Spoiler:
They swapped 3 of each team to the other team:

Tom, Lex and Kelly are now Sambo's.

Frank, Teresa, and Silas are now Morons
Old 11-08-01, 07:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Spoiler:
The ramification of the switcharoo is tremendous. Now people will have to reform bonds and figure out who to trust and who to cut loose. This will really make the game interesting given the way it was going last episode.
Old 11-08-01, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Spoiler:
Interesting strategy from Ethan to convince Kim to throw the immunity challenge so they can boot off one of the two physically stronger players, Silas or Clarence. My guess is that Clarence is a goner. Then the original Morons will hold an advantage to boot off either Frank or Silas next, most likely Frank if they fail the next immunity challenge.

There were some funny comments from the survivors:

Tom got a nice thrill picking that tick out of Lindsay's butt. Brandon was called a "queer" by Tom. Brandon said he was glad he was gay because he couldn't handle crying women anymore
Old 11-08-01, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

OMG!

It looks like Survivor producer have really messed with the minds of the Survivors...

Spoiler:
Jeff Probst made it seem that there's no merge coming up after next immunity challenge, which means when the Morons booted off Silas, they truly weakened their team.
Old 11-08-01, 08:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LOL Great episode Reminds me why I absolutely love this show!! Tons of laughs and tons of suspense, what else do you need?
Old 11-08-01, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Spoiler:
Somehow I can see both of the Moron factions working in tandem to get rid of the Sambo members one by one within each tribe:

This means if the current Sambo tribe loses another immunity challenge, they'll have to decide between Frank or Clarence because they must eliminate threats, and Teresa is no "threat" to any of the original Moron members, so they think. But I am sure that Ethan was messing with Silas and making him think that Ethan really doesn't trust Clarence, thus applying just enough misdirection to make Silas think that Clarence was getting the boot instead of Silas' pick to get the boot, which was Frank. Now does Ethan play that "Clarence" card again on Frnak next time they lose an immunity challenge?

I'm pretty sure that in the current Sambo tribe that the old Morons will boot Lindsay or Kim. And if the original Sambo tribe is smart, they'll vote to boot Lex. If it's Kim vs. Lex, then it's back to those questions since none have votes against them. If It's Lindsay vs. anyone, she's a goner because she was 4 votes on her.
Old 11-08-01, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 183 Likes on 125 Posts
HAHAAH!!! I'm sooooooo glad that
Spoiler:
Silas
is gone!! But it does seem that
Spoiler:
no merger is going to happen, at least not like it usually does
Old 11-08-01, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Smart move by the producers. A lot of people, myself included, were considering dropping this show from the line-up. Tonight's episode was the best yet by far. I'm very interested to see what's going to happen now.
Old 11-08-01, 09:05 PM

That was the best Survivor episode I've ever seen. All I can say to
Spoiler:
Silas
is that revenge is a dish best served cold.
Old 11-08-01, 11:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
Anyone else notice that in one of those random animal clips, they showed an antelope sh*tting?

That episode rocked. Good riddance to the person voted off.
Old 11-08-01, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

As soon as that tree mail told them to send 3 of their tribe to the drop-off point, I knew the switcheroo was on. I'm surprised the survivors didn't. Mark and Jeff have totally pulled the rug from underneath all of them.

I can't believe how open the players were w/r/t votes in the new Moron group (Silas and Clarence). Here's the kicker: what if Frank and Teresa think it's to their best interest for Lindsay to stick around, that would make them less likely to tell their new tribemates of Lindsay's 4 votes, and thus the other Morons couldn't relay that info to the former Morons and have her get picked off too quickly. And with the show showing Lex thinking that Brandon is the one with votes might cause them to deadlock at 3-3 for Brandon and Lex (he's the most obvious threat between Kelly, Tom and Lex. And then it's back to knowledge tie-break (unless it's some other type of tie-breaker). And once that happens, there's a possibility that Sambo kids will gain the upper hand.
Old 11-08-01, 11:50 PM

Patman didn't use spoiler tags, and besides, anyone who's read this far down the thread has been fairly warned about spoilers, so I'm not adding any either..

Anyways, am I the only one out there who saw this switcheroo coming from a mile away? Last week, when the "next on survivor" clip came on, it was slightly obvious. "All alliances will be destroyed" (or something to that effect), "Survivor will never be the same", etc.

Last week I thought it would be dumb for Survivor to be changing the rules (like Big Brother kept doing), but I actually LOVED the effect it had! Talk about messing with team dynamics!

Anyways, I think that this switch was more beneficial to Boran than NOT having the switch. If they DIDN'T switch, and Boran lost, they'd have to kick someone off their team, lowering their numbers when the merge occurs. This way (with the switch), it's easier for Boran to stay together... whichever team loses just kicks off an original Samburu player (easy to do with them being so disorganized and split). After the merge, the original Boran is up 6 players to 4... easy pickings.

Of course, all this goes out the window if the powers that be do away with the merge!

