Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Am I the only one who misses Mole 2?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-01, 02:35 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Am I the only one who misses Mole 2?

I understand ABC yanking it, because who watches TV on a Friday night (at least in their intended demographic)? But it's unfair to air 4 episodes, or however many there were, and then just suddenly replace it with that horrible America's Funniest Home Videos with no explanation. The Mole is a good show, but ABC needs to put it in a desirable time slot. I admit, I'm a reality show fan, but The Mole is definitely a quality program. It's a lot craftier than many of its competitors. Supposedly they're bringing it back next year and starting it from episode 1, but who knows what could happen before then. Replies?
Old 10-30-01, 07:35 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

My wife is pissed...she likes the Mole more than a bunch of the other "reality" shows (i.e. lost, amazing race, etc.)
Old 10-30-01, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

No, you're not the only one. There was a thread here a while back where a lot of people expressed their anger over ABC's yanking the program. In my opinion, The Mole was the best reality show out there, certainly better than what Survivor has become this season and infinitely better than that crap trap Amazing Race. I think ABC made a huge mistake by burying it on Friday night and then yanking it altogether. With the right plan, it could have pulled many Survivor fans disillusioned with this season's craptacular group of nitwits in Africa.
Old 10-30-01, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hmm ... ABC underpromotes fan favorite show and then burries it in bad timeslot ... cancels show shortly thereafter. This sounds strangely familiar ...

das
Old 10-30-01, 11:11 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
In defense of ABC, they pulled the show in an effort to resurrect it, rather than let it wither and die in a bad time slot. I think they realized their gaffe in scheduling a show aimed at young adults on Friday night, but they can't place it elsewhere until mid-season. Better they did it now, while the resolution is still unknown.

If they can boost the audience for this fine show, that means that there will be a Mole 3.
Old 10-30-01, 08:34 PM
Banned

I can't wait for the Mole to return. Hopefully ABC won't be stupid and put it against Amazing Race or Survivor.
Old 10-30-01, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
I was really getting into it too.

I'm just waiting for it to come back though, IMO the best of the reality shows, and yes I though this before Survivor 3 and even during Survivor 2.
Old 10-31-01, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 136 Likes on 107 Posts
The Mole was also my favorite reality show.

There may be some hope. Disney/ABC has acquired the Fox Family Channel (soon to be renamed the ABC Family Channel). Soon we can expect failed ABC network shows to be moved over to cable like Fox does with its Fx channel.
Old 10-31-01, 08:16 PM
Cool New Member

Just wanted to throw my support for the MOLE in there. It was one of my favorite shows, but I liked it when it was on Tuesday nights!!!

I like how ABC just pulled it off the air without apologizing to its fans or without any recognition. They just replaced it with America's Funniest Home Videos, and they figured noone would notice?
Old 11-28-01, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

This is one of my first ventures into tv land on this bb... and of course I had to bump a Mole thread!!! Was I supposed to put the Mole in red?

Has there been any word on when this show will return? All I got was sometime in February. I also can't believe they tried to pull it without warning or notice.

This is the only reality show I watched ever and refuse to watch the other shows and will refrain from commenting. Bring back the Mole!

One comment: Did anyone else find they offered too many exemptions in M2? Every episode had an exemption or two and I found that to be a little extreme and unnecessary. Anybody else?
Old 11-28-01, 06:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by goofee girl
One comment: Did anyone else find they offered too many exemptions in M2? Every episode had an exemption or two and I found that to be a little extreme and unnecessary. Anybody else?
Well, for the few episodes they aired, I noticed a definite plan to shake things up. It seems they are bent on giving players every opportunity to screw eachother. I think it really adds a lot to the show since a large part of it involves the contestants trying to figure out who the Mole is. If someone screws you, you're thinking, "Oh, he's the Mole. He screwed everybody," but then if he doesn't, you're thinking, "Oh, look at him trying to act like a team player. He is so the Mole."

I cannot wait for this show to come back. It was easily better than this year's Survivor letdown.
Old 11-28-01, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yo! I miss the mole too. In fact, I had started a weekly thread with a poll question based upon the actual questions.
Old 11-28-01, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally posted by MarkHoltz
Yo! I miss the mole too. In fact, I had started a weekly thread with a poll question based upon the actual questions.
How much longer till they cancel Once and Again. I thought Mole 2, Thieves, and Once and Again made for some good Friday night watching (well taping)...now I'm down to one hour..for now!