Reload this Page >

Once and Again -10/5

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Once and Again -10/5

Old 10-06-01, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Once and Again -10/5

I enjoyed the second episode as well but I'm afraid they're gonna start focusing on the sister (Judy) too much.

Still the best for my money.

Eric Stoltz is a nice addition.
Old 10-06-01, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Every now and then Judy gets showcased, but I don't think she'll be getting tons in terms of screen time. This is Sela's show first and foremost, but I think it adds an interesting dynamic to the relationships of Judy and Jake and how that spills into the lives of Lily and the rest of the clan.

Throw in Steven Weber into the mix, you have both Judy and Rick get all tangled in knots, butin different ways. It should be interesting. Too bad the Will Gluck character was written out of the show, but with the actor now on Pasadena, it was inevitable.

It's so weird to see Eric Stolz playing the high school teacher, it seems like yesterday he was trying to ask out Amanda Jones for the date to end all dates...
Old 10-06-01, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I like how this week was almost a complete opposite of Rick and Lily's positions from last week's episode. This time, it was Rick telling Lily what she really wanted to do but was just too scared to admit that to her sister. Brilliant.

And is it me, or is Evan Rachel Wood blossoming into a gorgeous lady?
Old 10-07-01, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Another excellent episode for one of the best shows on TV. I too like the Judy storylines. I don't want to see too much focus on it, but it's a necessary dynamic to the show. She and Lily are so perfect together as sisters. Damn_fine casting an acting.

das
Old 10-07-01, 07:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

BTW, have I mentioned that I find Judy very cute and fine?
Old 10-07-01, 07:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Patman
You're wrong if a part of you doesn't want Judy Her character can be nerve-racking sometimes, but I'd put up with it.

das
Old 10-08-01, 02:14 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

three words: Sela+Ward+towel.
Old 10-08-01, 09:12 AM

My only complaint with this season thus far is how little screen time Rick is getting. Other than a few brief scenes, he's been pretty MIA. Last season they made a big deal about his company and how bad it was doing, but this season they haven't even mentioned it all yet. I'd like toknow how he is doing.

I can't complain too much, though, because one of the things I like so muh about the show is how different episodes will focus on different characters. It's rare a drama series has this many finely drawn and interesting characters to work with.
Old 10-08-01, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Well, with Rick going to work with the Steven Weber character, is appears tht Rick will be back in the architect game soon enough.
Old 10-08-01, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I for one am glad that they have set up enough story so that they don't run out of plot line too soon.

I too get frustrated when plot lines I want resolved don't get focused on but they will come in time.

As long as they stock up on towels and tank tops I'll be in it for the long run.

I still find it hard to believe that this show almost didn't make it back.
Old 10-08-01, 12:40 PM

Originally posted by Frank TJ Mackey

three words: Sela+Ward+towel.
Did anyone else notice in the first episode how Sela had on these sweat pants that had a big pink star right over her " chocolate starfish"?

We were kind of laughing, saying "what's up with that?" It looked like a target or something.

Old 10-08-01, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by JCJF10
I still find it hard to believe that this show almost didn't make it back.

Well ever since late summer the ABC website (on its schedule) has had 20/20 moving into the Friday night time slot in December but it doesn't (yet) have Once & Again moving to another night or anything.

I wonder if that means they are only giving it a half-season until they judge the ratings (which so far are not good).

Other shows like NYPD they have moving here and there but not Once & Again. I'm hoping it takes over the Monday Night Football slot starting in January. *fingers crossed*
Old 10-08-01, 06:05 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I actually find some of the more peripheral characters more interesting than Rick and Lily. I really like Judy -- she's basically sweet and goodhearted, and it must be difficult having a sister like Lily, who on the surface, would appear to have realized more of her dreams. I also like her friendship with Karen, who is very underused recently, and needs a storyline other than that involving the children. The reappearance of Steven Weber's character promises an interesting storyline with Judy.

Frankly, I find the "kids'" storylines a bit uninteresting, except for anything involving Jessie. Evan Rachel Wood is a remarkable young actress, and her resemblance to Susanna Thompson is an additional casting coup!
Old 10-08-01, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

What happened to Jessie's mom's relationship with that blonde lawyer at the end of last season?
Old 10-09-01, 10:16 AM

What happened to Jessie's mom's relationship with that blonde lawyer at the end of last season?
You mean that young doctor?

She dumped him as he was a bit too spontaneous for her.

I thought he was just what she needed, to loosen her up a bit. I loved it when he took her to the rock club and she saw Eli there!

I can't recall what exactly caused her to dump him, but I seem to remember he got too involved with her kids or something.
Old 10-10-01, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

No, but after the young doctor, one of the lawyers she was working with on the case against Miles Drentell had an interest in her. I can't remember quite what happened . . .that storyline just seemed to be dropped.
Old 10-11-01, 09:56 AM

Originally posted by rkndkn
No, but after the young doctor, one of the lawyers she was working with on the case against Miles Drentell had an interest in her. I can't remember quite what happened . . .that storyline just seemed to be dropped.
Oh, yeah, the DA. He made sure Rick wasn't charged because he had the hots for her.

I can't recall if she was interested back.
Old 10-11-01, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Hero

They were kissing pretty intensely at the time of Rick's grand jury was going down.