Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Er 11/8

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-01, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Er 11/8

F NBC
they started early again, csi was had just started the preview for next week, so it was before 10, and I switched channels and a second later it was the opening credits

next week, a storm?
don't they do a storm every year?

tonight's was good
Spoiler:
guilty feeling guy hangs himself, new med student finds him and cuts him down. he lives, carter tells susan he had a crush on her. carter's grandma is having bad health problems
Old 11-08-01, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You think the new med students will become regular characters on the show? It seemed that there was alot of time focusing on the two, even though the one wasn't even a student at Cook County.

Next week looks interesting. Especially the Weaver thing were it looks like she may be injured or something.
Old 11-08-01, 10:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Maybe I wasn't paying much attention (packing for a wekeend trip), but it didn't seem like much of anything really happened tonight on ER.
Old 11-09-01, 12:16 AM

I haven't been following this show as closely as I'd like, so forgive me if these are stupid questions:

1) The doctor who Corday suspects of killing her patients... is this guy a real character on the show, or did they just recently introduce him specifically for this storyline?

2) Where is Weaver?
Old 11-09-01, 12:21 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Bobubott
I haven't been following this show as closely as I'd like, so forgive me if these are stupid questions:

1) The doctor who Corday suspects of killing her patients... is this guy a real character on the show, or did they just recently introduce him specifically for this storyline?

I've seen him for at least a couple years. He's always in the background of surgeries, but they've never really done anything with his character. I didn't even know his name until this episode.

2) Where is Weaver?

She's been screwing people over left and right to cover up her own screw-up in the ER a few episodes ago. Dr. Chen and Dr. Dave were both "let go" by the hospital on her recommendations. Also, she's become more and more personally isolated as she's coming to terms with her lesbianism. I'm not sure why she wasn't in this episode, but I was glad. She's been such an evil backstabber recently that I can't even stand watching her anymore.
Old 11-09-01, 01:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
What I found to be a good this is that Ming Na's still in the credits so it means she's coming back.
Old 11-09-01, 01:25 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: Chicago, only a stone's throw from Chicago (even if you throw like a girl)
Originally posted by Bobubott
2) Where is Weaver?
Laura Innes aka Carrie Weaver was integral to this episode. She directed it.

I really like the med student's character. I hope he sticks around.
I was really excited to hear that Julie Delphy was joining the cast. Now I hope her character falls on a pungee stick. I can't stand her.

I hope something interesting comes out of why Elizabeth's patients are dying.

SPY
Old 11-09-01, 03:16 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
luca's new gf?
I actually find her annoying, mainly because I hate how they're axing the old cast and replacing them all, and I don't see much need for a nurse's aid on the show

Originally posted by bothanspy

Laura Innes aka Carrie Weaver was integral to this episode. She directed it.

I really like the med student's character. I hope he sticks around.
I was really excited to hear that Julie Delphy was joining the cast. Now I hope her character falls on a pungee stick. I can't stand her.

I hope something interesting comes out of why Elizabeth's patients are dying.

SPY
Old 11-09-01, 07:49 AM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by mikehunt
luca's new gf?
I actually find her annoying, mainly because I hate how they're axing the old cast and replacing them all, and I don't see much need for a nurse's aid on the show

Yep, that's her... Julie Delpy. If she doesn't know what she's doing, get her out of there (like a few shows ago, when she didn't know what a piece of equipment was).

Nee-cull bad!
Old 11-09-01, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

What is with Luka pushing his new "friend" on Abby? To me it seems like he is trying to make Abby jealous.
Did it seem just a little illegal to have someone with no medical training what so ever in an ER trama? What if something would have gone wrong, the boys mother could have sued for negligence.
I am beginning to wonder if the anesthesiologist (spelling?) is really the "Angel of Death", it seems too obvious, especially the way he was going off about the "old lost souls" and ragging on Elizabeth for trying to save these people.
Old 11-09-01, 04:17 PM

out with the old...

Yep! A storm averaging once a year

Delpy shouldn't even be in an ER ward. This year I can't stand Abby at this point. She doesn't seem to know what she wants so go Carter and Susan!

Mark's rebellious daughter needs to be smacked and that storyline is beating down his characterization--maybe that's how he will leave the show, by manslaughter!

At least Carrie keeps things rolling along, Dave was always a screw up anyway. He was misdiagnosing constantly and he never fit in with ER. I don't think it was 'hip' enough for him.

