Reload this Page >

Angel/Buffy crossover -- inside info, maybe [spoiler?]

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 10-22-01, 11:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chrisma was on the morning news in LA. (Ratings trouble?)

Regarding a crossover episode, she said

Spoiler:
"The producers are being kinda vague." Considering how many episodes must be already done...

Draw your own conclusion.
Old 10-23-01, 02:11 AM
MrN
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I remember the cross-network Practice/Ally McBeal crossover a couple of years back and there was a minor stink made by Fox.

So, I wouldn't be surprised if UPN/WB would prefer there not be a crossover this year.

So, hopefully, Angel will go to UPN next year and we'll have more crossovers....
Old 10-23-01, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by MrN
So, hopefully, Angel will go to UPN next year and we'll have more crossovers....
You know, to play the devil's advocate.....why does Angel need crossovers with Buffy??

I was all for Angel moving to the UPN with Buffy, but lets be realistic, the WB isn't out there trying to sabotage the show. It gave it a comfy timeslot right after its highest rated show (the same springboard Buffy had) and from what I can tell, the WB brass isn't futzing with the creative team.

They sprang from the same show, but there intrisicately different shows now, especially now that Angel's got this really loose attitude, its really become a lighter, less brooding show. (As opposed to the Buffster whose been ticking up the brood-o-meter.)

Dude, you're in LA and you don't watch Good Day LA?
For four years in college I woke up to Jillian Barberie....what a great day to start the day.....when Lisa Joyner subbed for Dorothy, double goodness!!

Right..but back to Angel.
Old 10-23-01, 10:19 PM
MrN
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by clemente

You know, to play the devil's advocate.....why does Angel need crossovers with Buffy??

Because a crossover would restore the original cast of Buffy. Angel and Cordelia were in Buffy longer than they weren't.