Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Friends 10/25

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-01, 01:59 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Friends 10/25

was tonight's episode a rerun? i didn't think it was, but no one's started a thread!

anyhow...anyone think the series is headed for another ross/rachel hookup.. hmm...there wasn't enough foreshadowing [/sarcasm]...
Old 10-26-01, 02:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I actually think it's great cuz the dynamics are different now. They're having a baby but they're not sure that they want to end up together. At least not on the surface.
Old 10-26-01, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Did you notice that there was no Monica-Chandler relationship stuff in this weeks' episode? No wonder it felt different. But still funny nonetheless.
Old 10-26-01, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

What's up Toby....

Ross apparently is going to hook up with that chick in Central Perk...
Old 10-26-01, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Cheddarmuff
What's up Toby....

Ross apparently is going to hook up with that chick in Central Perk...
I don't think so, he'll chicken out for sure.
Old 10-26-01, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts
While I really have liked the season so far, I REALLY hope that they are not heading for another season of "Rachel likes Ross and he doesn't know while at the same time, Ross likes Rachel and she doesn't know". AGHHH! Didn't we already do that for like four seasons or something? Enough already. And I agree that Monica and Chandler are better when they're not being a neurotic couple together. They can be neurotic apart. That's fine.

X
Old 10-26-01, 09:32 AM

It is official...the rest of the season is going to suck. Each week either Ross or Rachael will be faced with the fact that he/she still loves the other and should do something about. But then...oh no! They see the other with someone else and they ignore their feelings for awhile longer. It NBC keeps this up Inside Schwartz is going to look a lot better.
Old 10-26-01, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by jpalm
It is official...the rest of the season is going to suck. Each week either Ross or Rachael will be faced with the fact that he/she still loves the other and should do something about. But then...oh no! They see the other with someone else and they ignore their feelings for awhile longer. It NBC keeps this up Inside Schwartz is going to look a lot better.
Whoa, calm down. Nothing's official. My guess is they're going to come to a head next week between those two. So next week will be the last of these who-loves-who-but-doesn't-know-it episodes. It's getting funnier though.
Old 10-26-01, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

anyone wanna see a ukrainian film?

this episode wasn't bad. lots of laughs. although you gotta feel bad for tim, the assistant chef.

this season does look like another ross & rachel season. at least they've stopped with the Friends Part 15 stuff. the continuation stuff was getting old.
Old 10-26-01, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
they did stop?

I know these week was part 5? if htye stopped next week it means we'll get a different story line
Old 10-26-01, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I found this to be by far the weekest episode of the season. The Bob guy at Chandler's work was playing the exact same role that another SNL player, Molly Shannon, played in a Seinfeld episode a few years ago when she called Elaine "Susan." Not to mention, yeah, the Ross and Rachel thing is certainly annoying.

And did no one else find the Ukrainian film plot insulting... I mean, wouldn't the majority of us hear prefer an acclaimed foreign film to most of the big-budgeted cr*p released by studios nowadays!? While I think we would, this was probably my favorite part of the episode.

There also seemed to be way too many serious moments in this one... you know, between Joey and Ross, and between Rachel and Ross.
Old 10-26-01, 02:36 PM

I thought that it was a brilliant change of pace and a very good episode.

While it was not nearly laugh-out-loud funny like week, it was a nice transition from focusing everything on Ross and Rachel having a baby.

The best thing they did was to separate Monica and Chandler for a much needed change. Seeing both Bings at work made me remember why I liked them in the first place.

Joey and Phoebe are still the best each week when you want to laugh and maybe I'm just a sucker for it, but I don't mind the will they or won't they when it comes to Rachel and Ross.

