Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

New Shows that will probably Cancel before Christmas

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 10-05-01, 09:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know that the season just started but what new shows will get cancel early this year?
My vote goes for: Emeril (Gone by November). The show is dull. What was NBC thinking?
Old 10-05-01, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

All about dad
the ellen show

...havne't seen it but didn't we learn from last season that shows based on stars dont make it?
Old 10-05-01, 01:11 PM
Banned

Yes, TV Guide has already said that Emeril and the Ellen show are goners, the ratings have been horrible. They are also expecting that the reality shows like Lost, Great Race, Mole 2, etc, will not have much interest in light of the recent REALITY. Survivor will likely buck that trend, though. I like Undeclared, and it got good ratings so far. Enterprise obviously has nothing to worry about. Philly hasn't seem to have done much yet but who knows.
Old 10-05-01, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

a couple of these new dramas have to go as well...alias, philly, 24, citizen baines, and others....there aint room for them all.
Old 10-05-01, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Venusian
a couple of these new dramas have to go as well...alias, philly, 24, citizen baines, and others....there aint room for them all.
Philly got hit hard in its second week, but part of that is due to the Buffy premiere. Alias did quite well to be going against old people TV on CBS and the juggernaut that is Law & Order. We'll see if it holds up in week two, but I see it surviving. I'm really surprised to see Crossing Jordan holding up as well as it is. I love the show, but it reminds me of Deadline (which I also loved) from last year in many ways (except at 10pm instead of 8pm), but it's done well both weeks.

das
Old 10-05-01, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Emeril for sure

Ellen will keep going past christmas because its CBS, they leave stupid Crap on the air till it gets a small fan base, then they claim it as a hot show.

I'm thinking inside shwartz will be gone EVENTUALLY... they'll use it as a midseason replacement next year but it will be gone by the end of its full second season ala "working" But i might be alone on that, cause i also thought "Ed" was crap.
Old 10-05-01, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

No way, don't say that. I'm liking Inside Schwartz (which for a new comedy is almost the kiss of death - many of my favorites seem to end up dead).

I bet the Agency ends up dead (I'm giving it one more week to make an impression, then it's gone from my Replay lineup).
Old 10-05-01, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I'll go out on a limb and say Alias will get cancelled. I don't see room for Buffy, Dark Angel, and Alias, and the premise is kind of a one-trick pony anyway.

Also bet against Bob Patterson.
Old 10-05-01, 02:43 PM
Mod Emeritus

Originally posted by valkyrie
No way, don't say that. I'm liking Inside Schwartz (which for a new comedy is almost the kiss of death - many of my favorites seem to end up dead).

So far, I've liked it too. Still, I suspect that it won't last very long.
Old 10-05-01, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I think there may be quite a few cancellations before Christmas.

1. The Ellen Show(no audience)
2. Wolf Lake (good show but lots of competition)
3. According to Jim
4. Lost (boring)
5. Inside Schwartz (funny but in that dreadful 8:30 timeslot as NBC cancels everything from this slot)
6. Pasadena (just crap so far)
7. Danny (see Ellen Show)

I'm sure there are more but this is what I can think of right now.
Old 10-05-01, 04:02 PM

Its not that i dont' like inside schwartz... its just, it seems a little.. Well, someone said "one trick pony" about Alias.. i think schwartz falls into the same category.

Now: "Oh look, sports announcers talking while he's making out. hahahaha"

6 Months From Now: "Oh look, sports announcers talking while he's making out. *yawwwwwwwwwn*"

Old 10-05-01, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

"Emeril" will be gone within the next three weeks, as I predicted months ago. I haven't seen any of the new shows, what's the ratings for "Scrubs", or has it not been on yet? I thought the previews looked godawful.
Old 10-05-01, 09:52 PM

If there is a god, Emeril will get canceled. The show is terrible.

Inside Schwartz might last for a while, but I doubt it will last longer than 6 months.

Citizen Baines could be a goner too; do people really want to watch a show starring a guy with that big of a nose? Yeah, yeah, I know it's superficial, but that's a big honker.
Old 10-05-01, 11:12 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'll bet Wolf Lake gets canned within the next month.
Old 10-06-01, 12:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I really liked the Ellen Show, seems people just don't like Ellen though. However, its on at the same time as Dark Angel, which I didn't really care for last year (when it was on the same time as the regular Angel so I never watched it), but think I'll stick with it this year.

I watched the first episode of Citizen Baines and it really didn't seem to have much potential. I don't recall it being up against anything else worth watching, so it might survive just because of that, but the premise of the show alone I think is going to doom it.

Wolf Lake, although I'm following it, will probably be a goner as its not really that good.

Someone above mentioned Philly, which I think is a great show, so I sure hope its not gone! Another surprise show that I find myself really liking is Thieves. As soon as I saw John Stamos in it I thought for sure it was going to suck hard, but it seems to have all the right elements in it. Alias also seems like it has a lot of potential and I hope it sticks around.

I haven't seen most of the others that people are predicting to die, mostly cause they looked like crap to begin with so I didn't bother watching at all.
Old 10-06-01, 09:04 AM

Due to poor ratings Wolf Lake will probably be gone by next month. As long as Inside Schwartz is on Thursday it will survive its a first season. Remmember shows like Jesse and the Naked Truth. You put Schwartz on Tuesday and it won't last a month. I also agree on CBS new friday shows. Ellen might make it to December but Danny will be gone within this month.
Old 10-06-01, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I really hope Thieves stays on the air. It's a great show and the two leads have good chemistry together.

Btw, when are networks gonna learn that shows are bound to have lower ratings on fridays since people are usually out doing other things?
Old 10-07-01, 01:00 AM

WEEKEND UPDATE

Jimmy Falon: "Many shows premiering this week decided to edit out some jokes that people may find offensive, while inside shawrtz decided to avoid humor alltogether."
Old 10-07-01, 01:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Wormwood
I really hope Thieves stays on the air. It's a great show and the two leads have good chemistry together.

Btw, when are networks gonna learn that shows are bound to have lower ratings on fridays since people are usually out doing other things?
It's relative. I don't think they expect any show to pull 20 million viewers on a Friday night, but if the show fails to pull better that year ago numbers or at least "average" numbers for the night, just like on any other night its gone.
Old 10-10-01, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I dont care what they cancel as long as it is not Inside Schwartz or Scrubs. They are my favorite new shows this season. I say Emeril will be gone really fast. Other than that I really have not watched any new shows.

I hope "Yes, Dear" is going good, I don't want them to end up canceling that either (it is a returning show though, not a new one).

I know you said CBS keeps show and will keep Ellen for awhile... WELL THEN WHY DIDNT THEY AIR THE LAST EPISODE OF BETTE? Huh? Ok so maybe you didnt like it but I did. Oh well all I watch is NBC and CBS anyway.