the subject.

Re: Sidney's mom:

Spoiler:
Is it just me, or does it seem like Sidney's mom was a KGB agent and Jack had to see to it that she be dealt with?
Old 11-26-01, 01:45 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I very much enjoyed this episode. Unlike the recent 'Enterprise' episode that neglected its staple of the cave, we get a scene of Sidney running around the corner of some underground hallway within the first 2 minutes. After that, however, the episode took a more introspective turn, and I like that. Up to this point, each episode has focused on keeping us on the edge of our seats, and that's wonderful, but it was also nice to see even more of the supporting characters and to end an episode without a gun in Sid's face or a bomb ready to explode.

das
Old 11-26-01, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Hey, at least the tunnel looks different from the one that they've used in the past 6 episodes

This was a pretty good episode well. The mental hospital definitely gave this episode a more somber and (dare I say it) esthetic appeal.

I also got the feeling that we don't know anything about Sydney's mom - perhaps she was also a secret agent. It would make sense.

I'm tiring of Will and his little crusade. Every episode I'm hoping SD-6 will take him out But while the show's premise is good, the Alias part is too disparate from the "Felicity" part. I don't know why, but I have the feeling that they could integrate them better, and not make the discongruity so jarring. I would recommend axing them altogether, but we'd be losing a lot. At least they could make them less sappy and pointless.

And does anyone else feel Sydney's too emotionally volatile for a spy? Every episode she a) cries and/or b) gets so hotheaded she does something brainless or stupid. I feel this is a weak point, but a friend of mine says this actually is what draws him to the show.
Old 11-26-01, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Well, wouldn't this be called "Le Femme Sidney" if she weren't so volatile?
Old 11-26-01, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by RolloTomasi
And does anyone else feel Sydney's too emotionally volatile for a spy? Every episode she a) cries and/or b) gets so hotheaded she does something brainless or stupid. I feel this is a weak point, but a friend of mine says this actually is what draws him to the show.
I think it's good that she's emotional and not just a cold participant in her work, but I too am tiring of the crying. It was cool for her to fall apart when they blew up that factory, but for someone who's trained to endure so much, she's losing control over too many things. I like her humanity and the tailspin she's feeling, but she could stand to show a little more composure during some of her "trips."

das
Old 11-27-01, 12:45 PM

Received 174 Likes on 124 Posts
Would anyone be kind of enough to give me a brief synopsis of the episode prior to this one? Da** Tivo didnt record it so I missed it. Greatly appreciated.
Old 11-28-01, 12:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by RolloTomasi
Emotionally volatile is an understatement. This is just one of the places this show departs from reality. The reason they are there is for "mainstreaming." And mainstreaming is just the price we have to pay for good television. From Harry Senate firing a gun in class to Soldier of Fortune Inc. becoming Special Ops Force to Sidney having an "episode" in the woods while the angry Germans with guns are coming to kill her and her partner.

C'est la vie, it's TV.