As a fan, it sort of depends on whether they are or aren't doing one more season. If they are and plan to get Rachel and Ross together, then I would prefer that they do it in the last season. I'm not sure if we go into next season would 4 of them married (or one couple married, the other engaged) that the show would be as fun. If this is the final season then they can do the will they or won't they stuff for a while as long as we get that happy ending.
Old 10-26-01, 06:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by JaseXF3
I'm not sure if we go into next season would 4 of them married (or one couple married, the other engaged) that the show would be as fun. If this is the final season then they can do the will they or won't they stuff for a while as long as we get that happy ending.
I know it's been said before, but here it is again. This is the last season of Friends. That's it, no more. They're contracts are up at the end of this season and they haven't signed a new one. It's not likely that they will sign a new contract either, because in many interviews they've said that this is the last season. It's over. So whatever is going to happen between these two is gonna happen this season.
Old 10-26-01, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally posted by JonTurner
I found this to be by far the weekest episode of the season. The Bob guy at Chandler's work was playing the exact same role that another SNL player, Molly Shannon, played in a Seinfeld episode a few years ago when she called Elaine "Susan." Not to mention, yeah, the Ross and Rachel thing is certainly annoying.
You're mixing up your plotlines, Molly Shannon was not the co-worker that called Elaine "Suzie", that was someone else. Molly Shannon played the co-worker who stalked Elaine because she pointed out that MS didn't swing her arms as she walked.
Old 10-26-01, 08:15 PM
MrN
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by huzefa

I know it's been said before, but here it is again. This is the last season of Friends. That's it, no more. They're contracts are up at the end of this season and they haven't signed a new one. It's not likely that they will sign a new contract either, because in many interviews they've said that this is the last season. It's over. So whatever is going to happen between these two is gonna happen this season.

Actually, I read this yesterday:

"To induce the six stars of Friends to return for a ninth season, NBC plans to offer them the opportunity to do fewer segments for the same amount of money, the Chicago Tribune's "Inc" column reported today (Thursday)."

I don't think the cast will go for it, but NBC is desperate I guess.
Old 10-27-01, 12:54 AM

Unless they are convinced the show has run it's course (and I'm beginning to think again that it hasn't), I hope that the cast doesn't leave just because they "think" it's been too long.

Really, none of them have done very well in movies. I'm sure NBC could arrange for them to have more free time, in addition to their hiatus, to do film work anyway.

They all made a ton of money already, but a million dollars an episode for what is the probably still the best sitcom on tv is a good reason to think about coming back.

They are odds are against it, but I bet they agree to one more year.
Old 10-27-01, 02:09 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Trust me the cast is not stupid. They know their record when it comes to making movies.

If these high ratings continue I think there's a better-than-average chance that they come back.

They're making a ton of money and they're all apparently friends.
Old 10-27-01, 02:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

It's difficult to say the show has run its course when it's the highest rated show of the week. The show could easily go on another year, the big question is the cast. The only one who has had any real success on the big screen is Lisa Kudrow.
Old 10-27-01, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Charlie Goose
It's difficult to say the show has run its course when it's the highest rated show of the week. The show could easily go on another year, the big question is the cast. The only one who has had any real success on the big screen is Lisa Kudrow.
Don't forget Courtney Cox too. eg. Scream, 3K Miles to Graceland (i liked it).
Old 10-27-01, 10:50 AM

My understanding is that they have a pact that it is all of them or none. The problem may be Lisa Kudrow (and to a lesser extent David Schwimmer) who have been the most vocal about moving on.
Old 10-27-01, 03:31 PM

Received 104 Likes on 87 Posts
I've heard that NBC will go on with the show if 4 of the 6 come back. Not sure how good that would be though...
Old 10-27-01, 05:49 PM

I have a feeling this isn't the last season. Last year, Friends was getting it's ass womped by Survivor. This year, the show is better AND it's beating Survivor easily. Sept. 11th actually helped friends.
Old 10-27-01, 05:51 PM

It's all 6 or none at all, no way they have any less than that. They're making a million an episode now, right? They'll probably get 1.5 to 2 million for one more year.
Old 10-27-01, 07:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

wasn't seinfeld on top when it left?
Old 10-28-01, 12:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Venusian
wasn't seinfeld on top when it left?
Yes, and the network would've killed to have him stay. He left because he wasn't interested in continuing, the cast of "Friends" would leave for different reasons (Not enough $$$ or blossoming movie careers). I don't think money would be an issue this season, because they're beating "Survivor" with points to spare. That adds bargaining power.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.