Darq
Old 11-09-01, 01:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow, Colby Silas is kicked off!
Old 11-09-01, 06:11 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Just to clarify, I don't use spoilers once I know the show has been aired on the west coast, otherwise, when I do real-time updates/comments, I will continue to use spoiler codes for that small time window during the original airing "time slot".
Old 11-09-01, 06:18 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Remember, you have to keep the ones you can beat closer to you in this game, even if they are annoying and lazy, that's why you'd keep them over someone like Clarance, Ethan or Lex, who are all threats to blow through the individual immunity challenges later on. If you were in the final three, wouldn't you want to go against Lindsay or Brandon?

I think the merge will take place when 8 players are left in the game.

Reflecting back, I have more respect for Ethan's game play and the con job he did on Silas. Now that was slick.

I haven't figured out if the original Morons will keep using Clarence was the pinyata for their voting strategy.

If it just me, or does Tom have problems with Brandon's sexual orientation? At least he's honest about it in a funny way. I'm still cracking up about Tom's account of getting that tick out of Lindsay's butt (that camera angle showing Lindsay's face was too funny), and then Tom giving her a nice slap on the butt was also a nice "touch".
Old 11-09-01, 06:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The look on Lindsey's face when she finally realized that their majority was lost was classic ....those kids are too LAZY!!
Old 11-09-01, 07:46 AM

Silas oozed scumbag when he took people aside and tried to con them into voting his way. He had desperation written all over his forehead, and the remaining team members knew it.

Tom and others finding a nasty camp was first class too, it shows the "elder group" wasn't exaggerating and they didn't do a damned thing to survive. Seriously, you gotta pull your own weight, especially with 10 million people watching your ass on television.

And Frank should pull one of the other team members aside and inform them about Lindsey's votes. Is it just me, or is she becoming uglier every episode. I'm sure she's a hottie outside Africa but, ewe!
Old 11-09-01, 08:35 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Great episode...and a nice twist. Count me as one of those who was getting tired of the show, but who now has a rejuvinated interest. I think the merge won't happen for another 2-3 episodes now...but who knows?

Watching Boran throw the immunity challenge was hilarious. Silas was running around in a panic, and everybody else was just shuffling around. I've suspected tribes of throwing the immunity challenges before, but this is the first time I've known for sure.
Old 11-09-01, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i think the merge will happen as it's been done in the past, perhaps jeff was just messing with player's minds, especially after their previous assumptions on the game had been shattered.
Old 11-09-01, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Groucho

Watching Boran throw the immunity challenge was hilarious. Silas was running around in a panic, and everybody else was just shuffling around. I've suspected tribes of throwing the immunity challenges before, but this is the first time I've known for sure.
It was indeed hilarious! I actually felt a little sorry for Silas. He knew his days were counted. Mama Kim and Ethan were just fooling around during the whole challenge. Of course editing was such so it looks even more obvious that they dropped the challenge.

Anyway, great twist and played very subtle on the players. I was expecting them to know what happens, and they draw straws or something, but this was much better!
Old 11-09-01, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I just can't get over how many of these cast members are in their own world. In the first Survivor's, the players played the game. Sometimes emotions ran high, but for the most part, it was a game. These new guys are so full of themselves they can't see reality. Like Lindsay getting all pissed off that she was voted against. What the hell did she expect? She sat there and voted with her 4-some for Karl ... sounds logical that the other 4 would pick someone as well. And then last night, all 4 of them getting so pissed about the votes for Silas. Again ... can I get a DUH! from the congregation ... what the hell did they expect?

And I still find it sad that NONE of those Morons realized that the one between Frank and Theresa that made it to the merger would last longer than all of them. 5 merged with 4 and a loner quickly becomes 6 against 4. They'll never see this in action now, which is a shame, because it would have been fun to watch Frank pick them off one by one. So far, I'm not seeing many "survivors" this year that have half a brain.

das
Old 11-09-01, 09:56 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by homeslice

And Frank should pull one of the other team members aside and inform them about Lindsey's votes. Is it just me, or is she becoming uglier every episode. I'm sure she's a hottie outside Africa but, ewe!
I'm sure Maxim or Playboy will be able to show us her inner beauty. I was very pleased with what happened last night. It's a game again.
Old 11-09-01, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I was so happy they got rid of Silas !

It was fun watching him try to get Ethan to vote off Clarence or Frank.
He really thoght he was going to win it all.

I hope the new Samburu loose the immunity challenge next week and they get rid of Lindsey.

She makes me ill whenever they show her.
"How dare you vote for me", "Don't f*ck with me" !
Who the hell does she think she is ?

My favorites to win are Lex, Frank, Ethan and the younger Kim.
Old 11-09-01, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 617 Likes on 496 Posts
Nice twist. Nice to see Silas gone.
Old 11-09-01, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

It was great how they didn;t show any votes, so it oculd have been up in the air(but we all knew it was Silas) and then Clarence goes "I love you but I don;t trust you". then BAM! the S-man is gone...

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.