DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Wrestlin - Tonite's RAW hyped as biggest ever, why ? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/148817-wrestlin-tonites-raw-hyped-biggest-ever-why.html)

Original Desmond 10-08-01 07:01 PM

Wrestlin - Tonite's RAW hyped as biggest ever, why ?

What surprises do u expect ?

Can they top the ECW raw let along be the best Raw ever !

Rumours include returns of either/and/or

Foley, Vince, HBK, Hall, Nash, HHH, Steiner

I will just be so disappointed if the WWF doesn't have something cool up it's sleeve

Lemondrop 10-08-01 07:04 PM

From what Iver read Steiner , Hall , and Nash are under contract with TWC/AOL till January of 2002 and cant show till then . Vince is rumored to be on and perhaps Foley .

The Cow 10-08-01 07:08 PM

RVD will turn on SCSA soon (or vice- versa). Is tonight the night??

Mad Dawg 10-08-01 07:11 PM

I'm guessing a Love Cruise tie-in.;)

Lemondrop 10-08-01 07:15 PM

Perhaps Stacy Keibler will come out with only very small coverings on her body . .... Well , no shock there but it would make for a good Raw :)

Dead 10-08-01 07:17 PM

Raw? Hmmm... isn't that on TV? ;)

Dr. DVD 10-08-01 08:41 PM

So far pretty run of the mill. I suspect tonight will see the declaration of independence by RVD from the alliance. A cool thing would be Jericho turning heel, but I don't see that happening...yet.
I guess Torrie Wilson has been expelled from the alliance, but I am not ruling out a return soon. The posters for Survivor Series have her and Lita on it, so maybe their roles are about to become larger.

cartman 10-08-01 10:10 PM

Where was it being hyped as the biggest ever? Nothing spectacular happened (I don't consider Regal "turning" heel as spectacular). I would REALLY like to see someone new be the champion (Y2J or RVD would be nice), but oh well.

Jackskeleton 10-08-01 10:16 PM

Good god o' might!!
Spoiler:
man, austin wins with the belt to the face by regal!!

Charlie Goose 10-08-01 10:46 PM

It was hyped as the biggest ever to boost ratings for the Angle/Austin match tonight.

Spoiler:
Totally bland Raw. The big surprise of the night was pseudo-face William Regal pasting Angle with the belt to enable an Austin victory. I'm so stunned.

dancinns 10-09-01 01:32 AM

*yawn*
I love the WWF but when I saw the preview for the show I knew I was going to be in for a night of disappointment. I was sorta waiting for Jericho to join WCW/ECW after his altercation with Rocky...oh well. I'm still waiting for Triple H to return.

Burnt Alive 10-09-01 02:15 AM

Isn't every Raw hyped as the biggest ever?

Kumar J 10-09-01 03:52 AM

I was thinking something like Jerry Lawler a.k.a The King comeback

Dr. DVD 10-09-01 08:17 AM

Regal joins the alliance....yawn. Not that great of a twist, nor a surprise for that matter.

AgtFox 10-09-01 08:46 AM

When Regal took the belt away from Austin and just stood there I saw from a mile away he was going to hit Angle with it. The WWF needs to come up with new and creative heel turns, not to mention ones that are far more powerful than Regal turning.

Spoiler:
I figured Austin was going to get the belt back tonight, he's been gone for 2 weeks from shows and it was a given he'd get it back tonight. I am guessing they are setting up Austin vs. Rock for No Way Out for the unification bout. They need to put Angle somewhere else, they can't keep the Austin/Angle thing for the 3rd straight PPV and the Rock needs some valid person to fight against (Booker and Shane were just puppets for the Rock).

I missed most of last night's show, so I'm not sure what else happened. I saw the Hardys win the WCW Tag Titles, that's about it.

das Monkey 10-09-01 09:11 AM

What a load of crap. Promotional material aside, this was one of the best RAWs in recent memory. The jokes were sharp, and the matches were good. But it should be that way every week. They give us sh!t for months and then expect a good episode to be "the biggest RAW ever?" Nothing "big" happened. A lame heel turn. A couple of belt changes. Nothing spectacular enough to warrant their promos. So stupid. I would have enjoyed this week 10 times more without them hyping it beyond what it was.

das

Dr. DVD 10-09-01 05:09 PM

I see this as paving the way for Jericho joining the alliance and RVD coming to the WWF side. I just hope everything is done in a believable manner and not a "just sit back and enjoy the ride" type style.

HN 10-09-01 07:04 PM

one thing's for sure :

http://www.expertstartup.com/~smackdownhn/xsux.gif

--HN

das Monkey 10-09-01 07:42 PM

Originally posted by HN
one thing's for sure :

http://www.expertstartup.com/~smackdownhn/xsux.gif

--HN

rotfl That's 10 times funnier when the image is delayed by about 3 seconds like mine was.

das

dave955 10-10-01 12:06 AM

Way overpromoted, and incredibly disappointing given the self-hype. This brings to mind the Bischoff promise of "a big surprise that will shake the wrestling universe and there's nothing Vince McMahon can do to stop it" from last year. The surprise: Goldberg turned heel.

Well, at least the WWF only did bait and switch on a Raw, and didn't use this to try to sell PPVs. (The bait and switch, aside from the "best Raw ever", was in the no interference main event...that stipulation is SO tired, the minute Regal came out it was obvious what was going to happen...would have been 100x more shocking if Regal cheated to help Angle win, and then Angle could freak out when he found out, and then Regal could be hated by both the WWF and the Alliance, a tweener commissioner, if you will...)

schizopak 10-10-01 12:57 AM

I didn't mind Raw too much cause I missed a lot of the hype (turned the tv on late and fell asleep off and on throughout). Still, nothing beats a letdown for me like Undertakers "Higher Power" turning out to be ol' Vinnie Mac.

http://www.duhspot.com/users/smiley/.../edoom/ALD.gif