Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Good ol' TOUGH ENOUGH send its first winner to OVW

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 10-06-01, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tough Enough" female winner, Nidia, has been sent to the WWF's Louisville-based OVW developmental promotion.

just to show you... you do all that work to get to be the winner, you get a development deal and sent to the place where the has been wrestlers go.. She should expect to see D lo brown there
Old 10-06-01, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Probably don't want her getting hurt. If they had picked Taylor, they'd parade her around the Show as a pretty face while she learned how to wrestle. Since Nidia's not super duper hot like most of the main chicks, she's useless until she can work a match. It was obvious from the Maven vs. Tazz match that they still had a LOT to learn about working a full match. They may know plenty of moves and have a good feel, but it will be many months before they can work a real match that's more than hip tosses and armbars.

das
Old 10-06-01, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: Good ol' TOUGH ENOUGH send its first winner to OVW

Originally posted by Jackskeleton
... She should expect to see D lo brown there

I liked D-lo
Old 10-07-01, 12:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Nidia's going to OVW, and Maven is on his way to Heartland. For their sake, I hope they don't encounter too much resentment from everybody else. A lot of guys have been busting their asses on the independent circuit for years and years hoping for a simple tryout with the WWF, and these two just waltz in after a few months training with a one year developmental contract. When Mark Henry got a fat multi-year contract with the WWF without even wrestling a single match, he was the target of somewhat cruel pranks, including someone slipping human feces into a sandwich that he was eating. Josh and Harvard Chris have been accepting dates with smaller promotions, but I don't know about Taylor.
Old 10-08-01, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Re: Good ol' TOUGH ENOUGH send its first winner to OVW

Originally posted by tsohg

I liked D-lo
I think he is the most underrated wrestler in WWF History