It's never going to be like it was but there is such solid acting performances even in the patients they get that I keep watching.
Old 11-09-01, 04:49 PM

Abby knows what she wants . Did you see last week when she finally confronted Carter about what she wanted and Carter brushed her off .

The Med student was a good character he was eager to get in and do stuff and be a part of everything . I believe in the previews for next weeks show they showed a brief scene with him in it .

Weaver needs to be on more she just stirs up so much stuff and makes it interesting on the show .
Old 11-09-01, 05:59 PM

"Abby knows what she wants . Did you see last week when she finally confronted Carter about what she wanted and Carter brushed her off ."

Still gazing at Luka and oh so interested in his personal life though. She can't let go. Carter deserves better so I think he had a right to question everything at that time

"The Med student was a good character he was eager to get in and do stuff and be a part of everything . I believe in the previews for next weeks show they showed a brief scene with him in it ."

This should be good!
Old 11-10-01, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: Chicago, only a stone's throw from Chicago (even if you throw like a girl)
Re: Er 11/8

next week, a storm?
don't they do a storm every year?

[/spoiler]
No No No! This is completely different. The other one was
THE FLOOD

SPY
Old 11-10-01, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Er 11/8

F NBC
they started early again, csi was had just started the preview for next week, so it was before 10, and I switched channels and a second later it was the opening credits
There was an article in USA Today this week about shows running over their time period.

There's a part about how CSI runs over by a minute or more, so it's actually CSI and CBS's fault, not ER's.

Matt
Old 11-10-01, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: Re: Er 11/8

except my clock also said it wasn't 10 yet
and yes my clock is correct

Originally posted by MvRojo

There was an article in USA Today this week about shows running over their time period.

There's a part about how CSI runs over by a minute or more, so it's actually CSI and CBS's fault, not ER's.

Matt
Old 11-12-01, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

They need to have way more Abby in each episode
Old 11-12-01, 06:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Er 11/8

except my clock also said it wasn't 10 yet
and yes my clock is correct

You're right. The main clock in my house is one of those Atomic Clock things that checks with the Mother Clock in Boulder every night, accurate to better than a second, and my wristwatch is usually within 5 seconds or so. NBC is jumping the gun by a minute or more. (I can't time it exactly, because they have already jumpped the gun by the time I come over from CBS, but thats about a minute before 10.
Old 11-12-01, 08:56 PM

Two sweet weeks without Weaver... ahhhhh.... Too bad she's back next week.
Old 11-12-01, 09:01 PM

11/15
Partly Cloudy, Chance of Rain
60 min.
Spoiler:
As a storm soaks Chicago, Kerry and Gallant (Sharif Atkins) race to save a pregnant woman trapped in a crashed ambulance surrounded by live power lines; Carter's grandmother arrives with a mysterious injury and a morbid link to a hit-and-run victim; and Greene treats a teen taking the fall for losing his baby brother in a flooded river. Meanwhile, Benton's hopes of winning custody of Reese are dashed by a fateful DNA test; Cleo ends her days at County General; and Nicole gives Luka bad news after being busted for burglary.

11/22
Quo Vadis?
60 min.
Spoiler:
This pivotal episode spins several staffers into new directions. For Benton (Eriq LaSalle), the change may not be a good one as his demanding schedule at the hospital gives Roger (Vondie Curtis-Hall) the upper hand in their court case for custody of Reese. Back at County General, however, things look up for Carter, who finally makes a move on Lewis after treating a newlywed's odd allergy, and for Kerry (Laura Innes), who catches a romantic break in the form of a flirty firefighter (Lisa Vidal). Meanwhile, Cleo tries to avoid goodbyes during her final shift; and Nicole (Julie Delpy) drops a new bombshell on Luka regarding the baby she's carrying.
Old 11-14-01, 10:47 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
Mark me down as someone else who wants to see Delpy out of the show, annoying as hell.

You know I did not even notice Kerry was not in the show, at least not until I read the reviews here.

Some of the storylines are pretty lame, Mark's daughter, if it was my daughter, bang straight back to St Louis, Jen is lauging all the time at this I am sure, living it large without Rachel.

I really enjoy Carter's Gamma, she has an excellent attitude towards life, she lives it to the full. Shouldn't be driving, I;ll show you I will drive 2 hours just for spite...

Good show and am glad Susan is back