Reload this Page >

Once and Again - 10/12

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Once and Again - 10/12

Old 10-14-01, 05:07 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Once and Again - 10/12

I really don't have a lot to say about this episode except that it was one of the most boring hours of television that I've ever watched.

Steven Weber and Rick have absolutely no chemistry and yet they had all the slow, long talks.

The only person Weber has any chemistry with is Judy and they finally met up.

I still think this show has almost too many regular characters and certainly doesn't need these special guest stars.

Just to prove a point, Weber comes on and all four kids plus Karen are nowhere to be found.

At least the random Sela-tank top-shots would wake me up every now and then.

I also thought Rick and Lily were incredibly easy on Eli after getting caught with pot and causing a wreck because of it.

Most mothers would've had to have tackled the father just to keep him from killing the kid.
Old 10-14-01, 08:16 AM

Re: Once and Again - 10/12

Originally posted by Frank TJ Mackey
I also thought Rick and Lily were incredibly easy on Eli after getting caught with pot and causing a wreck because of it.

Most mothers would've had to have tackled the father just to keep him from killing the kid.
I think they're one of those "progressive" families. j/k. Seriously, no one but his Eli's Mom was coming down on him for being a pot head, and even Karen wasn't that hard on him. It hasn't dawned on Eli or anyone else that Jesse looks up to him. Jesse, who is in a very vulnerable state right now, will be in for a very bumpy ride if she ever gets involved with drugs, and if she hits the wall, she's going to hit the wall hard. Then again, I don't write for the show, so we'll just have to watch and see.

Other than that I have to disagree about last night's episode. I thought the episode was fine, besides the Steven Stills references, that guy just bugs me. As for the chemistry between Rick and Sam, I thought it was fine. Especially when they were talking about the life saving ability a good friend could have sometimes. Of course, in the last three episodes, drugs have been in some way involved. It'll be interesting to see where they take this season.
Old 10-14-01, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

And don't forget about Jake who looked like he was about to have a heart attack for the eintire show. Now that's acting!

I thought the show was okay, nothing terrible, and they finally focused a little on Rick's employment plight.

The bit about Lily and Rick not being able to keep a secret from each other probably hits home with many married couples (if you have a secret, don't tell a friend who's married!)
Old 10-15-01, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I'll echo those comments ... it was OK. It did feel a bit Twilight Zone-ish ... guess all the kid actors were given the week off. Judy and Lily are both such entrancing characters, though, that I'll enjoy pretty much anything.

das
Old 10-15-01, 11:22 AM

I thought the episode was very good. The b&w "asides" were especially entertaining in this episode. I used to hate Jake, but now I feel sorry for him and I find him pretty funny.

I love Judy; I think she is such a great character but it's so inevitable how she is hurt all the time. Although I could understand Sam where he is coming from. It's probably not the best time to go into another serious relationship and I think he feels he could get really serious about Judy.

I really liked Saul Rubinek's character as the client. I find him much more entertaining than Miles Drentell.
Old 10-15-01, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I still refer to the guy who played Miles as "Miles" for his character on The Agency.