Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Buffy 10/02/2001 [SPOILERS D'UH!]

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-01, 07:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buffy 10/02/2001 [SPOILERS D'UH!]

Okay, we're on a commercial. So far, okay. The acting is right on par. However, the Robot speech patterns are damn annoying.
Old 10-02-01, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Okay, I have a real problem with Willow killing the deer. Witches have been trying to get rid of stupid stigma's like this. Someone will capitalize on this, I'm certain.
Old 10-02-01, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Would there have been so much decay already????

Okay, I'm posting as I go on commercials.
Old 10-02-01, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The lack of widescreen is a big disappointment - UPN's not getting on the ball

Buffybot IS annoying, and hardly funny.
Old 10-02-01, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Friends of mine and I have been hoping for Willow to start to stay further down the dark path. Perhaps that's on the horizon.

Not too thrilled with the "rise from the dead" angle. Thought they'd come up with something better than that.

Back on...

das
Old 10-02-01, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Okay, I liked the spell, but Willow has definitely broken the rule of and It Harm None, Do What you will. She should be hit by the law of three, "And whatsoever ye shall do for good or bane, shall return to ye threefold." We've purposely reworked many spells so it's no longer necessary to take a life.

Definitely getting intense.
Old 10-02-01, 08:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Okay, so magic-wise, Tara is fairly useless???? And one would think some sort of a spell to keep badies out of the Magic Box would be good. Then you have a safe haven? Or am I expecting too much? I know we have to suspend belief with the whole body being enbalmed thing, but how much belief needs to be suspended????
Old 10-02-01, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Well, I still enjoyed the 2-hour season premiere of Buffy, in spite of Willow's measures to bring back Buffy.

For a split second, while Buffy was still buried in the coffin, I swear she looked like Calista Flockhart.

Yes, Willow was able to resurrect Buffy, but not without some questionable witchery (the deer). But in the end, Buffy's back, and can still kick some demon tail! I was getting to like Buffy-bot though.

It should be interesting to see how they integrate her back into the land of the living.
Old 10-02-01, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Hate to say it, but I'm pretty disappointed.

It pretty much demeans her great sacrifice, if you can just kill a deer and bring her back to life. I thought the purpose of the Joyce episode (Catspaw ripoff) was to show the futility of trying to resurrect the dead. I want Buffy back as much as the next guy, but I would have liked something more. Some tradeoff. In order to get Buffy back, something REALLY bad and long-lasting should have happened in return. I'm not too keen on having her rise from the grave like nothing happened. At least we can see that they'll make a period of adjustment for Buffy, but I still feel a bit cheated.

Oh well ... can't win 'em all.

das

P.S. Unless, of course, the side effect is for Willow to go baddie on us. That would satisfy me.

Last edited by das Monkey; 10-02-01 at 09:13 PM.
Old 10-02-01, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Loved it when Xander called himself a "Man-wich". LOL!
Old 10-02-01, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I had been disappointed in the finale saying it should have been Dawn that jumped because we had been told that it was her and her blood all along. It would have been much more interesting if, either way - Dawn or Buffy, there had been no body and the person had to be brought back from another dimension. Would have been that much more interesting.

There will be a period of adjustment, but what we don't know yet, is if there will be any consequences. Usually there are. Overall I enjoyed the episode, but as you can see, I had my issues.
Old 10-02-01, 09:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Patman
Loved it when Xander called himself a "Man-wich". LOL!
A sloppy joe is just a sandwich, but a manwich is a meal ... yummm.

das
Old 10-02-01, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,657 Likes on 1,033 Posts
Spoiler:
Looks like from the preview for next week there will be consequences.
I liked the episode, even though I wish it wasn't just a Willow Spell that brought her back. Though having only the one urn I guess means it wasn't THAT easy. And they said it had to be on a certain night or time of year, right? Eh, we will see how the season goes.

Last edited by Draven; 10-03-01 at 12:19 AM.
Old 10-02-01, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

draven - the spoilers were for this week, not next. It might be a good idea for you to give a heads up before speaking of next week. Most of the folks in this thread don't watch the previews, nor read TV Guide descriptions and prefer not to know what is coming next week.
Old 10-02-01, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I really liked tonights episode- but I'm sorry to see Giles go. Did anyone catch Tara's nod to the Mutant Enemy production company at the airport? "Arrgh. Arrrgh." I liked Buffy's return, it was similar to someone else's
Spoiler:
Angel's
return a few seasons ago where it took a while to regain their identity.

Also, I thought the scene with the deer was needed to make it clear that Willow wasn't being quite honest with the rest of the gang about the spell. Otherwise, how would we have known that this wasn't a spell she'd normally be meddling in?
Old 10-02-01, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Grr ... argh ... frustratingly enough, I've been saying that for over a decade. Now it looks like I'm copying Mutant Enemy Oh well.

As for the deer scene, I was REALLY happy to see it. They've been dancing around the Willow issue for too long now. It's time for them to get serious with her character. She's been messing around with the mystical, and it's time for that to have consequences. Like I said, I've been hoping for her to get too powerful for her own good for a while now. Perhaps bringing Buffy back pushed her over the line.

das
Old 10-02-01, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Grr ... argh ... frustratingly enough, I've been saying that for over a decade. Now it looks like I'm copying Mutant Enemy Oh well.
Yeah, but were you saying it while moving a ugly finger puppet to make it look like the logo at the end of every episode?
Old 10-02-01, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Tscott

Yeah, but were you saying it while moving a ugly finger puppet to make it look like the logo at the end of every episode?
Thankfully, I was not

das
Old 10-02-01, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Tara: [sits on table]

Anya: With yoga?

Old 10-02-01, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts
Seems to me that I read somewhere that Willow will indeed turn evil later this year. For wrestling fans, she will make a heel turn
Old 10-02-01, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I liked the fact that the one vampire who figured out that BuffyBot wasn't human was wearing a Hansen T-shirt. LMAO :lol
Old 10-02-01, 10:31 PM

Am I the only one that thinks the premiere could have been trimmed down to just 1 hour? I thought the pacing was really slow.
Old 10-02-01, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

There is no way that they could of trimmed it down. I liked the 2 hour season premire.
Old 10-02-01, 11:18 PM

Mark my words....

Willow will be the MAIN BAD GUY at the end of this Season....It is a lot like Darth Vader and she is going down the DARK path. The finale will have Buffy defeating Willow thereby letting Willow get back in Control...I imagine she will continue to slip the entire season until it hits a head this season finale....

Bruce
Old 10-02-01, 11:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It really could have been better. They had two whole episodes to work with, and they just kinda gragged it out. They could have really just crammed that episode into the first hour and the next episode (the one with Xander's white eyes) into the second.

Oh well, it could have been much worse...

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.