Reload this Page >

The Mole...2nd episode

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Mole...2nd episode

Old 10-05-01, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Mole...2nd episode

I can tell I'm going to be really into this show. I love how they're using the competitions to create tension and suspicion within the group. It adds a whole new level to the game play.
Old 10-05-01, 11:14 PM

Yeah, the show is great...a thinking man's Survivor. Anyway, I mentioned this in another thread awhile ago but Rob is my brother. I just talked to him about the show to see if I could get any secrets out of him, but his lips are sealed. That's probably a good thing, though, as the suspense is great!
Old 10-06-01, 12:34 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I liked tonight's episode, where there was tension concerning the race to the train station and the double exemption. I couldn't help but notice when they were doing a sneak peak of how this episode was going to unfold (just before the commercial break), they edited the segments to make it appear that the contestants drinking at the bar were the ones receiving the exemption.

I also knew that they didn't burn the bags from the first episode, so that was the least surprising twist of this episode. All it was was just to give it an emotional twist, like they did last season when contestants would only be reunited with their significant other if they only correctly matched a response concerning the said person. Two people got it wrong (I remember Jennifer was crying over it), but were still reunited.
Old 10-06-01, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Eplicon
I also knew that they didn't burn the bags from the first episode, so that was the least surprising twist of this episode. All it was was just to give it an emotional twist, like they did last season when contestants would only be reunited with their significant other if they only correctly matched a response concerning the said person. Two people got it wrong (I remember Jennifer was crying over it), but were still reunited.
Yeah, that's what I've been saying the whole time, too. No way they would have burned their personal stuff. I was surprised, though, that they didn't pour on the drama more when they gave the bags back. I figured they'd somehow make a big deal out of it.
Old 10-07-01, 03:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I am trying to watch, but I admit I'm still mad they didn't accept me when I auditioned in Dallas. Grrr
Old 10-08-01, 04:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

What are your ideas on who the mole is so far?

My main suspect is Katie. She may have seemed upset during the last show but I think that may be a cover so people won't suspect her. She'll stay my main suspect until something changes that. I'm just going on a hunch, this show is hard actually tell who the mole is, and that's why I think it's great.
Old 10-08-01, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by dancinns
What are your ideas on who the mole is so far?

My main suspect is Katie. She may have seemed upset during the last show but I think that may be a cover so people won't suspect her. She'll stay my main suspect until something changes that. I'm just going on a hunch, this show is hard actually tell who the mole is, and that's why I think it's great.
My prime suspects:

1. Dorothy (She pounced on the blueberryless piece of cake)

2. Katie (I agree with dancinns, she's taking the game too seriously)

3. Bribs (That little can of mole-killer may be some kind of clue)

4. Darwin (He was too easily lured out of his room)
Old 10-09-01, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The prefaced the show with "Watch for clues to the Mole's identity." Was this a general rule, so to speak, or were they dsaying that this particular episode had clues?

I looked but certainly didn't see any...
Old 10-09-01, 04:55 PM

Originally posted by DigIt
The prefaced the show with "Watch for clues to the Mole's identity." Was this a general rule, so to speak, or were they dsaying that this particular episode had clues?

I looked but certainly didn't see any...
Supposedly every episode this season has a hidden clue as to the mole's identity. Who knows, though. Last year most of the "clues" were extremely ambiguous and seemed more accidental than intentional.
Old 10-09-01, 07:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Bobubott

Supposedly every episode this season has a hidden clue as to the mole's identity. Who knows, though. Last year most of the "clues" were extremely ambiguous and seemed more accidental than intentional.
For example, in episode 1, the 'd' in Switzerland was blinking in an on screen caption.
Clue or not? I don't know but I am keeping Dorothy and Darwin on my suspect list!
Old 10-11-01, 12:59 AM

From Yahoo news...

"ABC also is likely to pull "The Mole II" from Fridays at 8, relaunching it on a new night either immediately or later this season. The network probably will announce a new schedule Thursday."
Old 10-11-01, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Bobubott
From Yahoo news...

