Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Wrestlin - Tonite's RAW hyped as biggest ever, why ?

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 10-08-01, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What surprises do u expect ?

Can they top the ECW raw let along be the best Raw ever !

Rumours include returns of either/and/or

Foley, Vince, HBK, Hall, Nash, HHH, Steiner

I will just be so disappointed if the WWF doesn't have something cool up it's sleeve
Old 10-08-01, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From what Iver read Steiner , Hall , and Nash are under contract with TWC/AOL till January of 2002 and cant show till then . Vince is rumored to be on and perhaps Foley .
Old 10-08-01, 08:08 PM
Premium Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
RVD will turn on SCSA soon (or vice- versa). Is tonight the night??
Old 10-08-01, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm guessing a Love Cruise tie-in.
Old 10-08-01, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Perhaps Stacy Keibler will come out with only very small coverings on her body . .... Well , no shock there but it would make for a good Raw
Old 10-08-01, 08:17 PM
Mod Emeritus

Raw? Hmmm... isn't that on TV?
Old 10-08-01, 09:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

So far pretty run of the mill. I suspect tonight will see the declaration of independence by RVD from the alliance. A cool thing would be Jericho turning heel, but I don't see that happening...yet.
I guess Torrie Wilson has been expelled from the alliance, but I am not ruling out a return soon. The posters for Survivor Series have her and Lita on it, so maybe their roles are about to become larger.
Old 10-08-01, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Where was it being hyped as the biggest ever? Nothing spectacular happened (I don't consider Regal "turning" heel as spectacular). I would REALLY like to see someone new be the champion (Y2J or RVD would be nice), but oh well.
Old 10-08-01, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Good god o' might!!
Spoiler:
man, austin wins with the belt to the face by regal!!
Old 10-08-01, 11:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It was hyped as the biggest ever to boost ratings for the Angle/Austin match tonight.

Spoiler:
Totally bland Raw. The big surprise of the night was pseudo-face William Regal pasting Angle with the belt to enable an Austin victory. I'm so stunned.
Old 10-09-01, 02:32 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

*yawn*
I love the WWF but when I saw the preview for the show I knew I was going to be in for a night of disappointment. I was sorta waiting for Jericho to join WCW/ECW after his altercation with Rocky...oh well. I'm still waiting for Triple H to return.
Old 10-09-01, 03:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Isn't every Raw hyped as the biggest ever?
Old 10-09-01, 04:52 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I was thinking something like Jerry Lawler a.k.a The King comeback
Old 10-09-01, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Regal joins the alliance....yawn. Not that great of a twist, nor a surprise for that matter.
Old 10-09-01, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

When Regal took the belt away from Austin and just stood there I saw from a mile away he was going to hit Angle with it. The WWF needs to come up with new and creative heel turns, not to mention ones that are far more powerful than Regal turning.

Spoiler:
I figured Austin was going to get the belt back tonight, he's been gone for 2 weeks from shows and it was a given he'd get it back tonight. I am guessing they are setting up Austin vs. Rock for No Way Out for the unification bout. They need to put Angle somewhere else, they can't keep the Austin/Angle thing for the 3rd straight PPV and the Rock needs some valid person to fight against (Booker and Shane were just puppets for the Rock).

I missed most of last night's show, so I'm not sure what else happened. I saw the Hardys win the WCW Tag Titles, that's about it.
Old 10-09-01, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Hero

What a load of crap. Promotional material aside, this was one of the best RAWs in recent memory. The jokes were sharp, and the matches were good. But it should be that way every week. They give us sh!t for months and then expect a good episode to be "the biggest RAW ever?" Nothing "big" happened. A lame heel turn. A couple of belt changes. Nothing spectacular enough to warrant their promos. So stupid. I would have enjoyed this week 10 times more without them hyping it beyond what it was.

das
Old 10-09-01, 06:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I see this as paving the way for Jericho joining the alliance and RVD coming to the WWF side. I just hope everything is done in a believable manner and not a "just sit back and enjoy the ride" type style.
Old 10-09-01, 08:04 PM
HN
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

one thing's for sure :

--HN
Old 10-09-01, 08:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by HN
one thing's for sure :

--HN
That's 10 times funnier when the image is delayed by about 3 seconds like mine was.

das
Old 10-10-01, 01:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Way overpromoted, and incredibly disappointing given the self-hype. This brings to mind the Bischoff promise of "a big surprise that will shake the wrestling universe and there's nothing Vince McMahon can do to stop it" from last year. The surprise: Goldberg turned heel.

Well, at least the WWF only did bait and switch on a Raw, and didn't use this to try to sell PPVs. (The bait and switch, aside from the "best Raw ever", was in the no interference main event...that stipulation is SO tired, the minute Regal came out it was obvious what was going to happen...would have been 100x more shocking if Regal cheated to help Angle win, and then Angle could freak out when he found out, and then Regal could be hated by both the WWF and the Alliance, a tweener commissioner, if you will...)
Old 10-10-01, 01:57 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I didn't mind Raw too much cause I missed a lot of the hype (turned the tv on late and fell asleep off and on throughout). Still, nothing beats a letdown for me like Undertakers "Higher Power" turning out to be ol' Vinnie Mac.