Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Vacant Lot - Anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-01, 04:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vacant Lot - Anyone?

Okay, so "Vacant Lot" was the best show ever made. I used to have a couple episodes taped off Comedy Central on VHS, but they've disappeared. I'm desperate. Anyone, anywhere in the world--Canada?--have any of these episodes on tape?? Any rumors that they'll return to syndication anywhere, or be released on tape? I'm desperate...there's nothing funny on TV anymore, and those guys were brilliant.

Every time I watch Tommy Boy and see Paul Greenberg cowering in fear as Chris Farley runs past him, it makes my heart ache that Vacant Lot is gone... A couple of their songs are floating around on the 'net as MP3s, but I want to see the shows again.

Anyone?
Old 11-18-01, 05:18 PM
Cool New Member

Ive been keeping my eye peeled for these, but have had no luck.. My goal would be to encode them and distribute them on the net. If anyone has these PLEASE come forward!!!
we need you!
Old 11-19-01, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
nothing here to add other than just a big fan of the show as well. Emailed Vito Viscomi (sp??) a few years back but that's the last of them I've heard. Such a good show....
Old 11-19-01, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

I was watching an old Mystery Science Theater tape not too long ago and it had commercials for Vacant Lot and Exit 57 on it, got me missing those shows too. Comedy Central doesnt seem to sell off any of their old original programming. I guess no one really wants it, low ratings, low profile, so who knows when we'll see these shows again? Makes me wish I taped Upright Citizens Brigade, and thankful I've almost taped all the Strangers With Candy episodes.