"ABC also is likely to pull "The Mole II" from Fridays at 8, relaunching it on a new night either immediately or later this season. The network probably will announce a new schedule Thursday."
Oh damn. They're not canning it are they? Anybody know anything?
Old 10-12-01, 04:27 PM

The news seems to be getting worse, according to Yahoo news. Here's the latest:

"ABC is also considering pulling its reality series ``The Mole II'' from Friday nights, after a disappointing start for the second rendition of a show that poses challenges to a group of people, even as a mole in their midst tries to sabotage their efforts.

A source familiar with the situation said ABC will let the show run this Friday at its normal time. If ratings do not improve, he said, the show will likely be pulled from the schedule and possibly reintroduced next year."

How braindead are the people at ABC? They know that the show's core audience is 18-49, so why do they put it in a timeslot when everyone this age is away from their TVs!? Why not just move it to a weekday night and fill the Friday night slot with something that can appeal to an older audience?
Old 10-12-01, 05:05 PM

Depending on who you ask, things might be worse. This is from eonline.com ...

"Additionally, ABC has pulled The Mole II indefinitely and replaced it with America's Funniest Home Videos. ABC says the reality show will return at a later date. "
Old 10-12-01, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It's official: ABC's *HAS* dropped the MOLE 2 from the schedule.

They're showing tonight's episode (But Why Bother??) and then going on permanent hiatus.

ABC claims they'll show the rest "at some point." Usually, networks wait until midsummer to burn off showings of already cancelled shows and failed pilots. That's almost a year from now.

Too bad. No reality show is *that* good, but I liked it...

Is this the first long-form gameshow to be cancelled mid-game?
Old 10-12-01, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

What is ABC thinking? Two episodes in of the new season, and they're worried? What about the ratings from the previous version? Weren't those satisfactory enough, or have people become suddenly indifferent to reality shows because of recent world events?

I don't like the word "haitus," at least when ABC uses the term. Because that usually equates to something else...
Old 10-12-01, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Idiots!!!!

God damn ABC. They saw the show worked on Tuesday's last year, but no, this year they had some high prospect comedy's. Where are thery, cancelled or soon will be.

I love the Mole, but I really fear more for Thieves which is quickly becoming a favorite of mine, but more importantly Once and Again.

Idiots!!!!
Old 10-12-01, 09:01 PM
Super Moderator

Count me among the unhappy. I really like this show.

BUt Friday night was a stupidly bad idea.
Old 10-13-01, 01:59 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm upset. ABC screwed themselves by giving it a bad time slot and they're pulling it due to bad ratings? Idiots.

The Mole is one of the few shows that gets me thinking. It's not just some mindless 1 hour filler...*sigh*
Old 10-13-01, 02:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

WHAT THE ****?! SO TONIGHTS SHOW WAS THE LAST ONE?????? SORRY IF IM LATE, BUT I HAVEN'T HEARD THIS NEWS UNTIL NOW! SO WE AREN'T GOING TO FIND OUT WHO THE MOLE IS?
Old 10-16-01, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Damn! Just found out about this now..... I thought that ratings were decent at least? ABC thinks America's Funniest Home Videos will pull higher ratings??!!!

I thought Katie was the mole too (splitting on 2 3's on the blackjack table?) but if that flashing D thing is true, then it has to be Dorothy.
Old 10-16-01, 12:46 PM

It's too bad. Last weeks episode was top-notch, and it looks like it only gets better from here. ABC should let the show finish.
Old 10-16-01, 12:57 PM

Latest word is that the series will re-air - starting with episode 1 - in either January or March. Let's just hope ABC keeps its promise to bring it back; however, it's ABC we're talking about, so I'm not holding my breath.
Old 10-16-01, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Groucho
It's too bad. Last weeks episode was top-notch, and it looks like it only gets better from here. ABC should let the show finish.

WORD!

That business with switching journals was killer. Last season it was more like "take notes if you want to, it'll help." But this time it was a big deal with each player getting an assigned journal - in hindsight, it should have been expected that the journals would actually be a key part of the game.

Nevertheless, switching them was really brutal!

Oh yeah, one more thing - F**K all network executives!!!
I mean, give me a break. This isn't like any old TV show - good ratings or bad, it won't have an infinite lifespan. It'll only be, what, 13 episodes or so? Then it's done, gone, out of here, a dot. And then ABC can put in any ratings blockbuster they want, such as, oh, say, America's Funniest Home Videos.
Old 10-16-01, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Maybe ABC's the frickin' Mole.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.