Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Boston Public & Ally McBeal....finally

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-01, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Boston Public & Ally McBeal....finally

Don't forget the Boston Public and Ally McBeal season premieres are finally gonna happen tonight (Oct. 29).

Squeezed in between the World Series.

Anybody else looking for ward to these shows??

I think that Star Trek chick is on BP now.
Old 10-29-01, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I had kinda been enjoying the free time during the 8-9 block for a while. It's nice to be able to catch a Farscape rerun or something. Still, I'm ready for Boston Public to return. It's not the most insightful or realistic show, but it certainly is entertaining. I may also return to Ally. I ditched it for a while last season, because I got tired of the Kelley formula, but seeing the first seasons on FX has reminded me what the show can be. Guess I'll TiVo it while watching Angel. Thankfully RAW is WAR is complete suckekeke, so I won't be missing anything. And 'Crossing Jordan' is also wearing thin.

das
Old 10-29-01, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
das: Supposedly, Ally has kind of been revamped this season. Lisa Nicole Carson and Taye Diggs are gone. And so has that other male lawyer, James Le Gros. Lucy Liu will be leaving after six eps I believe. Ally will now be a bit more mature. I don't know, Kelley has a way of being so damned good at the beginning, then running a show into the ground. Look at Picket Fences and Chicago Hope.
Old 10-29-01, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Finally we'll find out that what student has done to his bitch of a mother o Boston Public.

I'll tune into Ally, but she's more than humped the shark.
Old 10-29-01, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Tesiae
das: Supposedly, Ally has kind of been revamped this season. Lisa Nicole Carson and Taye Diggs are gone. And so has that other male lawyer, James Le Gros. Lucy Liu will be leaving after six eps I believe. Ally will now be a bit more mature. I don't know, Kelley has a way of being so damned good at the beginning, then running a show into the ground. Look at Picket Fences and Chicago Hope.
I'm not holding my breath, but I'll give it a fair shot. He nearly ran 'The Practice' into the ground as well, but it seems to be back on the up swing. Perhaps he's learning how to keep from killing a good idea ... perhaps ...

das
Old 10-29-01, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

das: Well, the thing about the Practice is that Kelley is no longer the sole writer, which is how most of his shows get screwed up in the first place. His first seasons are just tremendous, but then he just burns out and hands the show to others, who unfortunately can't keep up the same quality. Fortunately for the Practice, the crop of writers it has are quite good, with the ocassional input from Kelley. The man has the attention span of a fruit fly.
Old 10-29-01, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Patman
Finally we'll find out that what student has done to his bitch of a mother o Boston Public.
I thought we already knew.

He has her tied up in his basement, albeit still alive.
Old 10-29-01, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Over the course of the summer? I think the mom's dead by now.
Old 10-29-01, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
BP is an entertaining show, but I am keeping a wary eye on it. The Kelley dramas always hit a point where they shock and shock but then they are just ridiculous or repeat themselves (see The Practice).
Old 10-29-01, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Tesiae
The man has the attention span of a fruit fly.
Yeah. It's amazing how he'll create something really wonderful, and just as its reaching the highest quality ... just as you're starting to focus intently on what's going on ... just ... just ... beer taste good.

das
Old 10-29-01, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Maybe his wife distracts him too much...
Old 10-29-01, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by Patman
Over the course of the summer? I think the mom's dead by now.
I don't think she is dead.

They've been pushing that one commercial about "Jeremy brought a human hand to school" or something a bit much.
And Michael Rappaport saying "You think he killed her?" (I'm glad he is on the show for now as well!).

And unfortunetly it's like I already seen the episode with watching probalby 10 versions of a promo commercial!?
In one of them I think the one teacher goes to the kid's house and then "jumps" at one point being startled by "somone" (I think the mother but who knows?!)
Old 10-29-01, 04:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

All I know is that I've seen the promos for both Ally and Boston Public way too much! Whatever happens will be a let down.
Old 10-29-01, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yay to Boston Public!
Old 10-29-01, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

EEEWWWWW!!!!

Spoiler:
Jeremy brought his mom's severed right hand to school! I bet she cut it off somehow trying to get out of her bonds.